Embroidery First Time, Lol

Business By spottydog Updated 8 May 2006 , 12:33pm by dsoutherngirl

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:02am
post #1 of 13

I need help with this one...LOL!I crack myself up! not sure what happened. Used crusting buttercream? Wrong consistanty? It just looks really choppy to me.Any help or suggestions Please!!! I love the technique and would like to get it somewhat correct! Thanks......Lisa
LL

12 replies
cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:19am
post #2 of 13

I think you did a great job. It doesn't look choppy to me. I think the pink and green on the brown background looks really nice!!!! Don't be so hard on yourself!!

Pootchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pootchi Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:25am
post #3 of 13

that cake looks great!!! Don't be hard on yourself!!!

Lorris

Sherry0565 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sherry0565 Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:28am
post #4 of 13

Lisa,

I think it looks wonderful! Not Choppy at all. It's just like anything else, you get better and better with practice, but I for one would have never guessed that this was your first attempt!! My First attempt was HORRIBLE!

Beautiful cake! Good Job!

spottydog Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:30am
post #5 of 13

Thanks To each of you...I guess it's just like everyone says: We are our own worst critic! I certainly need to practice though. Just more cake to eat! icon_smile.gif

cindy6250 Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:44am
post #6 of 13

That's right!! Did you make your chocolate fondant? I haven't tackled that yet. If so, did you get recipe off this site for it??

spottydog Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:46am
post #7 of 13

No ...... I am frightened to attempt that. I have only only tackled MMF.It is the satin ice fondant. Tastes great! I need to use it for a graduation cake and decided to try it out first. Very hard to roll out!

cindy6250 Posted 8 May 2006 , 11:50am
post #8 of 13

I have tried regualr Satin Ice and it was a disaster for me. I had a hard time handling it, but it may have just been rolled too thin, no sure. The chocolate sounds really good. I will keep it in mind if I have an opportunity to use fondant. Most everyone I make cakes for like buttercream.

Omicake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Omicake Posted 8 May 2006 , 12:01pm
post #9 of 13

As the other guys said : Don't be hard on yourself!!
I like the color combination you chose and the fondant looks so soft.I really like it a lot.

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 8 May 2006 , 12:17pm
post #10 of 13

I think it looks great! Much better than mine! I love the colors on the chocolate too! Very pretty. thumbs_up.gif

SweetInspirations Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetInspirations Posted 8 May 2006 , 12:22pm
post #11 of 13

Oooooo....So colorful! Really catches your attention! It looks awesome icon_wink.gif
It says to use a medium buttercream consistency in a Wiltons book I have.

spottydog Posted 8 May 2006 , 12:23pm
post #12 of 13

dsoutherngirl....your kidding! Your cake is what made me give it a try!!!! Yours came out PERFECT! I love it.

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 8 May 2006 , 12:33pm
post #13 of 13

Awww.. icon_redface.gif Thank you but your technique is much better!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%