Will I Have Enough Servings......?

Decorating By xkuuipo415x Updated 7 May 2006 , 6:01pm by MikeRowesHunny

xkuuipo415x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xkuuipo415x Posted 7 May 2006 , 5:40pm
post #1 of 5

Happy Sunday everyone!

I was asked to make a Bridal Shower cake for my cousin's party this coming saturday. Since all the aunts are throwing the shower, they asked if I could make a 10 and 12 inch tiered cake. I have been sooo excited about the design and getting to make this, but this morning woke up after a horrible dream and became stressed over this whole thing.

There is going to be 30-35 guests - will I have enough servings for everybody with those two size cakes? I did think about maybe changing it to a 14 and 12 inch, but I realized I lent out my 14 inch cake pan and will not have it back in enough time.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Tina

4 replies
traci Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
traci Posted 7 May 2006 , 5:50pm
post #2 of 5

Hi!

I think you should do a 10 inch and a 6 inch stacked round cake. If you do a double layer...that will give you plenty of servings.

If you decided to use a 12 inch...I would use an 8 inch on top of that. That will give you way more than what you need.

I am doing a small wedding cake in a couple of weeks...and I will be using a 10inch and 6 inch round. The wedding will be for 50 people.

Unless you want A LOT left over...I would use the smaller pans!

Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 May 2006 , 5:51pm
post #3 of 5

Are they single or double layered cakes? Double layer servings for these 2 cakes will be around 70 decent portions, so if you half that for a single layer it'll be 35 servings - so, yes, you should have enough!

xkuuipo415x Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xkuuipo415x Posted 7 May 2006 , 5:54pm
post #4 of 5

I will actually be doing double layers - so I guess there will be extra left over ---- which may be a good thing since the men and boys will be coming at the end so I'm sure they will want some!

Thanks for your help. I always have to guesstimate on servings, per pan - especially when the people I always make cakes for take 4 inch slices!

haha

Tina

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 7 May 2006 , 6:01pm
post #5 of 5

You'll definately have enough then - when I said decent servings, I meant bigger than the usual 4x2x1in wedding nonsense lol thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%