Help Please I Made No Fail Sugar Cookies!

Baking By ministerswife1995 Updated 7 May 2006 , 4:07pm by bonniebakes

ministerswife1995 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ministerswife1995 Posted 7 May 2006 , 2:46am
post #1 of 5

I made no fail sugar cookies tonight (Love the recipe). It is so late that I was wondering if it would be ok to wait and decorate them tomorrow? I plan on using Antonia74's recipe because I have read alot of good things about it. I have the cookies on a stick and stored in my sheetcake taker. Will they be ok to wait until tomorrow to decorate? Do I need to put anything between them to store them before I icing them? I know I will need to tomorrow. I also plan on freezing them and putting the bouquet together for Mother's day next weekend. I am making 6 bouquets with three cookies each for my family.
I would have done it tonight, but I am a mother of 4 children ages 7, 5, 19 months and 4 months. It is hard to do when I have small children and someone needs something constantly. I'm sure there are other moms who do this all the time, but I am just getting into baking cakes and cookies.

Any advice about baking would help, thanks in advance.
Dawn

4 replies
chriscrites Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chriscrites Posted 7 May 2006 , 3:11am
post #2 of 5

I have made the dough and put it in the fridge for the night also I have cut them all out and put them in the freezer until I was ready to bake. And I have also baked one day and decorated the next. I am sure there would be no problem there-Im just not sure about freezing with them after being decorated...someone else will have to help with that topic.

twinsline7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
twinsline7 Posted 7 May 2006 , 3:17am
post #3 of 5

I make them bake them one night and decorate the next all the time....theyve never been a problem!

You'll be fine!

koolaidstains Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
koolaidstains Posted 7 May 2006 , 3:23am
post #4 of 5

I can't answer your question, but I understand your situation. I have four kids 8, 7, 5, and 2.5 and it's soooo hard to get cakes done. I love doing them, but finding uninterrupted time is next to impossible. When I do cakes, I often have to stop and start and so far things have come out okay.

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 7 May 2006 , 4:07pm
post #5 of 5

Do you mean that you've made the dough already or made the dough and baked them already?

If you have made the dough but not baked them yet, you can keep it in the freezer (Antonia74 has said that freezing the uncooked dough keeps it more moist than in the refrigerator). If they are already baked, there is absolutely NO problem with keeping them at room temperature for several days until you ice them. I usually bake mine one day and store them in tupperware until I have a large chunk of time to ice them - usually 1-3 days later.

be sure to post pictures!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%