Outlining Question And Shipping Cookies?

Baking By manyacakes Updated 7 May 2006 , 4:24pm by bonniebakes

manyacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manyacakes Posted 6 May 2006 , 5:52pm
post #1 of 3

i made the cookies this morning. i'm going to try and decorate some of them with mmf and i would like to do the rest in royal icing. do you outline all of your cookies first and then fill them all in?

if you have mailed your cookies what special precautions do you take to make sure they arrive in one piece and also that the icing doesn't crack?

thanks,
manya

2 replies
charlieinMO Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
charlieinMO Posted 6 May 2006 , 9:27pm
post #2 of 3

Sometimes I outline them, sometimes I don't. Just a preference I think. Also depends on how thin your icing is.

Haven't shipped any so I can't answer that part. Hope someone can help you though!

bonniebakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bonniebakes Posted 7 May 2006 , 4:24pm
post #3 of 3

I shipped cookies this past week (some about 1000 miles, the others 3000 miles).

I sent about 6 dozen cross cookies to my sister-in-law for my nieces communion - 1000 miles. For those, I put them in throw away tins (about 9x13, I think), beacuse they didn't have to be individually packaged. I tried to make it so that they wouldn't move around much, but weren't too tight fitting. I put wax paper between the layers and only did 3 layers deep in each tray. then I covered it with plastic wrap and wrapped the whole thing in bubble wrap. then I put that in a box (fairly tight fitting, and I filled in any extra room with stryofoam peanuts). I edned up with 4 boxes, so I put all of those boxes into another large box and padded them in well. They said that they all got there fine!

The ones that I sent across the country were for a thank you gift. they were wrapped individually and then put in a shirt box (padded with that paper stuff on the top and the bottom). Then I put the shirt box inside of a strudy cardboard pizza box (unused and inside out) and filled in any extra space with packing material. I haven't yet herad how those made it...

good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%