Using Cc Members

Decorating By kris_813 Updated 26 Apr 2007 , 4:20am by stephanie214

Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 5:34pm
post #121 of 134

Kris,

I'm sorry, I'm one that took place in keeping this thread going.

At first it was just to lighten it a little. Then it turned into chatting which was cool. But, then it went right back under the cloud again.

I am so sorry and I will be one to move on.

kris_813 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kris_813 Posted 25 Apr 2007 , 5:42pm
post #122 of 134

thank you!!

now, I'm keeping it going icon_smile.gif

OK, lets stop!

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 12:48am
post #123 of 134

Sorry...but I'm not going to stop. You started it, so be fair and allow others to voice their opinion.
I just came across this thread for the first time today. I was annoyed at first at all the mysterious inuendos. I mean....what? if you're not in "the loop", you don't get to know what the thread is really about?
If you had an issue with someone, why didn't you pm a mod and have them look into it? Instead you made another member feel badly about something she did to better herself. Were you, or anyone you knew, in the running for this television show? If so, then I understand why it irked you. Otherwise, I do not.
She apologized so openly, and, yet, only one person accepted it, yet a few newbies felt obliged to apologize for not having any photos posted. I don't know what to think. Not my usual self, I know....I just felt a bit annoyed at this thread.

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:55am
post #124 of 134

adven68.......you make some good points here. Clearly, no one on CC was in the running for that tv show host position. So, what's the big deal, right?
I'm in the middle here. The person the post was originally about (morphogirl) made her first post two weeks ago. Kris must have noticed that the majority of her posts in various threads were asking people to vote for her. Kris was probably just worried about CC becoming a place where people come and advertise themselves with no intention of contributing to CC.
But....Morphogirl has already contributed. She posted a thread where she made available her big rose templates from a cake that she did that was just gorgeous.
AND, Morphogirl made a rather straightforward apology for coming across as though she was here only to promote herself.

So yeah....it was a weird thread. People get overly protective of things (this site is no exception). Kris just wanted to keep the integrity of the site, and Morphogirl came upon CC at the same time this hosting thing came about.
It probably would have been better to PM Morphogirl from the start, but maybe that would have seemed a bit aggressive.

Hopefully Morphogirl has not been put off b/c of this thread. It might be nice for some to pm her to make sure she is more than welcome here.
Just a thought.

kris_813 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:42am
post #125 of 134

you know what adven68, that wasn't necessary! The question was posted, answered, and everyone has moved on. I voiced my concerns and morphogirl explained herself, what more do you want?????? You are trying to start another fire. I am so sorry you tuned in a little late, but get over it.
THAT IS WHY I WANTED THIS CLOSED!!!!!
Along with the fact that my blackberry needs a break.

No hard feelings towards anyone. Please, lets just all be adults about this and MOVE ON!!! There are more important things to dwell on, like more cake.

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:49am
post #126 of 134

hmmm....that was interesting.

stephanie214 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stephanie214 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:02am
post #127 of 134

Okay, once again icon_smile.gif ,

Everyone have voiced their opinions and concerns and the situation has been dealt with with an apology and explanation, so, lets get back to some light-hearted chit-chat icon_biggrin.gif

Have they caught Melvira yet? icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kris_813 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:03am
post #128 of 134

i saw her in Texas this morning

stephanie214 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:18am
post #129 of 134

I will be in Houston tomorrow afternoon...no joke thumbs_up.gif

cakecrumb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakecrumb Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:24am
post #130 of 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by kris_813

you know what adven68, that wasn't necessary! The question was posted, answered, and everyone has moved on. I voiced my concerns and morphogirl explained herself, what more do you want?????? You are trying to start another fire. I am so sorry you tuned in a little late, but get over it.
THAT IS WHY I WANTED THIS CLOSED!!!!!
Along with the fact that my blackberry needs a break.

No hard feelings towards anyone. Please, lets just all be adults about this and MOVE ON!!! There are more important things to dwell on, like more cake.

You go girl! I agree. thumbs_up.gif

kris_813 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:24am
post #131 of 134

Have fun!! I told my husband I'm not leaving Texas until I go to Houston and see Joel Osteen. Can you believe it, I'm only two hours away and I've never been.

stephanie214 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:38am
post #132 of 134

I can't wait to get to the cake supply store in Sugarland...Sugarhill...can't remember the name but I know that I will find it icon_lol.gif

If anyone knows the correct name, please let me know icon_lol.gif

How's the weather in your part of TX?

kris_813 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:53am
post #133 of 134

beautiful, the high today was 78 and sunny, but when I saw Melvira, she had on her winter gear with her favorite red flannel shirt.
OK i'm going to bed and I hope you have fun on the cruise. I wish I could go, I SUPPOSE to be planning one for Christmas, but I'm not sure if we should take the 2year old or leave him with my mother.
Before you leave for the cruise, how about being a sweetheart and close this topic. PLEASE, PRETTY PLEASE
My blackberry will really appreciate it!

stephanie214 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 4:20am
post #134 of 134

Since kris_813 is the original poster, I will honor her request to lock this thread.

Thanks to everyone for keeping this on the positive...as always, you are the best thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%