Glossy Coating On Melted Chocolate..yuck!

Decorating By MrsMissey Updated 8 Oct 2004 , 7:58pm by MrsMissey

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 8 Oct 2004 , 2:13pm
post #1 of 3

Question for candy makers!! I make these peanut butter balls and then coat them with chocolate almond bark, to which a teaspoon of crisco is added. I've never had any issues until recently. The past few times I made them, the almond bark hardens fine but then I get this sticky glossy coating and it looks terrible. I tried to pat it off with a papertowel but that makes it even worse. I don't know if it is because of humidity or if I am overheating the chocolate. I haven't changed anything that I have been doing for years but something is definitely wrong. Any ideas or suggestions?? icon_cry.gif Thanks in advance!

2 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 8 Oct 2004 , 5:22pm
post #2 of 3

I opened up this post thinking I may be of some help, but then I read you use Almond Bark. I have no experience with that. So, unfortunately I'm of no help. Are the climate conditions (as you mentioned) different? I would think that would matter. When I moved from the coast to the high desert I had to learn how to cook all over again, truly!!

MrsMissey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MrsMissey Posted 8 Oct 2004 , 7:58pm
post #3 of 3

..thanks for trying but I've lived in the same house since I've started making these things. Maybe I just put in too much crisco or something stupid like that! icon_confused.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%