Oven Help For Shop

Business By ellepal Updated 4 May 2006 , 7:43pm by tawnyachilders

ellepal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ellepal Posted 4 May 2006 , 4:29pm
post #1 of 5

Help!! I need to know what kind of commercial oven I need to put into a shop that would bake cakes the best. I heard that convection ovens blow the batter around and over dry the cakes. I am in the process of buying a bigger oven, and I am CLUELESS!!! Any wisdom?
Thanks!
Ellen

4 replies
marmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmar Posted 4 May 2006 , 5:10pm
post #2 of 5

I'm going to be looking for one, too. Can't help too much yet, but several people gave me this tip : Avoid the ovens with all the little electronic gidgets and gadgets - they go quickly and are expensive to fix. This would be the digital temperature settings, timers, etc. I notice that my home oven is constantly on the fritz, and it has all those digital thingies (this is actually the real technical term) that are constantly blinking and flashing crazy things - I'm always removing and replacing fuses.

There's an oven called DUKE that we'll be checking out soon - has 2 yr warranty as opposed to 1 yr for other brands. Is this a good thing? Maybe it will break down twice as much icon_lol.gif

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 4 May 2006 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 5

Interesting question, wish I could help...

Good luck!!!

marmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmar Posted 4 May 2006 , 5:32pm
post #4 of 5

Check out bakeryequipment.com. They sell all kinds of different makes, and have a toll-free #. They might be able to give you an unbiased opinion.

tawnyachilders Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tawnyachilders Posted 4 May 2006 , 7:43pm
post #5 of 5

I am in the process of getting my cake business going and I have been testing my oven today. I got a Deluxe cr2-4 off of ebay in new condition.
It works great. I am able to bake 4 full sheet cakes at a time. I didn't have to rotate or anything. I love Deluxe ovens.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%