Imbc

Baking By beccakelly Updated 24 Nov 2012 , 3:28pm by Jess155

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:08pm
post #1 of 11

i've got some IMBC in the mixer right now, using WBH directions. she says that if it looks curdled just keep on beating. well mine has looked curdled for the past 5 minutes, and i think it's looking worse. should i keep beating it? for how long till i just give up?

10 replies
CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:16pm
post #2 of 11

Ok, I'm guessing here, but have you already added the butter? If yes, was the bowl cool when you did it?

I did the WBH IMBC last week and my bowl took at least 25 minutes to get cool enough that it wasn't still warm. It seemed like forever and a day!

Did you maybe add the butter too soon and so now it will take longer to come together?

Just guessing, don't bite!
Christy

CranberryClo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CranberryClo Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 11

Edited because it showed up twice! Sorry............

Botanesis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Botanesis Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:26pm
post #4 of 11

Mine did the same thing this weekend. Put the bowl, and paddle attachment in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes. When you take it out, turn the mixer on high and it will come together in about a minute or so. I thought mine was ruined, but I was able to save it. Good luck!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:27pm
post #5 of 11

Yes you are still fine. Are you using a paddle or a whip? I suggest a whip. If it is curdled it it probably a little too cool. If you have a torch, hit the side of the bowl a bit and see if that helps. If not, just pull a little out, microwave it, and add it back.

You haven't killed it icon_smile.gif

spoiledbyneil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledbyneil Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:34pm
post #6 of 11

i am new, really new to the cake decorating, and so can someone tell me what WBH IMBC is? thx!!!

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 6:22pm
post #7 of 11

italian meringue buttercream

beccakelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beccakelly Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 6:57pm
post #8 of 11

thanks for the help all!! it took a while, but (after putting in the fridge for a bit) it came together just fine, and oh my gosh, it tastes amazing. it reminds me of ice cream! definitely a keeper thumbs_up.gif

oh and spoiledbyneil it is italian meringue buttercream (IMBC) using the whimsical bakehouse recipe (WBH).

spoiledbyneil Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spoiledbyneil Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 9:08pm
post #9 of 11

italian meringue buttercream (IMBC) using the whimsical bakehouse recipe (WBH).....where can i find this? And what makes it different from other buttercream? thanks for the help!!!

candacethecook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
candacethecook Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 5:20am
post #10 of 11

I am so used to eating regular buttercream, that when I tried the IMBC, I thought it tasted like pure whipped butter!  How important is it to add ALL that butter?  Seems like a lot!  Thanks, everyone.

Jess155 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jess155 Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 3:28pm
post #11 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by candacethecook 

I am so used to eating regular buttercream, that when I tried the IMBC, I thought it tasted like pure whipped butter!  How important is it to add ALL that butter?  Seems like a lot!  Thanks, everyone.

I never add all the butter my recipe calls for.  I use 4 sticks intead of 6.  It still tastes buttery, but when you eat it with cake, it's great. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%