beccakelly Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:08pm
post #1 of

i've got some IMBC in the mixer right now, using WBH directions. she says that if it looks curdled just keep on beating. well mine has looked curdled for the past 5 minutes, and i think it's looking worse. should i keep beating it? for how long till i just give up?

10 replies
CranberryClo Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:16pm
post #2 of

Ok, I'm guessing here, but have you already added the butter? If yes, was the bowl cool when you did it?

I did the WBH IMBC last week and my bowl took at least 25 minutes to get cool enough that it wasn't still warm. It seemed like forever and a day!

Did you maybe add the butter too soon and so now it will take longer to come together?

Just guessing, don't bite!
Christy

CranberryClo Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:18pm
post #3 of

Edited because it showed up twice! Sorry............

Botanesis Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:26pm
post #4 of

Mine did the same thing this weekend. Put the bowl, and paddle attachment in the refrigerator for about 10-15 minutes. When you take it out, turn the mixer on high and it will come together in about a minute or so. I thought mine was ruined, but I was able to save it. Good luck!!

KoryAK Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:27pm
post #5 of

Yes you are still fine. Are you using a paddle or a whip? I suggest a whip. If it is curdled it it probably a little too cool. If you have a torch, hit the side of the bowl a bit and see if that helps. If not, just pull a little out, microwave it, and add it back.

You haven't killed it icon_smile.gif

spoiledbyneil Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 5:34pm
post #6 of

i am new, really new to the cake decorating, and so can someone tell me what WBH IMBC is? thx!!!

KoryAK Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 6:22pm
post #7 of

italian meringue buttercream

beccakelly Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 6:57pm
post #8 of

thanks for the help all!! it took a while, but (after putting in the fridge for a bit) it came together just fine, and oh my gosh, it tastes amazing. it reminds me of ice cream! definitely a keeper thumbs_up.gif

oh and spoiledbyneil it is italian meringue buttercream (IMBC) using the whimsical bakehouse recipe (WBH).

spoiledbyneil Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 9:08pm
post #9 of

italian meringue buttercream (IMBC) using the whimsical bakehouse recipe (WBH).....where can i find this? And what makes it different from other buttercream? thanks for the help!!!

candacethecook Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 5:20am

I am so used to eating regular buttercream, that when I tried the IMBC, I thought it tasted like pure whipped butter!  How important is it to add ALL that butter?  Seems like a lot!  Thanks, everyone.

Jess155 Posted 24 Nov 2012 , 3:28pm
Quote:
Originally Posted by candacethecook 

I am so used to eating regular buttercream, that when I tried the IMBC, I thought it tasted like pure whipped butter!  How important is it to add ALL that butter?  Seems like a lot!  Thanks, everyone.

I never add all the butter my recipe calls for.  I use 4 sticks intead of 6.  It still tastes buttery, but when you eat it with cake, it's great. 

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%