Another Fondant Question

Decorating By vie Updated 23 Apr 2007 , 12:26pm by vie

vie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vie Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 11:38am
post #1 of 5

Good morning everyone,

First of all, I am loosing my mind. I have agreed to make 4 cakes for Wednesday (for a cake walk) and I think I took too much on. icon_cry.gif The cakes, 1 3d teddy bear cake, 1 barbie cake, 1 caterpillar cake and 1 pillow cake with the high heel shoe. AHHHHHH.... I have done all the fondant pieces and gonna pipe the 3d bear today. My dumb question is.....

Can I decorate the barbie cake today or will it go bad before wednesday? The problem is I don't know if they will eat it that night or a day or two later. How long will the cakes be good for? or do I have to wait till tuesday night to do them..... icon_cry.gif

Vie

4 replies
springlakecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
springlakecake Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 11:45am
post #2 of 5

I dont think it will be bad before wednesday.

wan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wan Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 11:46am
post #3 of 5

No, if you are going to use buttercream. You can bake today all of them and frost them tomorrow and put them in the refri. Sorry for my english, need practice...

patton78 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patton78 Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 11:48am
post #4 of 5

Yes, the cake will be just fine, in fact, you could bake all the cake today and they would be fine. I do it a lot. The freezer is also a good idea if you are not "against" it. I actually prefer to freeze my cakes if I have the space. They come out more moist and are easier to torte and fill.

vie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vie Posted 23 Apr 2007 , 12:26pm
post #5 of 5

Thanks everyone..... I think i will be ok.... all the cakes are cooked and frozen.... just take them out and start to decorate.....

Thanks again everyone

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%