Ideas For Decorating Cookies?

Baking By crp7 Updated 2 May 2006 , 3:06pm by marmar

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 2 May 2006 , 4:36am
post #1 of 6

I have a request for some cookies for a Kindergarten graduation. The lady has a Mickey Mouse cookie cutter that is just the head and ears. She wants Mickey colors - red, white and black - and she like polka dots.

Does anyone have any ideas other than just random polka dots on the cookies? I would like to cover them with fondant and then decorate with fondant or Antonia's icing but I am open to suggestions.

Thanks,
Cindy

5 replies
coffeecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coffeecake Posted 2 May 2006 , 4:53am
post #2 of 6

Gosh that is a tough - I never realized Mickey could be so limiting! Good luck .

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 2 May 2006 , 4:55am
post #3 of 6

Thanks, I think random polka dots would be fine. I was just looking for any other ideas someone with a more creative mind than mine might have.

Cindy

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 2 May 2006 , 11:35am
post #4 of 6

The polka dots usually come from Minnie Mouse's hair bow and dress, doesn't it? Maybe you could do some plain Mickey cookies and do Minnie cookies with a fondant polka-dot hair bow. icon_confused.gif

That's a toughie!

kos

Katskakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katskakes Posted 2 May 2006 , 1:32pm
post #5 of 6

I bought that cookie cutter at the Disney store. I was having a hard time trying to figure out what to do too. I looked online for a picture of mickey maybe i can copy on to it. even if it's slightly smaller than the cookie i think it would work.

marmar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marmar Posted 2 May 2006 , 3:06pm
post #6 of 6

good idea Katskakes. How about some cookies with faces, few all black, a few all white and a few polka-dot - Sheesh! It's a tough one.

BTW and OT, I was looking at some pictures somewhere, and it looks like the Mickey Mouse head/ears are what you would use if you wanted to make Moulin-Rouge sexy bustiers icon_redface.gif -the "bajungas" would be pretty substantial, though. icon_eek.gif
Who knew Mickey could be so hot?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%