Camouflage Cake

Decorating By sgtx80 Updated 18 Oct 2004 , 1:10am by GHOST_USER_NAME

sgtx80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgtx80 Posted 7 Oct 2004 , 2:59pm
post #1 of 5

Anyone have any ideas on a cammie cake? I have thought of just using green fondant and then cuting brown and black fondant and gluing them to the green to the green. But, if anyone has any better ideas I am all for it. Don't have to have it done until next month.

Thanks! icon_cool.gif

4 replies
GHOST_USER_NAME Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 7 Oct 2004 , 5:28pm
post #2 of 5

Your on the right track... but.....

Instead of cutting out pieces and gluing them on (leaving a layered effect, which you don't want):

Get your different colors together and roll out small pieces (more than one of each color) individually leaving it thicker than you would want the final piece to be. Lay them together in a filled-in circle overlapping slightly. Now roll as one large piece. This will give you one large smooth even piece with your different colors. It's super easy and will give you the exact look you're wanting.

If it doesn't make sense let me know. I'm going to be doing this same effect with fall colors later today. I can take pictures as I go along. I'll check back here before I start.

sgtx80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgtx80 Posted 7 Oct 2004 , 6:04pm
post #3 of 5

No, that makes complete sense. That is what I will do. I had wondered about the layered effect. Thanks! icon_smile.gif

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 7 Oct 2004 , 7:08pm
post #4 of 5

Good deal! I checked back as I promised and glad to hear I actually explained it well... I'm not real good at that all the time! icon_confused.gif

Make sure you post the cake for us to ooh and aah over!! icon_wink.gif I know it will be great!!

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 18 Oct 2004 , 1:10am
post #5 of 5

Hi!! Have you made this cake yet? I've been kind of watching for it. I'm anxious to see it. icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%