Attention Newbies

Decorating By Janette Updated 3 Jun 2009 , 11:58am by anabelz01

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:26pm
post #31 of 39

Thats what I was doing PM the newbies when they dont have comments on!

TheButterWench Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheButterWench Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 3:33pm
post #32 of 39

I can't leave any comments to anyone, for some reason I get a "DEBUG" thing coming up every time I hit a stroke key.

So I just Pm people when I get a chance and let them know how pretty their contribution is.

I can leave comments from home but not from work.

go figure.

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:08pm
post #33 of 39

Actually it may not be an individual problem, but rather one of the site issues that were plagueing us for a while.

I posted a pic of my Wilton I class cake about 2 weeks ago, and immediately got 2-3 comments. When I checked the other day, the comments had disappeared. After looking at this thread, I checked my profile, and the option to allow comments was off - I did not turn it off.

Anyway, I did turn the comments back on - wouldn't have known to even look had I not seen this thread icon_smile.gif

HerBoudoir Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HerBoudoir Posted 13 Apr 2008 , 4:11pm
post #34 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeeb

I would also like to fill in a profile and put up my email address. Ican't find out how to do this. Please help.

sandeeb

On the left hand side of the webpage, look for the purple column labeled "My Account". Click on "My Forum Info" and there you go icon_smile.gif

xstitcher Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xstitcher Posted 15 Apr 2008 , 7:05am
post #35 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janette

I don't think they know. I did the same thing when I first got here. There are still tricks I've yet to learn.

Let's keep bumping so Newbies have a chance to see this and know we love the pic of their cakes.

I definitely did not know this! Good thing you guys bring this stuff up! When I post my class pics I'll definiteyl remember to do that!

Cheers!

letty822 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
letty822 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 1:53am
post #36 of 39

After you receive a nic e comment on your cake,how do you tell the sender thanks? I'd love if someone would tell me how! icon_smile.gif

dldbrou Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dldbrou Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 3:22am
post #37 of 39

just go back to view your pic and leave a responce under comments

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 4:45am
post #38 of 39

I was a member for over 2 years before I realized this option needed to be turned on... I just thought nobody had anything good to say about my work until then! lol

anabelz01 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anabelz01 Posted 3 Jun 2009 , 11:58am
post #39 of 39

Hi guys... along the same lines that you are discussing about the comments, have you ever uploaded a pic and it not appear on the homepage? I could swear this has happened to me twice, i know it takes a while for them to come up sometimes... but i am online for quite a while sometimes after and haven't seen them, just wondered if anyone else had had this trouble?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%