Ahhhh Need Tips Making My Fondant Black!!!!

Decorating By smediagirl Updated 28 Apr 2006 , 12:07pm by dsoutherngirl

smediagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smediagirl Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 2:54am
post #1 of 8

I have black die, and I even mixed it with brown. I put a little chocolate in it, but I didn't want to make it chocolate because It won't go with the flavors of the cake, at best I am getting a dark gray. OK any help would be great!!! Thanks.

7 replies
lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 3:00am
post #2 of 8

just step away and give the color time to darken up..............cover and take a break....ussually i make my black anything ahead of time because I let it rest over night and if its still too light i add more color the next day

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 5:05am
post #3 of 8

Color definitely does deepen with time. I also find that black powdered color works better than paste or liquid for me. It's kind of tricky to get it worked into the fondant, but with patience it will blend.

gilpnh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gilpnh Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 11:09am
post #4 of 8

I just made black fondant 2 days ago, used about 6-7 drops americolor and ot dark grey, let it sit overnight and it was BLACK the next mornng, your colors will almost always deepen no matter WHAT color you use.

Cake_Geek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Geek Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 11:30am
post #5 of 8

Americolor rocks for making black. I've given up being careful with the amount of color I add when trying to make black anything. I just squirt a fair amount in and get to kneeding. From my experience, wear gloves!

mjones17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mjones17 Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 11:43am
post #6 of 8

Well now that I see all of the problems you guys are having I think I might consider buying mine with my 50% off coupon today!!

smediagirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
smediagirl Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 11:55am
post #7 of 8

I did it last night and it is black this morning!!! I hope it doesn't taste bad. I will post pictures next week. Thanks

dsoutherngirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsoutherngirl Posted 28 Apr 2006 , 12:07pm
post #8 of 8

For the future, here's my tip..buy black satin ice. It's fabulous! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%