Abbey Paige

Decorating By randel Updated 17 Feb 2009 , 10:24pm by cylstrial

randel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randel Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 11:43am
post #1 of 9

I have had a number of requests for the instructions on how make this cake so I thought this might be the place to post them. (Its in the Baby Shower Gallery)

The Crib

Make an oval out of cardboard both the height and size of the crib. Make two of these. Roll flowerpaste out slightly longer and wrap around one. Now wrap the second cardboard oval around both of these so the flowerpaste is sandwiched between. Leave overnight to dry.

Roll out flowerpaste to the height of crib, make this fairly thick as this helps to give the material look. Emboss the paste. Ruffle the paste. Attach to the oval. Continue this until the oval is covered. Allow to dry.

The sheet & blanket of the crib

Roll out an oval cut in half, frill the edges. To give the appearance of a baby in the crib, dry the blanket over a small ball shape. Shape the head and put in the bed.

The canopy

This is the hardest part. Make a template out of cardboard both the height and shape required. Cover in plastic. Draw all the strings down when dry add the ruffle and ribbon.

8 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 12:33pm
post #2 of 9

Great idea and what a wonderful job you did...... not that I could do this and it look like that... but who knows maybe I can try.....

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 12:42pm
post #3 of 9

wow, I was wondering when I would find instructions for that cake, it's unbelievable............I can't imagine how your hands must have been shaking when you put that canopy on.........you made cardboard template covered in plastic , then piped on that and removed the cardboard is that correct??

sweetoccasions Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetoccasions Posted 29 Apr 2006 , 8:46pm
post #4 of 9

Thank you for posting the directions. This cake is a work of art. I'm new to decorating, so I bet it takes me a few decades to have the skill and technique to do this cake, but it's on my to do wish list.

randel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
randel Posted 30 Apr 2006 , 12:04pm
post #5 of 9

Yes KHalstead.. thats right. By the fourth one I was pretty tentative. Please don't be in awe too much sweetoccasions when you break things down it really is quite simple.

beany Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beany Posted 2 May 2006 , 6:01am
post #6 of 9

Wow, that's a beautiful cake Randel.
I can't believe I missed it before! Very nice. Thanks for sharing your instructions.

AmberCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AmberCakes Posted 2 May 2006 , 6:22am
post #7 of 9

Wow! Is all I can say. This cake is on my to do list also. LOL. I would probably leave out the canopy because that looks way to hard to do. I would hate to have it break on me. But, maybe one day. I am only doing buttercream cakes for now. Then, comes fondant. LOL. One day! (sighs). ~Josie icon_smile.gif

Lori17201 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lori17201 Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 9:12pm
post #8 of 9

Thanks, I had one hell of a time finding the directions, but I'm sure it's worth it. Love the cake!

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 17 Feb 2009 , 10:24pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for sharing!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%