Petit Fours And Candy Melts

Decorating By mami2sweeties Updated 11 Dec 2013 , 10:52am by jennifr1966

mami2sweeties Posted 26 Apr 2006 , 7:49pm
post #1 of 4

For those who use candy melts to coat petit fours. How many bags of candy melts do you buy to make these sweet treats?

I will be making them 1 1/2 inch by 1 1/2 in square shape. I was guessing maybe 3.

Do you add anything to the melted chocolate to kept it thin or just keep putting it back in the microwave?

I was wanting to try the candy melts since I have read such good reports about it.

3 replies
candyladyhelen Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 3:26pm
post #2 of 4

I never really know how many bags I will need. I always have alot on hand as I usually use them for so much. If they are a little thick, you can add oil to it. Just a little, & stir really good. Helen

JoAnnB Posted 27 Apr 2006 , 6:11pm
post #3 of 4

you can also add paramount crystals or solid shortening to thin the candy melts.

You can always re-use the left overs. You can pour it through a strainer to remove crumbs, then let it cool, wrap it well to use another time.

jennifr1966 Posted 11 Dec 2013 , 10:52am
post #4 of 4

I've recently had two different bakers (who have never even met) tell me that adding a tiny bit of oil will thin out the candies, as well. Many of us don't have shortening around, but we will typically have oil.

Quote by @%username% on %date%