Need Help With Pricing.

Decorating By caduchi Updated 25 Apr 2006 , 12:05pm by MikeRowesHunny

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 11:15am
post #1 of 4

hi all,

I have a bible cake to make for a FHC and i was wondering if any one have any ideas, as to the price.

the lady wants a plain yellow cake from scratch, and buttercream, with decorations.

This would be the big bible pan from Wilton.

Don't want to overcharge, this would be my first bible i charge for, so i have no clue.

Thanks all prices are welcome.

3 replies
MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 11:21am
post #2 of 4

OK, first off remember that we don't live in the US and even our basic ingredient prices are higher than over there - so in saying that, this pan serves around 25 - 30, and I wouldn't charge any less than E50, more if the decorations are going to include anything handmade (flowers etc). Never under value your time and work (it's what I'm always being told by the great ladies on this board!). Hope that helps!

caduchi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caduchi Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 11:50am
post #3 of 4

Thanks, well at least i have a guide line now.

by the way bonjovibabe were u at in the Netherlands?

MikeRowesHunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MikeRowesHunny Posted 25 Apr 2006 , 12:05pm
post #4 of 4

I live in The Hague, where are you? I should add that my customers are almost exclusively expats of some kind or another and realise that it takes time and money to produce unique, beautiful, great tasting cakes. Now, if you are Dutch I don't mean this to be offensive in any way, but I've found that the Dutch are far less likely, to pay the prices required for my hard work (in fact almost never, and if they do, they still complain about it!), at least that's what my experience is in this city anyway! My husband, who has lived here nearly 20 years, says there is a saying that the Dutch expect to be 'voor een dubbletje op de eerste rij'. Good luck with your cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%