I Am So Excited

Decorating By iluvcakes5 Updated 19 Apr 2007 , 2:00am by tiptop57

iluvcakes5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iluvcakes5 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:38pm
post #1 of 12

Today, I got my first order outside of "birthday" cakes. I am doing a grooms cake - yes i know that it is not the wedding cake, but I will get there some day - I hope. But, still, the people at the wedding - what a way to advertise.
I, even, ordered my first set of business cards. It may not be exciting to you, but to this newbie - it is great!!!! I just hope that I do well. It is nice knowing that if I need any help that I can always come on here and get it.
It is so nice to know that strangers, yet friends (you on CC) are here to catch me if I fall.

Thank you and wanted to share this with you because without CC and the wonderful friends on CC - I would not be here.

Thank you

11 replies
mudder Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mudder Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:42pm
post #2 of 12

Congrats! Any exposure will be great and you'll get the wedding cakes soon enough! Way to go!

awolf24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
awolf24 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:43pm
post #3 of 12

That is so exciting! Congratulations! Yes, an event like that will be great advertising for you.

I'm sure you'll do great. And yes, it is so reassuring that you have the very best resources right here on CC. I'm so happy for you!

Don't forget to post a picture of that grooms cake (and your other cakes too!).

SugarBakerz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarBakerz Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:45pm
post #4 of 12

Congrats... most people go for the grooms cake anyway because they are usually chocolate icon_smile.gif hehhehehehehe... good luck and always remember to mention your cakes wherever you go.. the market, the post office, the schools, the church.... the more you do the more you will get!

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:45pm
post #5 of 12

Welcome, I'm sure you are excited. I am excited for you. Make sure you post your cake. I'm sure you will get the business you want when you get your cake and cards out there.

justsweet Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
justsweet Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:55pm
post #6 of 12

good for you, look forward to seeing the final picture.

Hippiemama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hippiemama Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 1:19am
post #7 of 12

Congrats!

Dustbunny Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dustbunny Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 1:29am
post #8 of 12

Congrats!!!! thumbs_up.gif

Sugar_Plum_Fairy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugar_Plum_Fairy Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 1:34am
post #9 of 12

A big 'ol Congratulations!! Good luck. Hope it all goes the way you want it to go.

McMama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
McMama Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 1:40am
post #10 of 12

Congratulations and good luck!

Sceona Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sceona Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 1:42am
post #11 of 12

Congrats, I'll be following in your foot steps since I just got my first birthday cake order from a friend- she wants Elmo for her 2 yr old. What do they want as a grooms cake?

tiptop57 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiptop57 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:00am
post #12 of 12

Congratulations for you!!!!!!

iluvcakes5 wrote:

Quote:
Quote:

It may not be exciting to you, but to this newbie - it is great!!!!

Just want you to know, no matter how seasoned we may seem.....we all have certain mile posts that we all get really excited about. I have two group Art Show openings in one week with sugar and cake products which is very unsual in the art world! To the very seasoned wedding cake designer that might not be exciting and they might even wonder why, but to this artist it is very cool. I look forward to seeing your cakes posted and congrats on the first order besides birthday cakes and your business cards. icon_lol.gif Tell me what is your next mile post? Miy secret desire is to get published. icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%