Rosette Roses

Decorating By MARYMENCHES Updated 23 Apr 2006 , 1:42pm by rlm5150

MARYMENCHES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MARYMENCHES Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 9:42pm
post #1 of 4

I am not very good at making roses and I need to make a lot to use for around the border of a square and round cake. Would 2D tip rosettes look just as good as roses? Also, how do you make ribbon roses? Thanks for any help.

3 replies
dlp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlp Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 11:49pm
post #2 of 4

I can't help you.....but I'm bumping you up.......someone who knows the answer will eventually reply thumbs_up.gif ......it just depends on whose "online" icon_biggrin.gif ....Donna usaribbon.gifusaribbon.gif

mushbug9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mushbug9 Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 12:10am
post #3 of 4

I don't know if the rosettes will look better or not but to make a ribbon rose I do know. You take a length of fondant (about 1/2 to 1 inch wide and about 6 inches long) and you loosely rool it up starting tighter than you end. Then you use your fingers or a fondant tool of some sort to push open one side of the roll. It is actually pretty easy to do. I know there are others who have made toms of these who might be able to explain better, but I can tell you it is pretty east to do with fondant. Good Luck

rlm5150 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlm5150 Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 1:42pm
post #4 of 4

I have a chocolate cake in my pix that I used the 2d rossette tip for and it looks a lot like roses.)I actually got a comment that my roses looked nice) I think it would turn out good for you.
Best of luck
Tabby

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%