Cake Mix Extender Question..

Decorating By beez Updated 22 Apr 2006 , 9:29pm by dlp

beez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beez Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 4:27pm
post #1 of 8

On the CC Cake Mix Extender recipe, is the flour plain or self rising? This is my first time using it and I don't want to mess it up. Thanks!! thumbs_up.gif

7 replies
Winnie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Winnie Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 7:57pm
post #2 of 8

I asked the same question but did not get an answer....so I just guessed and used plain flour with the sour cream. I made cupcakes and they were great. It was my first experience and I will definately use it again. I have always just make pound cakes from scratch.

hamie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hamie Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 8

I have always used plain flour and have never had a problem.

cindy6250 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy6250 Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 8:23pm
post #4 of 8

It is all-purpose flour. NOT self rising. I have always used all purpose, some recipes call for cake flour and I use that sometimes too. Hope that helps.

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 9:00pm
post #5 of 8

it's all purpose flour

BellaDonna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BellaDonna Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 9:04pm
post #6 of 8

When I recently tried this recipe for the first time, I used "Lily White" All-Purpose flour. It's lighter than regular flour, but not as light as cake flour. It worked great. Cake was dense, but moist & delicious. Using the cake extender recipe is the only way I will ever make a cake again in the future.

cakefairy18 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakefairy18 Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 9:14pm
post #7 of 8

i use the extender for all my cakes too...i love it...i use all purpose

dlp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dlp Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 9:29pm
post #8 of 8

i just tried this with my mini Easter egg cakes.....i used all purpose flour.....and then when they were done i laid a heavy cutting board on them to "smush" them....i think i will always use the extender from now on! i was very happy with the taste and consistency.....Donna

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%