Why Would She Pick These Colors?!?!?!?!? Please Help! Need

Decorating By ShelBell Updated 19 Apr 2007 , 6:34am by Lady_bug768

ShelBell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelBell Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 8:54pm
post #1 of 25

So, I got an order for a bridal shower cake....all she requested is that it feed 60, be stacked and uses her colors! Her colors are HOT PINK and AQUA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I need help! Any ideas???

24 replies
wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 1:16am
post #2 of 25

Shes probably a lover of pink....I'd do the cake iced or fonant in pink and little aqua dots maybe.

(odd colors together I must say) lol

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 2:48am
post #3 of 25

I suggest that you contact the bride for the color swatches if you haven't already. There are plenty of shades of hot pink and aqua. Really bright colors are big for weddings right now, particularly orange and pink. I really think the cake could be really tasteful and pretty as long as you go with the proper shades. Let her lead the way as to what she wants.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 2:52am
post #4 of 25
Janette Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Janette Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 2:52am
post #5 of 25

They sound like great colors to me. I would take some frosting and try different colors and ask her which she likes.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 2:52am
post #6 of 25

Whoa I remember as a young teen when "pink and teal" were like the "in" colors.... guess they are coming back? icon_confused.gif

mqguffey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mqguffey Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 2:54am
post #7 of 25

Pink and brown, I love. Aqua and brown, I love. Pink and aqua reminds me of the Miami Vice days icon_smile.gif

I've got a wedding cake coming up where the colors are persimmon and lime. Yep, orange and lime green.

thecakemaven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaven Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 2:58am
post #8 of 25

I think it could be lovely! Pink and aqua are very hot colors right now. Get color swatches so that you can match the colors. Otherwise you could be way off on the colors.

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 3:01am
post #9 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgoat5

Shes probably a lover of pink....I'd do the cake iced or fonant in pink and little aqua dots maybe.

(odd colors together I must say) lol

yup, fondant would be the way to go. i agree on this style suggestion. you dont have to put equal amounts of each color. make onethe main color and then just use the other color for small accents. i cant stand the thought of this color combo either, but when i first saw red and turquoise together, i thought it was so gross...but then i made this

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=melysa&cat=0&pos=15

because the idea grew on me. notice i also used chocolate brown to cut the intensity just a bit. can you add in another color that would tone it down a little? you may be surprised what can end up looking good if "executed" well. keep it clean, keep it simple, because those colors in and of themselves, sure do say...i mean...SHOUT , alot! LOL- good luck

Aly24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aly24 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 3:04am
post #10 of 25

Hmmmm....this doesnt sound so bad. However, its one this to have a promenantly white cake with lovely colorful accents and a totally different thing to have a completely covered hot pink and blue cake SO my advice would be to get specifics from the bride to be!

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 3:08am
post #11 of 25

Oh darn. I just realized I posted a puny picture! Here's one you actually SEE! icon_smile.gif
http://img.cakecentral.com/modules/coppermine/albums/userpics/10223/Waves_ribbon_roses_and_daisie.jpg

anorris3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anorris3 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 3:17am
post #12 of 25

I think this could totally be done and look fabulous. I googled swatches in that color and there are some really nice ones, as well as cakes in that color.
LL
LL
LL
LL

melysa Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 3:25am
post #13 of 25

diane, that cake is SO pretty!

annoris3, oh my goodness, i love that bottom piece of fabric (turquoise with the hot pink - light pink/white floral pattern) !!!

SEE? it can be done!

suzmazza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzmazza Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 4:52am
post #14 of 25

I'm totally loving the pics that were posted in the thread above! The one fabric reminds me of the very popular vera bradley prints right now! I am just loving the color schemes. I really think that once you get going on this cake, you will be amazed at just how great it looks and that the colors will just pop. Just think, no one will be able to miss the wonderful wedding cake that you make!!!

hazelina82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hazelina82 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 5:05am
post #15 of 25

I'm loving that wallet. The colors do sound kind of difficult but I'd brainstorm and ask the bride for more input. Sounds like a great challenge. Good luck!

melysa Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 5:15am
post #16 of 25

come to think of it, the cake in my avatar was originally supposed to be turquoise (or icy blue) and hot pink. i was so stuck, so i ended up using pale pinks and adding brown. wish i would have seen that bottom piece of fabric a couple weeks ago!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:09am
post #17 of 25

btw Melysa I love the cake in your avatar!!! Beautful....What about her doing something like that in the aqua andpink...with white accents..aqua cake pink and white accents...wouldnt be too much at all...maybe some pink pearl fondant edging...

Luxe42 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luxe42 Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:16am
post #18 of 25

You could definately use this opportunity to have fun and be creative. You never know what you might come up with or envision. Since you would never think to use these colors, it gives you a chance to do something you've never done before.
Don't fret, see this as a positive and a positive cake should come out of it! thumbs_up.gif

idoweddingcookies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
idoweddingcookies Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:17am
post #19 of 25

My WMI showed me swatches of hot pink and aqua that she has to do a wedding cake for... It actually looked okay. She was worried about it to, but hey you do what the bride wants right!!
I definately agree with everyone, get some swatches since there are so many shades of those 2 colors.
Good Luck and post!! icon_biggrin.gif

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 6:40am
post #20 of 25

You might just have a new fav if done right. Don't get too involved with the colors just go with the design. It will turn out better than you think.
Have fun with this.

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 18 Apr 2007 , 11:43am
post #21 of 25

I love these colors together!

i have made a bow and shoe for an upcoming cupcake display and the colors i used were pink and aqua...

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=coppermine&file=displayimage&meta=allby&uname=sweet_as_tisse&cat=0&pos=41

the cupcakes and the top cake will be iced in white with just the pink and aqua decorations....

good luck with the design, i cant wait to see what you come up with...

cheers

kylie

Peachshortcake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Peachshortcake Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 2:57am
post #22 of 25

Those colours together bring up images of art deco and the florida keys. I can see a cake done in a base of one of those colours with really bold geometric accents in the other. Good luck

ShelBell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShelBell Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:40am
post #23 of 25

Thanks all for your advice and support on this one!!!! Those are some great ideas...gives me much to think about as far as design....I guess it won't be that bad....it gives me a chance to get creative! I'll be sure to post a pic after!!!! Thanks everyone!!!

Sweet_as_tisse I LOVE the colors on your shoe and bow! Could you please tell me what you used to make those colors??!?!?!?!

sweet_as_tisse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_as_tisse Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 3:49am
post #24 of 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShelBell

Sweet_as_tisse I LOVE the colors on your shoe and bow! Could you please tell me what you used to make those colors??!?!?!?!

Hi ShelBell

I'm pretty sure the pink was made using Raspberry, if you can't find that color i would try a candy pink. for the aqua i think it was Jade but i also have Teal so i could of used that..... any of these colors should give you what you need...

HTH

cheers

kylie

Lady_bug768 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lady_bug768 Posted 19 Apr 2007 , 6:34am
post #25 of 25

Great ideas for use of color. I can't wait to try some of these combos. icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%