Waffle Cones

Decorating By MustloveDogs Updated 22 Oct 2013 , 9:57am by comoutlook

MustloveDogs Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 5:00am
post #1 of 10

Hi,
I have been using waffle cones on the top of my turrets on a castle cake, and they are starting to unwind. I only opened the sealed packet yesterday and decorated the cake which was collected this morning and already they were opening up. This has happened once before when the cake was stored for a few days before the party, but I didn't think it would happen all the time.
Has this happened to anyone else? Is there any solution?

9 replies
pinkopossum Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 10:18am
post #2 of 10

yikes, sorry - I'm not much help. here's a *bump*

heavenlys Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 10:25am
post #3 of 10

It maybe caused by humidity. There is nothing that holds the seam of the waffle cone together. They are just rolled and dried like that. If they haven't broke maybe you can glue them together with royal icing. I always use sugar cones instead. They are molded with no seam. Hope that helps!

MustloveDogs Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 11:02am
post #4 of 10

I think you are right, it must be the humidity... The only problem is that the waffle cones are the right size around the base as I make my turrets of cake and they are larger in diameter than most icecream cones that I otherwise see.
Sorry for the dumb question Heavenlys, but what are sugar cones? Are they the normal sort of cone available or another wider/exotic type like the waffle cones are?
Does anyone know of other cones that have wide "mouths" like waffle cones do?

Doug Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 12:48pm
post #5 of 10

yes, sugar cones are the "normal" kind (that are made from who knows what)

I take it you leave the cones uncoverd?

have you considered icing them in royal frosting, both inside and out? that would both glue them and seal them against humidity. to get extra dry and hard, put in oven set at "warm"

heavenlys Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 11:11pm
post #6 of 10

Sorry it took me so long we have been swamped at the bakery. Sugar cones are in the same shape of waffle cone but aren't quite as wide though. Most grocery stores sell sugar cones this time of year. If you look in my photos I have a castle cake that I recently did and my tops are sugar cones. My towers were made out of rice krispie treats though.
As for the waffle cones I agree with doug in using royal icing to make sure they stay glued.

MustloveDogs Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 11:29pm
post #7 of 10

Thanks Doug and heavenlys,
I think you are both right. I might not be able to use sugarcones if the "mouth" is too small. I will royal ice some waffle cones and maybe cover in coloured sugar or glitter? and see how they stand up. I guess I could use chocolate too? or would that not be as strong as royal icing? I am just so disappointed as I had established my castle cake and suddenly this is happening to the cones, but I can't just do it one way part of the year and the other the "non humid" part of the year, I guess I will just have to sort out new look turrets. I also thought maybe I could do the whimsical look that some people do with fondant, but am a little worried about adding the weight to my cake turrets as I don't want sagging or cracking.. hmmm. I will have to play I think.

sukantha Posted 2 Oct 2013 , 3:34am
post #8 of 10

For a nice and looking for this product/service and I ran across this making waffle cones. I am unclear about the quality or the foundation of their offering. Has anyone have searched into this before? If you have any other choices you know are worth the time to view, please post them here. Cheers!

comoutlook Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 9:54am
post #9 of 10

Hey guys i am going yo introduce a great site of waffle cones where u can get the best waffle cones. This site provide all kinds of waffle cones. Every waffle cones you found here. I am also a waffle cones eater. I visit many site of cones. But i think this is the best site of waffle cones. Its really  enchant me. So if you really a waffle cone eater just visit http://mattcones.com/ here and u can get your own favorite cones.

You can also loose you are weight by eating waffle cones from this site. This site provide baking the premium code, using locally sourced and quality ingredients.

This waffle cones is for new generation.  Boost your profit with best cones.

comoutlook Posted 22 Oct 2013 , 9:57am
post #10 of 10

Hey guys i am going yo introduce a great site of waffle cones where u can get the best waffle cones. This site provide all kinds of waffle cones. Every waffle cones you found here. I am also a waffle cones eater. I visit many site of cones. But i think this is the best site of waffle cones. Its really  enchant me. So if you really a waffle cone eater just visit http://mattcones.com/ here and u can get your own favorite cones.

You can also loose you are weight by eating waffle cones from this site. This site provide baking the premium code, using locally sourced and quality ingredients.

This waffle cones is for new generation.  Boost your profit with best cones.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%