Need Info On Ny Giants For Baby Shower Please!

Decorating By melysa Updated 17 Apr 2007 , 9:05pm by melysa

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 6:59pm
post #1 of 6

hello! icon_biggrin.gif in a couple of days, i am making a large baby shower cake- they love the ny giants, so the surprise plan is to make a ny giants onsie shaped (like a team jersey). i need to know the best colors to use...i dont know much about football or this team. so , here is what i got so far, please tell me if this is accurate. the babies last name, then 01 (like he is a team player) and under that, NY GIANTS. i plan on using blue (navy?) fondant and white, red, white stripes on the sleeves as well as 01 on the shoulders. i thought of signing the babies "signature" at the bottom with a gently painted hand or footprint and his name "kid style". the little snaps at the bottom will be painted with silver dust.

now the couple knows alot about this team, so i dont want this to look dumb because i got the details wrong (yes i know typically the name goes on the back of a jersey, but for the sake of using decoration- i am placing it on the front.) . though i have 4 boys in my house, we dont seem to have any jerseys! please help me out with ideas or accuracy details, team details, anything you can think of. the husband knows about the surprise cake, and said that he doesnt want to put a real team player name and number because they like em' all- hence the 01 with babies' name. there will also be the tag at the collar saying something to the effect of vincent patrick edwards, may 2007, congratulations john and lucia! and fondant buttons scattered on the board. possibly a football shaped mini cake.

sound corney?

5 replies
ShaunaCann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunaCann Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 7:05pm
post #2 of 6

You should use a royal blue rather than a navy blue. Otherwise I think it sounds cute.

nadjahs9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadjahs9 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 7:07pm
post #3 of 6

Sounds like a fun idea!! For team information, you should check out the team website (www.giants.com). To get an idea of what the jerseys look like, check out the giants jerseys that can be purchased online at http://www.espnshop.com/catalog/itemsummary/supercat--NFL/league--NFL/team--Giants. At the least, you can enlarge one of these images to see what it looks like. Another good general reference is google images. You can type in any search and it will return image/picture matches that fit your criteria.

Hope that helps. GO GIANTS!! thumbs_up.gif

melysa Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 7:56pm
post #4 of 6

thank you -

ok, so royal blue, is that a brighter blue than navy?

i did actually google images before, but thats where i got so confused, as to colors and styles or the jerseys, there are so many! i dont know how to choose-

nadjahs9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nadjahs9 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 6

The Giants website will give you a good idea of the color. I see it more as a royal blue than navy, but perhaps a good color could be achieved by adding a little bit of navy to the royal (if you do this, just do it a little at a time!)

I know there are lots of styles of jerseys, so my suggestion would be to pick one from the espnshop website, and design your cake to match that. In real life, there are home jerseys, away jerseys, and sometimes they even get different jerseys for special games. Don't combine styles (for example, don't put the red sleeve stripes on the blue jersey); just stick with one of the pics you find. Good luck! I can't wait to see how it turns out!!

melysa Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 9:05pm
post #6 of 6

many thanks! i will post it this weekend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%