Cookies Were A Little Cruchy.

Baking By ShyannAutumn Updated 23 Apr 2006 , 5:10am by ShyannAutumn

ShyannAutumn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShyannAutumn Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 7:09pm
post #1 of 10

I just made some cookies for my SL on Sunday for her meeting on Wednesday. When I asked her how they turned out she said they raved about them but the cookies were a little hard. She said the frosting was perfect. icon_confused.gif I didn't get any complaints from the Easter cookies I made.
Second time I used the No-fail recipe. First time my husband and kids ate them so fast I didn't get a chance to let them sit to see what the long term would be. Will the cookie get harder? did I bake them too long?(they weren't burnt or had brown edges) maybe something I used too much of in the recipe?

I love Antonia's recipe. Husband said they tasted like animal crackers. Couldn't tell if those would turn out hard. Once again they were eaten before testing.

Cake-princess, hubbies favorite word "Duct tape". He told me the duct tape would work only if he was broke and needed fixing. I keep looking for the sale slip so I can return him because he is broke. icon_lol.gif

Thanks
Shyann

9 replies
Jenn123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenn123 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 10

The no-fail cookies are a little hard but they taste SOOOOOO good.

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 7:52pm
post #3 of 10

My NFSC are really soft. I took them out as soon as they started to turn brown around the edges. Totally cooked through and still soft. I did make them thicker than 1/4" as I'm not a fan of thin, crunchy cookies. Maybe that helped.

ShyannAutumn Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 8:08pm
post #4 of 10

That's what had me stumped. Mine were approx. 1/4 inch thick. maybe I baked them a little too long. I had them in the oven for appox 325 for about 10 min? then edges never turned brown.

They are wonderful tasting though.

manatee19 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manatee19 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 8:36pm
post #5 of 10

I only bake large cookies (over 4 in) at 325, all others are at 350 for about 8 minutes.

I have a touch test that they MUST pass before coming out....

Using your pointer touch the cookies (very lightly). You should feel a slight crunch, then their done. If you don't feel that crunch, their not done. This is what I do. And if you apply too much pressure, it's ok, you decorate them anyways. Mine always come out very moist and soft. I got many comments at Easter about how soft they were. They were expecting the hard sugar cookies, I hate those. lol.

I hope this helps,
Steph

pinkopossum Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinkopossum Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 8:59pm
post #6 of 10

the no-fails are a little crunchier than most recipes, but they are very yummy - also if you take them out just when the edges start to turn brown and leave them on the sheets, the heat still on the sheets will cook them a bit more - then just remove and frost as normal. hth

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 9:01pm
post #7 of 10

Hhhmm........maybe try a different baking sheet. I use a dark sheet and I've read on here that that can make a difference. I think I baked mine at 350 for almost twice as long as the recipe callecd for. I kept checking them every minute because I got so nervous about burning them!! Every oven is different, so just trial and error! Just think...you will have tons of cookies to munch on! icon_wink.gif

Michelle

ShyannAutumn Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:39am
post #8 of 10

Thanks Ladies,

Sorry it took a while to say thanks for your help. I will be baking more tomorrow so I will try it again. They are definetly yummy....that's why they don't last too long around my house. I guess I was expecting them to be softer like the ones from the store. Thank heaven their not or the stick wouldn't say in. icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Quote:

you will have tons of cookies to munch on

hehe Michelle that is what is so great about the cookies. The mistakes are mine.

TJSCAKES Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TJSCAKES Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:43am
post #9 of 10

I made some on wednesday, frosting them with Antonia's icing Thursday and gave them away today. I tried one and they were a little crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I baked them at 325 for about 10mins. They were just a tiny bit brown on the edges when I took them out. I think the frosting softened them a bit...They were delicious!!

ShyannAutumn Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 5:10am
post #10 of 10

good, I thought it was just mine. I love the recipe it was so easy to work with and they came out looking great. SL asked me today if I could make some more for her so I guess they were good enough for a second round.

Thanks ladies thumbs_up.gif

Shyann

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%