ShyannAutumn Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 7:09pm
post #1 of

I just made some cookies for my SL on Sunday for her meeting on Wednesday. When I asked her how they turned out she said they raved about them but the cookies were a little hard. She said the frosting was perfect. icon_confused.gif I didn't get any complaints from the Easter cookies I made.
Second time I used the No-fail recipe. First time my husband and kids ate them so fast I didn't get a chance to let them sit to see what the long term would be. Will the cookie get harder? did I bake them too long?(they weren't burnt or had brown edges) maybe something I used too much of in the recipe?

I love Antonia's recipe. Husband said they tasted like animal crackers. Couldn't tell if those would turn out hard. Once again they were eaten before testing.

Cake-princess, hubbies favorite word "Duct tape". He told me the duct tape would work only if he was broke and needed fixing. I keep looking for the sale slip so I can return him because he is broke. icon_lol.gif

Thanks
Shyann

9 replies
Jenn123 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 7:19pm
post #2 of

The no-fail cookies are a little hard but they taste SOOOOOO good.

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 7:52pm
post #3 of

My NFSC are really soft. I took them out as soon as they started to turn brown around the edges. Totally cooked through and still soft. I did make them thicker than 1/4" as I'm not a fan of thin, crunchy cookies. Maybe that helped.

ShyannAutumn Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 8:08pm
post #4 of

That's what had me stumped. Mine were approx. 1/4 inch thick. maybe I baked them a little too long. I had them in the oven for appox 325 for about 10 min? then edges never turned brown.

They are wonderful tasting though.

manatee19 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 8:36pm
post #5 of

I only bake large cookies (over 4 in) at 325, all others are at 350 for about 8 minutes.

I have a touch test that they MUST pass before coming out....

Using your pointer touch the cookies (very lightly). You should feel a slight crunch, then their done. If you don't feel that crunch, their not done. This is what I do. And if you apply too much pressure, it's ok, you decorate them anyways. Mine always come out very moist and soft. I got many comments at Easter about how soft they were. They were expecting the hard sugar cookies, I hate those. lol.

I hope this helps,
Steph

pinkopossum Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 8:59pm
post #6 of

the no-fails are a little crunchier than most recipes, but they are very yummy - also if you take them out just when the edges start to turn brown and leave them on the sheets, the heat still on the sheets will cook them a bit more - then just remove and frost as normal. hth

MichelleM77 Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 9:01pm
post #7 of

Hhhmm........maybe try a different baking sheet. I use a dark sheet and I've read on here that that can make a difference. I think I baked mine at 350 for almost twice as long as the recipe callecd for. I kept checking them every minute because I got so nervous about burning them!! Every oven is different, so just trial and error! Just think...you will have tons of cookies to munch on! icon_wink.gif

Michelle

ShyannAutumn Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:39am
post #8 of

Thanks Ladies,

Sorry it took a while to say thanks for your help. I will be baking more tomorrow so I will try it again. They are definetly yummy....that's why they don't last too long around my house. I guess I was expecting them to be softer like the ones from the store. Thank heaven their not or the stick wouldn't say in. icon_lol.gif

Quote:
Quote:

you will have tons of cookies to munch on

hehe Michelle that is what is so great about the cookies. The mistakes are mine.

TJSCAKES Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 4:43am
post #9 of

I made some on wednesday, frosting them with Antonia's icing Thursday and gave them away today. I tried one and they were a little crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. I baked them at 325 for about 10mins. They were just a tiny bit brown on the edges when I took them out. I think the frosting softened them a bit...They were delicious!!

ShyannAutumn Posted 23 Apr 2006 , 5:10am

good, I thought it was just mine. I love the recipe it was so easy to work with and they came out looking great. SL asked me today if I could make some more for her so I guess they were good enough for a second round.

Thanks ladies thumbs_up.gif

Shyann

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%