Need More Cake

Decorating By caixa Updated 22 Apr 2006 , 3:45am by emilykakes

caixa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caixa Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 10

Hello:
I'm making the train cake in a couple of weeks for my son's 3rd birthday (it will be Thomas off course), but that is no enough cake for everyone and I don't want to make a super long train, only about 3 or 4 carts at the most I want to have another cake but I think it will look stupid to have another cake next to the train. What do you think? how to incorporate the xtra cake in to the theme and how to decorate it. Thanks for any ideas. Caixa

9 replies
tanyap Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tanyap Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 4:37pm
post #2 of 10

you could make a sheet cake and have the train on top of it....

Or if you want to get a little fancy, carve out a little path and place train tracks (with black/brown icing) on the sheet cake and have the train "climbing" up a slope. I hope that makes sense.

ConnieB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConnieB Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 4:38pm
post #3 of 10

I think I would make some cupcakes and maybe use some sort of thomas toppers! Just a thought! usaribbon.gif

HTH
Connie

FunCakesVT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FunCakesVT Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 4:38pm
post #4 of 10

Three thoughts - depending on how much more cake you need -

Could you just do cupcakes or minicupcakes using the colors with or without decorations on the frosting?

Do a sheet cake with a simple scene and tracks and set the train on it?

Do a mountain or a station cake for the background?

oohlalacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oohlalacakes Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 4:41pm
post #5 of 10

I would put the train on top of a sheet cake. You could just decorate the sheet cake to look like grass or something with a railroad track. Or, you could just do a bunch of cupcakes in pretty colors to match the train. Good luck, can't wait to see it.

usaribbon.gif Samantha

oohlalacakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oohlalacakes Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 4:41pm
post #6 of 10

haha, i type too slow!

BayouGatorFan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BayouGatorFan Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 4:44pm
post #7 of 10

You type slow, ohlala? I've tried to reply to this thread 3 times and kept getting "DEBUG" errors until I snapped that I wasn't LOGGED IN! Anyhoo, for CAIXA, I think that putting the train on top of a larger sheet cake will definately do the trick. You'll probably have more than enough. I was also thinking that minicupcakes iced to look like smoke billowing out of the stack would look cute also.

mendhigurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mendhigurl Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 3:33am
post #8 of 10

I like the cupcake idea, you could write one letter on each cc, for Happy 3rd Birthday ....! and put them around the cake, and then you don't have to write on the board. That will give you atleast 15 more servings plus your son's name.

4cardsfanz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4cardsfanz Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 3:40am
post #9 of 10

Cupcakes are good for little guys! I did Thomas for my 3 year old and did cupcakes with both my boys cakes. They went faster than the cake. I think it was because the kids did not have to wait for the cake to be cut!!! Decorate them to go with the theme.
Love to see the cake when you are done. Good luck! icon_smile.gif

emilykakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emilykakes Posted 22 Apr 2006 , 3:45am
post #10 of 10

If I rember correctly Thomas has a simple looking face. Maybe you could put his face on the cupcakes?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%