What Flavors Do You Offer To Your Clients?

Business By nefgaby Updated 18 Aug 2007 , 11:56pm by OhMyGoodies

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 2:32am
post #61 of 98

Sugarbean, Your Pina Colada sounds yummy what flavor frosting do you use on that one?

ladysonja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ladysonja Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 1:18pm
post #62 of 98

Just wondering... Has anyone tried mixing a Chocolate/Orange Cake mix? I have a recipe that I got off the CC site that includes adding a pudding mix to the recipe.

I love chocolate/orange flavoring, but wondered if it tasted good in a cake?

I would try it myself, but that is too much cake to force on my warehouse guys if it isn't any good!

They love being my sweet toothed judges, but they have limites too - icon_confused.gif

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 1:39pm
post #63 of 98

I make a chocolate cake with orange filling, it is SOOO good. I've never tried to put the orange in the mix tho...maybe I'll try that one time icon_biggrin.gif

licia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
licia Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 2:19pm
post #64 of 98

Wow these are great ideas.

Here are some I like
white velvet with white chocolate buttercream
pineapple with 7 minute frosting with pineapple filling
french vanilla cake with mocha buttercream
strawberry cake with 7 minute frosting with strawberry filling

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 3:19pm
post #65 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugarbean

Here's mine. Too lazy to type them out icon_wink.gif

http://sugarbeancakes.com/cakemenu.php

I LOVE the Chai one...I think I may be adding that after I give it a try!! icon_smile.gif

Wow, love your site, great cakes!!! I didn´t know you and Micheline were together with Sugar Bean (I´ve always loved the colors you used on your logo!!!) Anyway, thanks for sharing your list, I really appreciate it! thumbs_up.gif
I´m also curious about your Piña Colada cake... sounds yummy!

Sugarbean Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sugarbean Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 4:01pm
post #66 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Quote:

I LOVE the Chai one...I think I may be adding that after I give it a try!! icon_smile.gif

Wow, love your site, great cakes!!! I didn´t know you and Micheline were together with Sugar Bean (I´ve always loved the colors you used on your logo!!!) Anyway, thanks for sharing your list, I really appreciate it! thumbs_up.gif
I´m also curious about your Piña Colada cake... sounds yummy!

Yep She's my newest addition icon_wink.gif. I own Sugar Bean Cakes, and she works with me!!

Thanks for the complements!! icon_smile.gif

nefgaby Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 7:50pm
post #67 of 98

Wow, how cool!! I wish I had a friend like you... icon_rolleyes.gif

crumbscakeartistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crumbscakeartistry Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 9:49pm
post #68 of 98

Flavors

Here are just some ideas to get you started. Use your imagination. The possibilities are endless

almond amaretto cream

baileys butterscotch
black forest
butterscotch walnut

champagne
cherry and almond
chocolate
chocolate cherry
chocolate chip
chocolate espresso
chocolate mint
chocolate orange
chocolate raspberry

devils food
dulce de leche

grasshopper (like the drink)

iced tea

margarita
mudslide
orange and ginger
peaches and cream
peanut butter cup
pear spice
pineapple coconut
pumpkin and cinnamon
red velvet
smores
strawberry
tiramisu
white

white almond
white chocolate
yellow

Other flavors available by special order.

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 10:02pm
post #69 of 98

My customers have no imagination. White, Chocolate, are the most asked for flavors, when a customer asks for a different flavor I will always do it for them. But that is once in a Blue Moon.

ccwkg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ccwkg Posted 22 Apr 2007 , 10:54pm
post #70 of 98

crumbscakeartistry you can send a grasshopper and a mudslide cake my way any time. I use to bartend and they were my fav!! Sounds yummy, would you be willing to share the recipe?

isabelianico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabelianico Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 4:33am
post #71 of 98

It's so fun to see everyone's varieties. It all sounds delicious! Hopefully someday I will be able to make all of these icon_smile.gif

Sunflowerbagel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sunflowerbagel Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 12:27pm
post #72 of 98

I love all these fun flavors I'm seeing.

I got the GREATEST key lime cake recipe from someone in a forum here in early 2006 (from a mix). It ended up being one of my biggest sellers last year. So, key lime is definitely a flavor I offer that people REALLY dig icon_biggrin.gif

rbatia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rbatia Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 5:19pm
post #73 of 98

i m new to all this cake mix ideas but they sound all very good i will try to make some instead of making a cake from scratch

peacockplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peacockplace Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 12:12pm
post #74 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by mizshelli

Filling:
Orange Cream
Lemon Cream
Cherry Cream
Chocolate Mousse
Vanilla Cream
Raspberry Cream
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mousse
Coffee Cream
Strawberry Cream
Chocolate Strawberry Cream

So far my #1 seller has been the Yellow Butter Cake with Raspberry Cream filling. Some people put chocolate buttercream or chocolate cream cheese on it. I prefer the lemon buttercream on it.

Just wondering what your "cream fillings" are. Sounds yummy. How do you make the raspberry cream? I'm drooling right now!

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 12:23pm
post #75 of 98

I have been trying new things with my daughters friends at church. Using a white mix, instead of the water, I add soda. So far they like cream soda cake the best, Dr. Pepper is a close second.

Sunflowerbagel Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 12:25pm
post #76 of 98

Wow! Dr. Pepper Cake? icon_confused.gif Crazy!! I never would have thought. We love DP around here. We may have to try that out. What does it taste like?

Sunflowerbagel Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 12:38pm
post #77 of 98

I've received quite a few PMs about the key lime cake, so I thought I'd post it. I hadn't realized how many versions were in the forum. The one I use is from the CC member, "wifey". I don't use the nuts or rum flavoring, but it's still yummy. I think it's the pineapple juice -- that just tastes so different from the OJ recipes.

---------------

1 box of Duncan Hines Lemon Supreme Cake Mix
1 - 3 oz. pkg. Lime Jello
3/4 C pineapple juice
5 eggs
1-1/3 C Oil
1 tsp. rum flavoring

Prepare 2 - nine inch cake pans. In a large mixing bowl, stir together cake mix and jello. Beat in pineapple juice, then eggs, one at a time, beating to incorporate after each one. Beat in the oil and rum flavoring. Divide cake batter into 2 pans and bake 25-35 minutes or until done.

Cream Cheese Frosting
1/2 stick of butter
1/4 c. Crisco
1 tsp vanilla
1 - 16 oz. box of confectioners sugar
1-8 oz. cream cheese
1/2 c. nuts or 2 T grated lime zest.

In mixer cream together cream cheese, butter and crisco in a large mixing bowl. Beat in vanilla, Gradually beat in powdered sugar. Beat in zest and add nuts.

GrannieJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GrannieJ Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 12:48pm
post #78 of 98

Wow! Dr. Pepper Cake? Crazy!! I never would have thought. We love DP around here. We may have to try that out. What does it taste like?

I am not a fan of Dr. Pepper, so I didn't think I would like it, but it was good. Didn't taste alot like the soda, but just enough that you go...hmm, what kind of cake is this?

nefgaby Posted 28 Apr 2007 , 4:57pm
post #79 of 98

Thanks Sunflowerbagel, I was about to PM you when I saw your last post!! Thank You for sharing!!
I'm also curious about the creams as peacock said.... Thanks agian everybody!

dulcero Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dulcero Posted 18 May 2007 , 4:55am
post #80 of 98

Guys, thanks for all the wonderful and delicious ideas! You have no idea how you've helped me! Thanks again icon_smile.gif

Sunflowerbagel Posted 18 May 2007 , 12:08pm
post #81 of 98

Oh my goodness... I invited 6 gals over yesterday to taste some of the new recipes I've found through the forum (or versions of them), and answer written questions. I had 6 cakes and 3 truffles. They were all mystery flavors to them because I wanted to know what they would call them, what they tasted, etc. I threw in that Dr. Pepper cake (using generic Dr. Thunder). They LOVED it!!! Three people wanted to order cakes! What?!?! I was so shocked. According to their forms that no one else saw, 5 out of 6 absolutely thought it was fantastic. One thought it tasted like a "good white cake mix cake" (as did I), but still really liked it.

So, thanks for telling me about that cake. The funniest answer for "If you were to find this on a menu, what would the name be?" was "World's Perfect White Cake"! Who knew the box mix with generic DP would bring such rave reviews? icon_lol.gif

sweetlybaked Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetlybaked Posted 18 May 2007 , 2:21pm
post #82 of 98

Sunflowerbagel...that is SUCH a good idea! I've been looking for a way to try out different flavors of cakes and getting people to tell me their opinion on them. That is terrific! Thank you for that idea..and EVERYONE else for their wonderful flavor ideas!

tirby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tirby Posted 19 May 2007 , 6:34pm
post #83 of 98

I have just been telling people if you can think of it give me time I'll make it. So far it really has been just:
french vanilla
white
chocolate
chocolate chocolate chip
And filling is usually just
plain BC
whipped vanilla
whipped strawberry
whipped raspberry
whipped chocolate
OH I do offer whipped huckleberry which are not cheep. We actually pick the ourselves. Or you can purchase them for $40 or $50 per gallon!!
Some GREAT IDEAS HERE!! keep it comming

littlebits Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlebits Posted 20 May 2007 , 10:41pm
post #84 of 98

wow - now I am totally overwhelmed with ideas! I guess I need to get to baking!!

I did just try out the french vanilla box mix and subbed caramel hazelnut coffee creamer for the water. I read about that on another thread here somewhere. It is sooo yummy!

Thanks for sharing everyone!!

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 25 May 2007 , 4:22am
post #85 of 98

just wondering if the customers ever get overwhelmed by all the choices?

if i had that many i think it would take each one an hour to make up thier mind....

ribbitfroggie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ribbitfroggie Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:18am
post #86 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

if i had that many i think it would take each one an hour to make up thier mind....

LOL, I sometimes here that they spent more time picking out flavors for a Bday cake then they did on their own wedding cake, but I love to try new recipes!

Here is a link to all of my flavors, fillings, etc.

http://www.customcraftcreations.com/cakeTypes.html

but I always tell everyone that if they can think it I can make it....as a matter of fact, I just made a strawberry crunch cake with an actual cheesecake as the filling for my BF graduation. It was a huge hit, and already have a bunch more orders!

indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 26 May 2007 , 2:34am
post #87 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlecake

More true than you think. In my non-cake side of life, I've spent a number of years in sales, and the rule of thumb is to give them a choice between 2 things. I adapt this to cakes as:

"Do you prefer cake-on-cake or pillars?" (assume they say pillars)
"Do you want pillars between all tiers or just the top two?"
"Do you prefer a traditional flavor (white, choc) or a non-traditional flavor?" (assume they go with non-traditional)
"Are you thinking a citrus or fruit flavor (lemon, orange, strawberry) or more in the mocha or cheesecake family?"

Take each question and lead it to the next one. The simplistic explanation is "process of elimination".

If I walked into a client's office and handed them a list of our product, I never would have been productive, never would have gotten the sales I did. They key is to work the questions to find out what they need/want, then direct them down the path to the things you offer that satisfy that need/want.

It's a great service to be able to offer such a wide variety .... just be the sales pro and find out what they are looking for then tell them what they need.

littlecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
littlecake Posted 26 May 2007 , 12:42pm
post #88 of 98

i am reading a book called "the paradox of choice"

it's an interesting read.....one of the main concepts is...too many choices can frustrate the customer....causing them sometimes to make no choice....for fear of making the wrong one.

when i started out i kinda wanted to do lots and lots of flavors, but after i got so busy, time constrants just wouldn't let me....

tirby Posted 29 May 2007 , 1:32pm
post #89 of 98
Quote:

OK Any way I could squeese a recipe or two out of you. And I love your web site!
All mine are so basic... I would love to branch out a little. so just throw me something simple and tasty!!

tirby Posted 29 May 2007 , 9:01pm
post #90 of 98
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomoore

I'm proud to say that I just did my first tasting with a couple over the weekend and it went WONDERFULLY!!! I was so happy to say I offer:

Cake: Yellow. Lemon, WASC, Chocolate, Red Velvet, Coconut

Fillings: Raspberry Mousse, Chocolate Mousse, Cookies & Cream, Cheesecake,Lemon, Apricot, Strawberry, Strawberry Mousse, Pineapple, Coconut Mango

Icings: IMBC, American BC, Lemon BC, Cream Cheese BC.

Part of why I was so happy is because the fiance (man) was adamant about me not making their cake since I'm fairly new to this...about 6 months now. (The bride is my cousin)I let them go out on about 4 tastings and-disappointed by them all-they came back to me. So, I felt like I'd better come across strong. The fiance is the one that kept finding fault with all the bakeries. He loved everything and I think I reallty impressed him. I was so thrilled (and tired...I made some of everything for the tasting). Before Friday night (the tasting was Sunday) I didn't know what the heck I "offered"
icon_smile.gif (I know I went on a tangent, but I was so happy about this. Thanks for reading)

I can't wait to try the Strawberry cake with the juice!!!

could you share the cookies and cream filling recipe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%