Joint Party Cake

Decorating By CakeBakingGurl Updated 21 Apr 2006 , 1:13am by cadensmom

CakeBakingGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBakingGurl Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 1:57pm
post #1 of 8

I have to do a cake for a party celebrating my cousins 18th birthday and also her graduation? Any Idea's I want it to be really special. she is a cheerleader! if that helps

7 replies
Florimbio Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Florimbio Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 5:54pm
post #2 of 8

You could do a 3-D birthday present with a grad or a cheerleader popping out of it...

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 5:59pm
post #3 of 8

what about a really festive two tier birthday cake with a graduation cap on the top??? Or do two stacked present cakes...or maybe you could figure out how to make one of the open present box cakes with the tissue paper....with a graduation hat or diploma sticking out slightly??

Zmama Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zmama Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 8

Graduating into adulthood?

Happy Birthday, Graduate

Graduation cap with a pompon next to it?

I would make sure to use her school colors. I turned 18 two weeks after graduation, and we had two pictures on the cake - one from when I started school, and one of my senior pictures.

How often do you get a diploma for a bday present? Trading in books and football games for laundry and bills - even more reason to help her prepare for life after high school. icon_smile.gif

gmcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gmcakes Posted 20 Apr 2006 , 8:16pm
post #5 of 8

I like the idea of the two tier cake. You could decorate one tier with birthday presents, balloons, etc. Then decorate the second tier as a graduation theme with cap and diploma.

You might also consider a "book" cake. It could be themed to reflect her birthday/graduation as the start of a new chapter in her life!

Crimsicle Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Crimsicle Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 12:52am
post #6 of 8

Good gracious! You can tell I was a young adult in the sixties. At first glance, I thought this was about a different kind of "joint" and that people were certainly getting bold about it! icon_smile.gif I can kinda understand them wanting a cake, if that was the case....

CakeBakingGurl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeBakingGurl Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 1:02am
post #7 of 8

lol well it is 4/20 HAHAHA Just kidding! thank you for all the idea's I will keep them in mind and I will post cake when it is done!

cadensmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cadensmom Posted 21 Apr 2006 , 1:13am
post #8 of 8

It's okay Crimsicle. I graduated in 1998 and that's the first thing I thought of too!

Lots of good ideas. My niece will be graduating next year and will also be turning 18 around that time. I'll have to keep these in mind.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%