School Shooting At Virginia Tech College!

Lounge By LaSombra Updated 17 Apr 2007 , 5:14am by SScakes

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:06pm
post #1 of 16

wow, if you haven't heard the news yet, turn on the tv. It's on CNN at least but probably on all of them.

also: http://www.cnn.com/

Let's pray for these kids and their families...

icon_sad.gif

15 replies
laly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
laly Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:13pm
post #2 of 16

icon_eek.gif OMG!! icon_eek.gif
Thanks for letting us know.
What a sad way to start a new week! Our prayers for all those parents and families that lost their loves one today.

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:18pm
post #3 of 16

OMG not again!! When is this stuff going to stop>???? Well I guess we all know the answer to that one!

Definately in my prayers

Christi

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:31pm
post #4 of 16

OMG- that is horrible.
May the nation be with them in this time of need, and may all families involved be able to heal from this, including the shooter's families.

GeminiRJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 5:54pm
post #5 of 16

I can only imagine the horror and pain those parents are going thru right now. We just had a death in our family, and it's been very difficult. I shudder to think of what it would be like to lose a child. Do you ever recover, I wonder?

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 6:00pm
post #6 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeminiRJ

I can only imagine the horror and pain those parents are going thru right now. We just had a death in our family, and it's been very difficult. I shudder to think of what it would be like to lose a child. Do you ever recover, I wonder?

I don't think I would ever recover...just the thought of that happening to my boys...just terrible.

I was talking to my grandma the other day and she was telling me about her brother Gordy who died when she was 3. He was 5 and playing outside like any other kid then came in and said he was tired so went to bed. A couple days later, he was dead of Measels (this was back in 1921). Grandma told me that even when her mom was old and in her 90s, she cried about Gordy. No, I don't think it would be something you'd ever recover from...

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 10:23pm
post #7 of 16

Imagine this ten years ago before cell phones. The phone lines would be jammed with people trying to get through to see how their kids are. Now, hopefully each and every student has called home to say that they are OK. I pray for those who haven't heard from their kids yet (and who never will.)

Aliwis000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Aliwis000 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 12:08am
post #8 of 16

32 not including the gunman who took his own life.

How very sad. My prayers are with the students and their families.

~Alicia

Parable Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Parable Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 1:21am
post #9 of 16

We all need to say a little prayer for all the families. They need to know we are there to support them. Keep this going!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 2:04am
post #10 of 16

I have cried & prayed a lot today. This is horrible. This is a cruel, cruel world we live in. I know everyone wants answers but the news people are making me angry! The people from that college are grieving & on top of that are being bombarded by the news people. The news people have totally tried turning everything that the police & the pres of the college said around on them. It's very sad. You can see it in their eyes that they are hurting. My heart goes out to them. There is nothing they could have done to stop this madman. My prayers go out to VA Tech~

lovincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovincake Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 2:46am
post #11 of 16

Hey,
I didn't know about the shooting until my dh turned on the 5pm news and i actually felt sick to my stomach. Now i just feel whipped. I hate to think of myself as a pessamist, but at times like these, Lord, I just can't see an end to it. I think of those precious lives and the lives of the ones left behind that will never be the same. And what is worse, the one question that will never be answered...WHY???? Pray, that's all we can do, just pray. Linda

Kellie1583 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kellie1583 Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 2:48am
post #12 of 16

It's in my backyard and I can't believe it...it always happens some where else. I thank God that all of my friends and family there are safe, but some of their friends are not... It's so surreal. I keep hearing our town on the news but it's still not real...

lovincake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lovincake Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 2:58am
post #13 of 16

Oh Kellie, I am so sorry. Just know that we are all thinking of you-all and we will pray! God be with you-all. Linda

cakemomne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemomne Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 3:09am
post #14 of 16

I agree with TC I've had to turn the news off b/c the reporter behavior is so awful: those in charge were and are doing the best job they can

Kellie I cannot imagine what it must be like to be there, we will continue to pray for the school and your community.

tobycat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tobycat Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 3:10am
post #15 of 16

This is so awful. I'm a high school teacher, and every time something like this happens, I'm just sick. It can happen anywhere, any time. I pray for all those people and their families, and I pray that we don't have any copycats in the next couple of months.

SScakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SScakes Posted 17 Apr 2007 , 5:14am
post #16 of 16

So sorry to hear about this. To all of those affected, my thoughts and prayers are with you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%