Help! Can't Decide..

Decorating By clsilvus Updated 16 Apr 2007 , 12:46am by wgoat5

clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 7:51pm
post #1 of 11

I'm going to make a chocolate version of wasc and fill it with whipped ganache (does that sound good?) and for the frosting was thinking...bc dream, white chocolate bc (too much chocolate? too heavy?) or whipped cream frosting. I think the whipped cream frosting sounds best, what do you think? What do you think about the whole combo?

10 replies
clsilvus Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
clsilvus Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:47pm
post #2 of 11

Somebody? Anybody? I've never made a chocolate cake and don't know what I'm doing. I could really use some help.

kjt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kjt Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:53pm
post #3 of 11

I think whipped cream frosting sounds better than bc for this cake-just a little lighter. My .02 worth, maybe you'll get a few more opinions...icon_wink.gif
HTH

JoanneK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JoanneK Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:55pm
post #4 of 11

I don't think you can EVER have to much chocolate but I do love whipped cream on chocolate cake also.

polliwawg Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
polliwawg Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:56pm
post #5 of 11

I make a scratch chocolate cake and have done it several ways, people really like it with buttercream and then ganache poured over top. The also really like it with whipped icing. The ganache cake is VERY rich, and the whipped icing one is not so sweet, so i guess it just depends on taste.

hillmn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
hillmn Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:57pm
post #6 of 11

This is a pretty dense cake. I think the whipped frosting and a mousse filling would be good. I made the WASC cake once with a raspberry mouse and the regular butter cream. A light frosting and mouse like filling would be yummy, yummy. Either way, everyone loves this cake, so no matter what you put with it, it will be great.

ikbush Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ikbush Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 8:58pm
post #7 of 11

Yes, whipped cream is better. I make chocolate cakes with whipped cream frosting. They come out delicious.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 9:01pm
post #8 of 11

The whipped cream frosting is wonderful but requires refrigeration, so your whipped ganache will be chilled which will make it a bit firmer.

I've not made the w/c buttercream yet - but I don't think it would be too rich. (Heck, I don't think a ganache frosted and filled chocolate cake is too rich!)

FYI, you can also make a white chocolate version of the WASC:

http://tinyurl.com/2cu8s4

HTH

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 10:27pm
post #9 of 11

I would go with whipped cream frosting...YUM-O!

melysa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
melysa Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 10:38pm
post #10 of 11

http://forum.cakecentral.com/cake_recipe-901-Whipped-Cream-Frosting.html

this is a very delicious and simple whipped cream and cream cheese frosting. are you going to do whipped milk chocolate or dark chocolate ganache? personally i like when the ganache cakes are chilled, it stays stable and is like eating a truffle. yum!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 12:46am
post #11 of 11

I love whipped ganache as a filling and a icing..YUMMO

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%