Wedding Pies...... A New Topic!!!

Decorating By tcturtleshell Updated 30 Apr 2005 , 1:41am by tcturtleshell

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 1:20am
post #1 of 27

Hey Everyone,

I just got another order for a wedding. icon_smile.gif The bride doesn't like wedding cake so she wants a wedding pie! 3 to be exact!! She wants the top tier to be a wedding cake decorated in western cowboy.gif theme then the 3 other tiers to be cherry, apple, & peach pies!!!! icon_biggrin.gif I've never seen a wedding pie but it sure sounds like something fun to make!!!!! thumbs_up.gif . I make pies for holidays & during the winter for special people. So I'm gonna have fun doing this one~ The wedding is in July so I have enough time to get myself together for this one. If anyone has any pics or websites for me to take a look at please post them. This is going to be so much fun!!!!

Anyone ever heard of this?

~Thanks~ birthday.gif

26 replies
cakes-r-us Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakes-r-us Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 1:37am
post #2 of 27

Ohhhh sounds like fun. Foodtv.com featured a couple that had wedding pies, maybe u can do a search there. Good luck.

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 1:40am
post #3 of 27

Oh, thanks! I'll take a look~ I was beginning to think noone was on CC tonight!

dragonwarlord1969 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dragonwarlord1969 Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 1:48am
post #4 of 27

Hi Tina,

There's a pie company by me that does wedding pies. Here's a link I found:

http://www.achatzpies.com/weddings.php?osCsid=5e0fa3f5354d5c366f8c62b88b280439

They make the best pies.

Joe

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 1:53am
post #5 of 27

Hey Joe,

I haven't talked to you in awhile! I'm fixing to take a look at the site! Thanks~

Are you & your wife moved into the new house yet? I bet you have been some kind of busy if you have~ Thanks again!

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:05am
post #6 of 27

MMMmmm...pie! I think it would be nice to go to a July wedding and have pie. Summer and pie just seem to go together. I can't wait to see what you come up with Tina

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:09am
post #7 of 27

I was waiting for a response from you Lisa! You always have the best websites! You don't have one for this? Have you even heard of it? I looked on the website Joe said. The pies look sooooooo good! This will be fun! That's right July... July 4th... apple pie!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so cool!!!!!!! Yummy!!!!! I will just have to look on all the websites I have put in my favorites. Everytimes someone puts a website in a post I put it in my favs. I don't always get to go browsing though~

lastingmoments Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lastingmoments Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:11am
post #8 of 27

Ive bnever heard of weddin gpies...cool...

I have heard of doughnut cakes

veejaytx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
veejaytx Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:16am
post #9 of 27

This is definitely a new idea as far as I'm concerned. Lots of possibilities... but no suggestions from here, but I'll keep an eye out for ideas.
Janice

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:23am
post #10 of 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcturtleshell

Hey Joe,

I haven't talked to you in awhile! I'm fixing to take a look at the site! Thanks~

Are you & your wife moved into the new house yet? I bet you have been some kind of busy if you have~ Thanks again!

The big move is Saturday! We have most of the apt emptied except for the big stuff. I must be jinxed about moving. Right before my family moved out of Detroit, the basement flooded. After the move, the new house's sump pump quit, another flood. Guess what happened on Sunday? I think the next house I get won't have a basement, maybe then the curse will be broken. thumbs_up.gificon_biggrin.gif It wasen't as bad as it could have been. Plus I'm in the middle of taking my non-Wilton course III at my local cake store. Plus I gotta squeeze in work here and there. But other then that, it' s been pretty quiet around here!! thumbs_up.gificon_smile.gif

Joe

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:34am
post #11 of 27

Wow!! That's bad!! Sorry to hear of your bad luck! Well nothing but good luck is your families future!! Blessing, blessings!!! I had bad luck last week when I was doing that first wedding cake! It's over with thank God! I'm rested & ready for my next cake!

So your learning fondant huh? I have yet to make a fondant covered cake since I took the courses! They aren't popular here in the south. I am going to try MMF this weekend. My best friend loves it! I want to take some more classes.. I need to call around to cake stores & check if they offer any. Good luck from now on!!!

dragonwarlord1969 Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:45am
post #12 of 27
Quote:

Wow!! That's bad!! Sorry to hear of your bad luck! Well nothing but good luck is your families future!! Blessing, blessings!!! I had bad luck last week when I was doing that first wedding cake! It's over with thank God! I'm rested & ready for my next cake!

So your learning fondant huh? I have yet to make a fondant covered cake since I took the courses! They aren't popular here in the south. I am going to try MMF this weekend. My best friend loves it! I want to take some more classes.. I need to call around to cake stores & check if they offer any. Good luck from now on!!!

Thanks for the blessings, we need it! I've wanted to learn fondant for a while. So far we made lillies, 5 petal flowers which will be put on wire and tyed together. We're using royal icing and I was hoping for fondant. But we get to cover our final project in fondant which will be good.

Joe

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:52am
post #13 of 27

I did everything but the wire. I wish I would have been taught that! Cakes look so beautiful with the flowers winding around!! I was able to make the Easter Lily, Ponsietta, & Morning Glory but for the life of me I couldn't get the Petunia!!! And that's my favorite flower! Guess I just need more practice. There was another flower but I can't remember what it was. We used fondant on the 2nd class & the last class of course 3. I liked it but didn't like the taste. Like I said earlier it isn't popular here. Fondant flowers are easy to make they are just time consuming. I want to learn gum paste. I guess they are the same thing.

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:57am
post #14 of 27

Pies for a wedding??!?!?!?! As a guest I would be so dissapointed....but I guess it wouldn't be MY day! I'm just partial to cakes!!!
sUzanna

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 2:59am
post #15 of 27

The bride doesn't like wedding cake. She loves pies. So since she's the bride she gets to pick LOL!! I have seen icecream sundae wedding cakes & cupcake wedding cakes so might as well add wedding pies to the list~ icon_smile.gif

Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 3:03am
post #16 of 27
Quote:

I was waiting for a response from you Lisa! You always have the best websites! You don't have one for this? Have you even heard of it? I looked on the website Joe said. The pies look sooooooo good! This will be fun! That's right July... July 4th... apple pie!!! Ohhhhhhhhhhhhh so cool!!!!!!! Yummy!!!!! I will just have to look on all the websites I have put in my favorites. Everytimes someone puts a website in a post I put it in my favs. I don't always get to go browsing though~

I'll look...I thought Joe had it covered.

Here's an article called Here Comes the Pie...some good ideas there. Just don't drop the pie icon_lol.gif
http://www.detnews.com/2003/food/0304/02/b12-124628.htm

A short thread on wedding pies (decor tips)...
http://webfoodpros.com/discus/messages/241/271.html?964279352

Pic of wedding pie...
http://www.oliviaphoto.com/gallery/albums/Baker-Loos-Wedding/19_DSC_2133.jpg

Just a pretty pie...
http://www.baking911.com/cherrypie2.jpg

If I come across anything else, I'll post it

Joe...how awful! I really hope things start looking up so you can enjoy your home. It sounds like the cake class is going well. Where do you find the time?

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 3:05am
post #17 of 27

Good going Lisa!!!! While I was on here playing you were looking for sites!! You are too good to be true!!!!! Thanks again!!!! I'm going to look at new pics on CC then I'm gonna get off & look at these sites!! THANK YOU FOR COMING TO MY RESCUE!!!

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 3:12am
post #18 of 27

Oh my goodness Lisa!!!! Those sites are really going to help me choose!!! My sister (tcrema a member on CC too) just ordered me a 5 tier pedistaled cake stand from ebay today!! I can't wait to get it in the mail!!!!! This is going to be fun!!! Hopefully other people post sites because then I have so much to choose from.

veejaytx Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 3:16am
post #19 of 27

Could cheesecake be made like a pie? The recipe for today sounded good, and a little like a pie with the topping. I'm imagining the problems that could come with trying to serve pie instead of cake, it is bound to be messier...I can just see the guests with pie filling all over their clothes their faces, could make for some interesting photos! It will be fun to see how this goes! Janice

crp7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crp7 Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 3:28am
post #20 of 27

I think pies sound great. I wonder how you determine number of servings?

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 3:32am
post #21 of 27

All the bride wants is 3 pies with a reg. wedding cake at the top. She isn't worried about servings. The reception is going to be very large. They are going to do a BBQ & have lots of food there. So I'm sure they'll have more desserts.

Janice, I'm just making the pies.. not cutting them. That would be a big mess wouldn't it??!! Oh, boy.. this is gonna be something else!!! icon_smile.gif

veejaytx Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 4:05am
post #22 of 27

Well, as long as you don't have to cut and serve them, I guess it will be okay! Janice

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 11:00am
post #23 of 27

Oh I so hope that this doesn't catch on! I just absolutely can NOT make pie!! OK--so there is one pie I can make--but you blind bake the crust and then prepare the filling on the stove. It's called a "Fresh Berry Berry Pie" and is almost impossible to screw up. It also has a layer of cheesecake-type filling on the bottom to the crust doesn't get soggy. (Hmmmm-actually that sounds yummy right about now!)

My friend (who can make wonderful pies btw!) always teases me that I can make the most difficult torte, cake, dessert, etc., etc., etc., but I can't do something as simple as pie.

Good luck and I can't wait to see pics!!

Lisa

zoozieqv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zoozieqv Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 1:35pm
post #24 of 27

Now that you mention cheesecake, that's what my brother and sil did for their wedding!! I just soooo look forward to wedding cake. Especially before I started cake making/decorating. It seemed that I never got good cake unless I went to a wedding....so then to go to one where they served pies or cheesecake (which I like and have nothing against...)it was just dissapointing to me. I guess I need to get with the times, I'm a 31 year old - old timer!!!!

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Apr 2005 , 4:04pm
post #25 of 27

Cheesecake sounds great! I'm actually looking forward to doing this one! No icing... makes it simple for sure! Like Lisa just said.. how could you mess up a pie?? So far I never have. I have a good recipe for crust that a good friend just gave me.. yummy!!!! It's gonna be fun!

Anyone else have a recipe or website they might have run across about wedding pies?

Thanks

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 29 Apr 2005 , 1:11pm
post #26 of 27

If my next to the youngest son ever gets married....i'm sure he'll have a wedding pie thing going....he's a pie person.....that's what he gets for his birthday...PIE.....I guess some ppl are just that way..
Good luck with yours......
How many pies will you have to make to feed everyone???
cakegal

tcturtleshell Posted 30 Apr 2005 , 1:41am
post #27 of 27

Hey cakegal~
The bride doesn't want it to feed everyone. She only wants 3 pies & a reg wedding cake on the top tier. Just because she doesn't like cake, go figure. There's going to be a big BBQ after the wedding so there will be a lot of food & a lot of desserts. I'm starting to want some pie ever since this was brought up to me!! icon_rolleyes.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%