I Need Idea Or Suggestions

Decorating By goof9j Updated 18 Jun 2007 , 5:54pm by Emarie31

goof9j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
goof9j Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 7:14pm
post #1 of 6

I have a special needs grandson who loves spiderman. I am a beginner cake decorator and I want to make him a tier cake with a spiderman theme. Any Ideas. He will be 7 in a couple of weeks.
icon_confused.gificon_confused.gif

5 replies
sujeeart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sujeeart Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 7:23pm
post #2 of 6

you could make the tiers to look like the city buildings then have spiderman on top.

manderfrog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
manderfrog Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 7:24pm
post #3 of 6

It would look neat if you made the top tier red and then piped a spiderweb on the top and draped it down the sides of the top tier. You could make the bottom layer a royal blue with his name in red. You could buy an action figure to place on top so that he could play with it afterwards. I just saw a commercial for WalMart and they have all the new Spiderman 3 figures now. I'm sure you could find one that would work. Good Luck with it. I know he will love whatever you come up with. Post some pics when you're done. icon_biggrin.gifthumbs_up.gif

jendalain Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jendalain Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 12:06am
post #4 of 6

I am a beginner too and would go the easy route - for me, I would do a sheet cake w/ streets. Then form sky scrappers out of rice crispies. It would be easy, colors well and molds great. Then sit those on top of a sheet cake Then you could buy a figurine and attach him to the building. I know they have several characters that you could add around the town as well.

Good Luck! Please post a picture!

cakenutz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakenutz Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 12:21am
post #5 of 6

there are some really cute spiderman cakes on here. My first one I just copied and enlarged pic from comic book and piped onto sheet cake. was really easy but buying the figurines is definitely the easiest I like the 3 d ones on here Good luck thumbs_up.gif

Emarie31 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Emarie31 Posted 18 Jun 2007 , 5:54pm
post #6 of 6

I'm new at this and everyone has been so helpful and nice, but I have no idea what piping is?? I would really like it if someone could take a second and tell me. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%