Three Milk Cake

Decorating By barbspies Updated 16 Apr 2007 , 2:59am by Confectionary2

barbspies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
barbspies Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 5:06am
post #1 of 7

I've made sheet cakes and round of tres leches but, a wedding cake I'm doing the bride requested some of the tiers be tres leches. It is a cake with pillars but I'm concerned the cake won't be sturdy enough.... any tips? Thanks

6 replies
Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 5:17am
post #2 of 7

Here's a bump! It sounds a little risky to me.......(IMHO)

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 5:19am
post #3 of 7

I made it once... I used marida's mousse for the filling and plenty of the milks instead of simple syrup... I'm pretty sure I used less than you would for a sheet tho.

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 5:23am
post #4 of 7
mixinvixen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mixinvixen Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 5:37am
post #5 of 7

i've never heard of this cake...until cc!!! and now i've seen it mentioned several times...when i went to that last link that was given for the recipe, it sure does remind me of paula deen's version of the "better than sex" cake. you pour evaporated milk (or sweetened condensed...one of the two icon_biggrin.gif ) over the warm cake and into the holes you've created all over the top. then you pour liquid caramel over it, then scatter toffee pieces over it. i scratch make the whipping cream and put that over the top and yum yum yum!!! it is to die for, and is very crumbly/moist consistency. does anyone know if this is the same cake, by any chance...sure sounds like it!

star

JanH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JanH Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 11:30pm
post #6 of 7

star, it's a loose interpretation of tres leche as it only uses one milk product and the caramel, not the three different milk products called for in a traditional recipe.

I'm sure if Paula made it, it must be good. icon_smile.gif

Confectionary2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Confectionary2 Posted 16 Apr 2007 , 2:59am
post #7 of 7

The recipe that I use does call for Tres Leche (three milks)....condensed, evaporated, and heavy cream.....unless there's something I am missing.

http://translation2.paralink.com/

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%