Tiffany & Co Fonts

Decorating By unoeme Updated 8 Jun 2013 , 7:37pm by annamariacoccia

unoeme Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:06am
post #1 of 9

Hi Ladies,

I've seen a couple of tiffany minicake gift boxes in the gallery such as this one (see attached) and I'm really wondering how the fonts are being imprinted on the cake? How do I do that??
LL

8 replies
pearldust Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:19am
post #2 of 9

maybe you could get an edible image of it put on your cake...find the font from their font as a jpeg from their website

Kitagrl Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 3:29am
post #3 of 9

I did one in my photos...I printed a photo of the font (Google Images) the size I needed it onto computer paper nice and dark. Then took wax paper and traced the backside of the logo with black food pen. Immediately place the wax paper onto the cake where you want it and rub the "ink" onto the fondant...and then you can see where to darken it in with the black food pen.

unoeme Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:04am
post #4 of 9

hey thanks for the tips! Kitagrl, I'm gonna try it your way!

pastryjen Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 11:59am
post #5 of 9

Wow, great idea, Kitagrl!

dolcesunshine20 Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 12:09pm
post #6 of 9

Oh, wow! Kitagirl, that is so much easier than what I did. I printed mine from the computer and then took an exacto knife and cut it out. After that I used a food pen to "trace" over the pattern. It was work! I'll definitely have to remember your trick!

Kitagrl Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 12:48pm
post #7 of 9

Thanks! I use that trick often for transferring designs. I've even done it on crusting buttercream before (my version of FBCT) and it works just well enough to see where to put your outline if its a picture of some sort.

christeena Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 1:51pm
post #8 of 9

I've done the same as kitagrl and it worked great!

annamariacoccia Posted 8 Jun 2013 , 7:37pm
post #9 of 9

does anyone know what this font is called?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%