Semi-Ot....re: Cookies

Baking By Zamode Updated 18 Apr 2006 , 2:15am by Zamode

Zamode Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Zamode Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 3:26am
post #1 of 11

Yes, I am STILL on strike! My sis sampled some today that I made for a friend (pre-strike!) and said they were very good, she wants the recipe. Says they came out cute (non-theme).

I am staying offline a few days at least, I have a post in the Lounge, my mom may have had a mild stroke so I need to focus my energies on her well being. Thank you all for being such a wonderful, supportive, helpful and funny bunch of ladies. Please send up some prayers or good wishes for my mom, I would be so grateful.

edited to make sure my sig was on!

10 replies
SquirrellyCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SquirrellyCakes Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 3:50am
post #2 of 11

Prayers and all the best to you and your mother kiddo!
Many hugs,
Squirrelly

Cake_Princess Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Princess Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 4:01am
post #3 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Yes, I am STILL on strike! My sis sampled some today that I made for a friend (pre-strike!) and said they were very good, she wants the recipe. Says they came out cute (non-theme).

I am staying offline a few days at least, I have a post in the Lounge, my mom may have had a mild stroke so I need to focus my energies on her well being. Thank you all for being such a wonderful, supportive, helpful and funny bunch of ladies. Please send up some prayers or good wishes for my mom, I would be so grateful.

edited to make sure my sig was on!

Zamode, I am sorry to hear that. Your mom will be in my thoughts. Please keep us posted.

Your Bestest Cookie Buddy.

fearlessbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fearlessbaker Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 4:08am
post #4 of 11

Sorry to hear about your mother. She, you, all of your family will be in my thoughts. Please keep us all posted.

Kos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kos Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 11:46am
post #5 of 11

Sorry to hear about your mom Zamode. I noticed you missing on the boards the other day.

Take care of your mother and be sure to take care of yourself. (something we seem to overlook a lot)

kos

I can manage the strike until you are back.

Cake_Princess Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kos

I can manage the strike until you are back.

icon_eek.gif

Cake_Princess Posted 15 Apr 2006 , 6:19pm
post #7 of 11

Zamode, if you're checking in, give us an update.

Zamode Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:03am
post #8 of 11

Thank you guys so much--I wasn't planning on coming online but I am getting so much junk in my inbox, I have to clean it out and saw someone left me a PM so I logged in. Your support and prayers mean alot to me. I put an update in the Lounge, she is still in the hospital and may need surgery.

C_P, yes you are my bestest cookie buddy icon_wink.gif

Kos, keep the strike going.....not thinking of cookies but it will continue once Mom is home.

I was going to make a cake for the ER staff, her doctors and nurses were wonderful but I can't get into it so you know cookies are not an option. Maybe once she is home and settled and I can redirect my thoughts to baking. I thought it would be a good distraction but it's just not there.

You gals are so very kind, it's a comfort for me to read everyone's kind thoughts. {{hugs}}

Cake_Princess Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 1:52am
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zamode

Thank you guys so much--I wasn't planning on coming online but I am getting so much junk in my inbox, I have to clean it out and saw someone left me a PM so I logged in. Your support and prayers mean alot to me. I put an update in the Lounge, she is still in the hospital and may need surgery.

C_P, yes you are my bestest cookie buddy icon_wink.gif

Kos, keep the strike going.....not thinking of cookies but it will continue once Mom is home.

I was going to make a cake for the ER staff, her doctors and nurses were wonderful but I can't get into it so you know cookies are not an option. Maybe once she is home and settled and I can redirect my thoughts to baking. I thought it would be a good distraction but it's just not there.

You gals are so very kind, it's a comfort for me to read everyone's kind thoughts. {{hugs}}

Off to the lounge I go...

craftst3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
craftst3 Posted 17 Apr 2006 , 2:04am
post #10 of 11

Please know that your mother, you and your family will be in my prayers. I have a mother with health issues also with her heart, so please remember to take care of yourself too.

Zamode Posted 18 Apr 2006 , 2:15am
post #11 of 11

Cratfst3, I keep your mother in my prayers, it's a hard thing to watch your mom go through.

At this point, I may not bake anything simply because we couldn't get answers from anyone about her MRA/MRI, I was getting so angry this afternoon. I have the little one and no one to watch her so my time there is limited, if at all. Finally this evening, a doctor called my father who got wind of our frustrations and filled him in on everything, was very kind and said she would call us daily with updates. I am so grateful.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%