What Is Your Favorite Fondant Overall?

Decorating By sgtx80 Updated 8 May 2007 , 10:23am by sunflowerfreak

sgtx80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sgtx80 Posted 30 Sep 2004 , 4:12pm
post #1 of 10

Just curious to know everyone's thoughts on this when you factor in making it, working with it, and the taste. I have only worked with the marshmallow and I have found it tasty and easy to make and work with.

9 replies
southerncake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
southerncake Posted 30 Sep 2004 , 4:18pm
post #2 of 10

I LOVE the marshmallow fondant also. My husband can eat it by itself it is so tasty! I have also found it fairly easy to work with.

Amy

Ladycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladycake Posted 30 Sep 2004 , 5:00pm
post #3 of 10

I like the taste of Pettinice or Satin Ice for fondants...

chocolate1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate1 Posted 3 Nov 2004 , 12:51pm
post #4 of 10

I don't use anything but mm fondant. It's cheap, easy to work with and best of all tastes fabulous! C.

chocolate1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chocolate1 Posted 3 Nov 2004 , 12:52pm
post #5 of 10

I don't use anything but mm fondant. It's cheap, easy to work with and best of all tastes fabulous! C. thumbs_up.gif

kika Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kika Posted 3 Nov 2004 , 6:20pm
post #6 of 10

i like rolled fondant if thats is what you mean by regular, its soooo sweet!! icon_biggrin.gif kika

CarolAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CarolAnn Posted 26 Nov 2004 , 5:10pm
post #7 of 10

I love the faux fondant. I worked and worked with rolled fondant this summer getting ready for some wedding cakes in October and I was so frustrated and nervous as time went on and I was committed to doing two wedding cakes one week apart. Then someone told me to check out the faux fondant. The crusted buttercream recipe I use crusts just enough to get the look I want and make it easy to work with. I love it! It looks like the rolled and has the taste of the buttercream most people love. Right now I couldn't ask for more. I see all the beautiful pictures of cakes with the rolled icings and admire those of you who have mastered it but it wasn't working for me.
I'm so thankful for the help I've received here.
You're the greatest!!

banba Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
banba Posted 8 May 2007 , 10:03am
post #8 of 10

MMF just love it!

pb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pb Posted 8 May 2007 , 10:18am
post #9 of 10

As I live in the UK we can buy some really good ready made ones - my favourite is Covapaste. It is really great to work with and very rarely cracks as you put it on a cake.

It is hard to find but the supplier i use is www.almondart.com

sunflowerfreak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sunflowerfreak Posted 8 May 2007 , 10:23am
post #10 of 10

Definitely MMF.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%