I have been trying and trying to make the instructions I sent to most of you more easy to understand... I think its a little better then what I sent out... here it is.
Bubblegum balls (small or large)
Wax or parchment paper
Flower nail (optional)
Tips 1, 3, 7, 21 (most popular)
Royal Icing (medium to thick consistency)
Note: some people I know that do these do one at a time (hence the flower nail) my aunt just pulls a long sheet of paper out on the counter and does it like an assembly line. Its quicker, and easier for herthis way as you let them dry they all get the same drying time.
1) With tip 21, make a ring of royal icing. The ring should be about ½ inch wider then the gumball, so it will hold the ball and the decorations. Let dry 15-20 mins.
2) With tip 7, make the legs/paws of the animal. Go from the bottom of the ball to the middle and come down and angled out (the out will be the foot/paw), depending on the animal you are doing, you need to put a ball of icing in between the front legs to form front paws. (If you are doing a baby you would got to the top of the bent knees and pipe out arms from the bent knee area to almost the tummy. You would use tip 1 (or 2 or 3) to add fingers)
3) With tip 7, make the head (round circle), cheeks, ears. Flatten the balls slightly that will be the cheeks, (for detail). (For people you would pipe ears with tips 1,2 or3)
4) With tip 3, add nose, and with tip 1 add the eyes.
5) Add detail from here mane, bows, etc.
6) Let them dry at least overnight. You can package them up the next morning if you have to.
thanks flayv im sure this is better then you haveing to send all those e-mails I'm hoping to try them this weekend!
Thanks for the updated technique!
Flay, do you by chance have a step by step? I'm a visual learner.
Thanks for the instructions! These sound really cute, but I'm wondering if anyone has pictures of the completed bubblegum buddies? I understand things so much better with pictures!
Here is a site that shows some. YOu can also find more if you put bride and groom bubblegum buddies and so on.
How cute! Thanks for the link...I had never even heard of these before reading it here.
I cant wait to do some myself..... but I have alot on my plate right now.... if you do them.... maybe you could post them?
I want to take pictures and do a step by step thingy, but like I said time is not there for me.... so if anyone else would like to do them great!!!!!!!!!!
Bumping this to the top since it's pretty neat, this way the newbies can see it.
ok I started to get request for these again.... so I wanted to bump it up again........ if you want me to send them to you via email thats ok too....
hi ladies! by chance would any of u know how i would go about to make an angel bubblegum buddy? i've also been trying to find all white bubblegum balls but have not found them your help and advice will be greatly appreciated!
mimimil here is a link to white 1 inch gumballs. I don't know if you will want this many. http://www.candywarehouse.com/candy-type/bubble-gum-gumballs/