My First Hat Cake

Decorating By shamley0701 Updated 15 Apr 2007 , 3:01am by LittleLinda

shamley0701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shamley0701 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:21pm
post #1 of 9

I did this for a friend's husband who is a major Red Sox fan. It's a white cake with MMF and MMF decorations. I didn't have a dome pan for the top so I improvised and used a stainless steel mixing bowl. Turned out better than I thought!

Had a little trouble with the bill. The first one cracked so I had to redo it so the new bill is resting on a piece of cardboard. You make due with what you have!
LL
LL

8 replies
Amy83 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Amy83 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:32pm
post #2 of 9

looks great =)

MissRobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MissRobin Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:45pm
post #3 of 9

Looks awesome, Great Job!

NewbeeBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
NewbeeBaker Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 2:52pm
post #4 of 9

Turned out great! Awesome job, Jen

kelleigh1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kelleigh1 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 3:34pm
post #5 of 9

Nice job!

I saw a Yankees hat design yesterday and though maybe someday I'd make it for hubby. But then I figured I'd need to make the Sox one for me. It looks pretty challenging though. If I do ever decide to do it, I'm going to have to do lots of research on how to do the logos and all the detail work. I wouldn't even know where to start once the dome was done.

shamley0701 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shamley0701 Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 3:45pm
post #6 of 9

Hey kelleigh1,

It really wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. Unfortunately my printer is on the fritz so I couldn't print the logo so I had to freehand it. But if you printed out the logo then you could trace the logo onto the fondant...that would be a lot easier than free-handing it.

With the bill, I just trace a bill from one of my husbands hats and used some cardboard underneath for support.

It could definitely look better, but for my first one it came out better than I thought. You can do it! Just PM me if you have any questions.

anoldhippy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anoldhippy Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:39pm
post #7 of 9

Great job..would have been even cuter with the Anaheim Angels logo icon_biggrin.gificon_lol.gif

chaniliz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaniliz Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:40pm
post #8 of 9

It loks great

LittleLinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LittleLinda Posted 15 Apr 2007 , 3:01am
post #9 of 9

It's awesome. A red sox fan in Tennessee?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%