Need Quick Response!

Decorating By Pokadots Updated 14 Apr 2007 , 2:42am by Pokadots

Pokadots Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Pokadots Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 11:00pm
post #1 of 7

I'm in the middle of making my birthday cake, and I wanted some royal icing flowers on the top, but I'll need them by tomorrow. How long does it take them to harden? I'll be making daisies pansy's and violets.

How do you think this sounds: Very light yellow basketweave all around the sides and have of the top, with the flowers I mentioned above in Orange, Bright pink (diasies) purple and yellow (pansies). Do you think the basketweave would be better in white or pink? I'm having trouble making up my mind!

Thanks for the help!

6 replies
mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 11:07pm
post #2 of 7

If you start making them now you should have enough drying time. Those flowers aren't real 'icing heavy' like roses would be so overnight should be sufficient for them to dry enough to put on the cake. They will dry faster if you put them on a wire rack on the wax paper too.
I like yellow for a basketweave. It sounds great, I can't wait to see a picture!!!

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 11:07pm
post #3 of 7

i would say white for the basketweave. The royal icing flowers will be dry by tomorrow morning, they actually dry fairly fast.

isakov1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isakov1 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 11:12pm
post #4 of 7

if its between white and pink...go with whiteicon_smile.gif and your flowers should be fine for tomorrow!!

Pokadots Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 11:15pm
post #5 of 7

Thanks! I'm thinking maybe white would be best with the purple and orange flowers.

I get to decorating then! Thanks again!

marthajo1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
marthajo1 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 11:17pm
post #6 of 7

I would put them under a ceiling fan too if you have one. That seemed to help mine dry!

Pokadots Posted 14 Apr 2007 , 2:42am
post #7 of 7

I just posted a picture of it, check it out in my gallery! Thanks for the help!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%