letseatcake Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 3:14pm
post #1 of

Hey Ladies and gentleman I need help once again. I just got a call for a snake cake for Fri. I need pictures if you've seen some. I will probably use my long loaf pan for the body I need help with the decorating.

Look forward to you ideas.

7 replies
flayvurdfun Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 3:59pm
post #2 of

http://familyfun.go.com/recipes/special/cake/cake_snake/

I know you can do better, and your idea sound great with the loaf pans but maybe that can help your ideas.....

Lisa Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:09pm
post #3 of

I thought this snake cake was soooo cool! I bet it wouldn't be too hard to make. Kind of carve up a large round. Cover in textured fondant and then paint it.

http://www.petsnakes.co.uk/Under_The_Spotlight/Cake_Girl_Ltd/Corn_Snake_Cake/Corn_Snake_Cake_M.jpg

peacockplace Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:22pm
post #4 of

Gross Lisa, tapedshut.gif That's way too real looking! I'd have my mom and Granny passed out on the floor! (LOL) Just kidding that's really cool thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Lisa Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 7:43pm
post #5 of
Quote:
Originally Posted by peacockplace

Gross Lisa, tapedshut.gif That's way too real looking! I'd have my mom and Granny passed out on the floor! (LOL) Just kidding that's really cool thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

LOLOL!! I want to make one! I don't know anyone who could appreciate it though. Most I know would refuse to be in the same room with it, let alone eat it!

JessicaM Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 10:10pm
post #6 of

You could use a horseshoe pan if you have it, just put one like a U on the left then the other an upside down U on the right, cut a little off one to make them meet in the middle, so it makes a big S, then use what you cut off for the head or to add to the tail. I did one a long time ago if I can find the pic I will post it. It was for a 4 yo bday party, his mom paid beaucoup bucks to have the zoo bring out animals for his party and he loved snakes...yuck!

letseatcake Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 1:52am
post #7 of

Thank guys. After I thought about it I remember I could use the horseshoe pan, but I really like the picture Lisa posted. I would like to do that one, but I'm not sure if I'll have the time before Fri. 9:00am. I'll post a picture when I'm done.

flayvurdfun Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 5:23am
post #8 of

that was a great cake.... I dont mind snakes at all.. so that cake would be perfect for me... thats why I posted the familyfun funky one that can be improved on so much....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%