Buttercream Transfer Not Too Pretty

Decorating By cesi Updated 27 Apr 2005 , 10:25pm by m0use

cesi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cesi Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 2:39pm
post #1 of 7

I made a practice buttercream transfer but it didnt come out too well. Well..the icing didnt. I followed the recipe for it that i found on here but when i tried to thin it with water it got oily and came apart. Is it possible that I needed to add more powder sugar to it or that it was already thin enough? When I put it in the freezer it didnt freeze it just hot a little stiff enough to come off the wax paper. I left it in there overnight. Is that how its supposed to be? Also, I would like to make a transfer but keep in the fridge for about two days. How will it keep? i'm sorry i have alot of questions, I am just starting to bake and hate it when something goes wrong!! icon_sad.gif thanks in advance for your response icon_smile.gif

6 replies
flayvurdfun Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flayvurdfun Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 2:49pm
post #2 of 7

My first didnt turn out only because of the worm look I think.. but it doesnt freeze like you would think you have but a couple of seconds to get it turned onto the cake!!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 3:18pm
post #3 of 7

try thinning down with a little milk. Also have the cake ready for the transfer when you take it out of the fridge (i don't freeze mine, just refridgerate until firm) then flip the transfer onto the cake, then peel off the waxed paper.

cesi Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 7

if i add milk to thin it that means i have to refrigerate the cake until its ready to be cut? or can it be left out the day of the party? also, can i make the icing for the transfer in advace and keep it in the fridge? and if i can, when im ready to use it do i have to let it come to room temp? THanks so much!!

peg818 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
peg818 Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 6:42pm
post #5 of 7

Alittle milk and it will be fine out for abit. The sugar will act as a perservative. I have left it out over night without any problems. Yes you can make the icing up ahead of time and place in the fridge. Just bring to room temp before using. You can make the transfer up ahead of time if you want just wrap after its set up.

cesi Posted 26 Apr 2005 , 9:33pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by peg818

Alittle milk and it will be fine out for abit. The sugar will act as a perservative. I have left it out over night without any problems. Yes you can make the icing up ahead of time and place in the fridge. Just bring to room temp before using. You can make the transfer up ahead of time if you want just wrap after its set up.

okay, thanks alot. also, what do i wrap it up with?

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 27 Apr 2005 , 10:25pm
post #7 of 7

Wax paper, plastic wrap..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%