Take A Look At What I Got Today!!!!

Decorating By mthiberge Updated 13 Apr 2007 , 3:27pm by mthiberge

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mthiberge Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:12am
post #1 of 21

I'm stoked! It's here...my brand new airbrusher...YAYYYYY!
I can't say enough nice things about Kopykake too BTW. They were fantastic to deal with. I orderd my brush on Good Friday of all days and they were actually open! icon_surprised.gificon_cool.gif and today is Wednesday (that's 3 business days later...) it arrived united parcel service THIS MORNING! WOW! I live in Canada and it usually takes things Much longer then they figure to get here, PLUS it was a custom order too!...notice it's not RED anyone?... icon_biggrin.gif They were super great and changed the body color for me so its nice neutral black! AWSOME SERVICE!! I highly recommend this company!

http://www.kopykake.com/cd_compressor_airmaster.html
LL

20 replies
Nitu Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nitu Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:22am
post #2 of 21

Coooooooooooooooooooooooooooool!

Botanesis Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Botanesis Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:23am
post #3 of 21

That is sooooooo awesome!! Congratulations! That is the next thing on my "I wish I had that" list. icon_biggrin.gif Happy airbrushing!

jsmith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jsmith Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:23am
post #4 of 21

Ooh. I want a cool color one. I don't think they realized what they were getting themselves into when they made yours black. Now we're all going to want different colors. icon_smile.gif

isabelianico Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
isabelianico Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:26am
post #5 of 21

I am so jealous!! icon_cool.gif It looks awesome! Let me know how it works! Did the airbrush colors come with it or did you have to buy them separately?

momthreekiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momthreekiddos Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:27am
post #6 of 21

Congratulations on your new toy!!! Bet you can't wait to try it out! Be sure and post pics of your first new airbrushed cake!!!!

cfdwife Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cfdwife Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:29am
post #7 of 21

Droooooooooooool. I'm soooo jealous!!! icon_cry.gif

UGoCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
UGoCakes Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:29am
post #8 of 21

so jealous, have fun with it!! thumbs_up.gif

indigojods Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indigojods Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:33am
post #9 of 21

Congratulations!!! I have a red compressor. I had no idea there were other options. Mine so would have been blue!!!!

The small view I saw of your kitchen reminds me of mine. I used a Behr color called "deep garnet" for the walls that looks just like that and have dark granite countertops. But a cobalt blue kitchenaid of course....

nsouza Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nsouza Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:34am
post #10 of 21

Im so jealous! icon_mad.gificon_lol.gif Ive been lookinginto getting one. Im definetly going to go through the place you went through!

mthiberge Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:36am
post #11 of 21

I ordered the color and the cleaner seperately, but the 3 little bottles came with it. The 11 9oz bottles were only 25$ (USD) plus the other 2 colors they carry that were not included in the color kit were 2.50$ each, the bottle of cleaner was 10$ and the airbrush was 225$ (USD)...it's not such a great number when you add the shipping to Canada
(62$) and then add it together and convert it to CND dollars...but I'm VERY LUCKY, my parents bought it for me as a gift for finishing culinary school. Guess we will see what they think when I show up on their door step 13 different colors of beautifull with an extra special cake for them...LOL
Oh yeah...sorry guys...this one is black because one of their other machines (55 PSI and a dual action gun, meant to use on nails and other crafty stuff) comes in 3 colors...black, red and white...so they swaped one of the black bodies for my red one. There is NO blue or green or pink or yellow ones...but maybe if enough of you ask them they will expand their color options! icon_wink.gif

srod911 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
srod911 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:45am
post #12 of 21

You are so lucky, I'm green with envy icon_lol.gif
You have wonderful parents to buy you such a nice gift. I'm hoping the airbrush fairy will come and visit me soon!

mthiberge Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:50am
post #13 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by srod911

You are so lucky, I'm green with envy icon_lol.gif
You have wonderful parents to buy you such a nice gift. I'm hoping the airbrush fairy will come and visit me soon!

I wish her to your house... princess.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 1:33am
post #14 of 21

You are going to have great adventures with this new toy. And once you've got it down pat come teach me! Please! I do use my airbrush but I am not adept at it and usually end up with the counter top and cabinets sprayed a pale red or blue. Think I've got it all cleaned up and 2 days later I swipe a damp sponge over the counter and there is that color again. icon_rolleyes.gif

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:18am
post #15 of 21

I am soo happy for you and soo jealous at the same time! You are going to love it!

doescakestoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
doescakestoo Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:25am
post #16 of 21

Have fun with it. I love mine. I wish I knew about the color of the body. I too would have changed to black or blue. Enjoy yours for a long time.

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:32am
post #17 of 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShirleyW

You are going to have great adventures with this new toy. And once you've got it down pat come teach me! Please! I do use my airbrush but I am not adept at it and usually end up with the counter top and cabinets sprayed a pale red or blue. Think I've got it all cleaned up and 2 days later I swipe a damp sponge over the counter and there is that color again. icon_rolleyes.gif

Oh you mean our countertops, windows, sink, and boogers aren't supposed to be dyed the color of our last cake?

(BTW op, congrats! And welcome to the world of finding fancy colored snot in your kleenex the next morning after you airbrush! thumbs_up.gif )

mthiberge Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:44am
post #18 of 21

You guys are funny...Fortunately for me this isn't my first airbrush rodeo. I learnt how to airbrush in a commercial bakery on an airmaster machine. So I know all about airbrushed walls, floors and booger fun! I'm still really stoked about it...DH JUST got home and noticed it on the counter...he had a mixed look of worry and fear on his face...he should just be thankfull the dog is still the same color as he was this morning...LOL

pixie_dust51 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pixie_dust51 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:49am
post #19 of 21

icon_smile.gif hi ther i havnt used one myself but heard a lot about them an that ther heaps of fun !!!!! run-a-muck girl woooohoooooooooooooo thumbs_up.gif xoxo

revel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
revel Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 4:10am
post #20 of 21

Thats sooo exciting! Can't wait to see what you create!

mthiberge Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 3:27pm
post #21 of 21

BUMP!....sorry guys, I'm still so excited about it I want the world to see it...LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%