Wedding Cake

Decorating By Leslie1981 Updated 12 Apr 2007 , 2:25am by CakeL8T

Leslie1981 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Leslie1981 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 9:57pm
post #1 of 6

What make a wedding taste so much better than birthday cake is it the icing or the cake.

5 replies
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 10:07pm
post #2 of 6

Itg's the psychology of it. People believe it's different because it's a "wedding" cake and the only place to get a "wedding" cake is at a "wedding". (I actually have this on my website .... You don't have "Wedding Chicken" or "Wedding Salad" .... cake is the only food designated as "Wedding" food!)

I use the same icing for every cake I do, so when they comment on how "different" the wedding cake tastes, I just smile and move on.

rlsaxe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rlsaxe Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 11:58pm
post #3 of 6

pretty sneaky indydebi!

sweetconfections1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetconfections1 Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:04am
post #4 of 6

You know I have wondered about this. I have search high and low for wedding cake recipes. I found some, but they are no different than other cakes. I thoght there was a secret ingredient

BarbaraK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BarbaraK Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 12:06am
post #5 of 6

The secret ingredient is the fact that the cake is to celebrate the love of the happy couple. When people are happy, the food tastes better.

CakeL8T Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeL8T Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 2:25am
post #6 of 6

It's so funny, I get the same thing from people!! My b-day and wedding cake are the same, but they just know somethings different. I never tell them though!! I agree in that "love is in the air" and everything tastes better with love, right? It's funny what your mind can do!!
Carrie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%