Help!!! Shotgun Wedding Cake!

Decorating By xcandyxkissx Updated 9 Apr 2006 , 10:15pm by spottydog

xcandyxkissx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
xcandyxkissx Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 9:47pm
post #1 of 6

My cousin just gave me notice that she is having a SHOTGUN wedding tomorrow (Monday), and she needs me to make a cake!!

WHAT DO I DO!?!

I have cake mixes and whip n top...but, I've never made a wedding cake and I am TOTALLY lost on what to do.

I can't afford to make a trip all the way to the city and buy a cake topper, and my cousin can't supply one.

I was thinking about throwing some kind of topper together with artificial flowers?

I'm gonna be stressing all day...someone please help..

5 replies
KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 9:51pm
post #2 of 6

You can do a simple stacked cake, depending on how many people it's for, go with a 6" and 9" or maybe an 8" and 10". Keep the decorations all simple and all white. The topper can be all white roses. I've got a pic in my photos that's an all white cake with white roses as the topper. It was pretty easy to do.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 9:53pm
post #3 of 6

I just saw your tinkerbell cake and it looks fantastic! I am sure you'll do a great job. Yeah I would say flowers would be a good choice on such short notice. Or you could make some hearts intertwined out of royal and prop them on top. I have seen picks posted with royal designs like that. Wish I could remember who posted them. Good luck. Let us know how you make out. icon_biggrin.gif

flourgrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
flourgrl Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 9:56pm
post #4 of 6

cupcakes are always a quick option!

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 9:58pm
post #5 of 6

Do you have any ribbon handy? You could ice the cakes smooth and wrap the bottoms in ribbon and then you could still got with BC roses or even the silk ones like you first suggested. If it's a material ribbon just cover the back with contact paper or wax paper so the ribbon doesn't get grease spots.

spottydog Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
spottydog Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 10:15pm
post #6 of 6

Love that idea Kitti......I love the way ribbons look!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%