With All The Talk Of Sugarcraft Let's List Good Shopping.com

Lounge By mom2seven Updated 11 Aug 2007 , 6:07am by Janette

Ironbaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ironbaker Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:22pm
post #31 of 62

Oooh thanks for all the good suggestions.

As far as Butavan, I thought I read that the company that produced it went out of business and that's why it's hard to find? Anyone hear anything more of this?

JenWith Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenWith Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:36pm
post #32 of 62
Ironbaker Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 3:47pm
post #33 of 62

yeah, it was at Earlene's where I read that awhile ago.

Quote:
Quote:

"NOTICE" - Yes the company that makes the Butavan has gone out of business. It is gone. I have NO MORE"

Dang, looks like Sugarcraft has it. icon_sad.gif

rezzygirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rezzygirl Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 4:51pm
post #34 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironbaker

yeah, it was at Earlene's where I read that awhile ago.

Quote:
Quote:

"NOTICE" - Yes the company that makes the Butavan has gone out of business. It is gone. I have NO MORE"

Dang, looks like Sugarcraft has it. icon_sad.gif

I think I read that the company that made butavan was bought out and they weren't going to make it anymore, but now they are producing it. Maybe it won't be long before other shops get more in (other than sugarcraft ... hopefully!)

also:

another good place to get cake boxes/boards:

http://www.bgpaper.com/catalog/Baking_Supplies.html

-Rezzy

bobwonderbuns Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bobwonderbuns Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 5:02pm
post #35 of 62

What's wrong with Sugarcraft?? I buy from them all the time. Never had a problem. icon_biggrin.gif In fact, that's where I bought my butavan!! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

ShirleyW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShirleyW Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 5:50pm
post #36 of 62

Another one and I haven't seen it mentioned yet is Nicholas Lodge. You can call in and order and they have it in the mail the next day, seldom out of stock on anything I have ever ordered. The staff is very knowledgable, you can call and describe a flower you saw on a cake and they can narrow it down to which cutter and veiner to order. Friendly and professional.
http://www.internationalsugarart.com/cgi-bin/store/shop.cgi

Ironbaker Posted 12 Apr 2007 , 7:52pm
post #37 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobwonderbuns

What's wrong with Sugarcraft?? I buy from them all the time. Never had a problem. icon_biggrin.gif In fact, that's where I bought my butavan!! icon_lol.gificon_rolleyes.gif

That's great, consider yourself lucky!

I didn't even think about listing my own local ones, thankfully, I'm near Nicholas Lodge's store. Another I go to is Cake Art - www.cakeartpartystore.com I don't know how the shipping is though since it's local for me.

Thanks for the info Rezzy...I'll have to keep an eye out.

mom2seven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2seven Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:00pm
post #38 of 62

Wow, I just added 10 more bookmarks on my computer, Thanks everyone. I love to shop online!

Gefion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gefion Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:23pm
post #39 of 62

Design A Cake is a favourite here too, but also http://www.almondart.com is nice and ships really fast. From England to Denmark in 3 days (Design A Cake ships just as fast).

Just remember to ask for notice if anything is out of stock so you won't be disappointed when the package arrives and your long awaited veiner was sold out icon_cry.gificon_biggrin.gif

LaSombra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LaSombra Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:24pm
post #40 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2seven

Wow, I just added 10 more bookmarks on my computer, Thanks everyone. I love to shop online!

I have too! hehe. I don't havea cake shop near me anymore. Back in Columbus, there were two pretty good cake shops I could go to but now that I live out in a rural area, I have to drive 2 hrs to the nearest cake shopicon_sad.gif

Thanks for all the links guysicon_biggrin.gif

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:28pm
post #41 of 62

Okay, here are some more that I have ordered from (in addtion to some of the others that have alreay been mentioned:

Pfiel & Holing
Beryl's
The Baker's Kitchen
The Cake Craft Shoppe
Kopy Kake
http://www.winbeckler.com/ (okay link is not going to work because of the auto linking set up here at CC...) It is Winbeckler Enterprises.

Those above are places that I have ordered from and love them.

Below are places that I have not ordered from...

First Impression Molds
Holly Products
Kitchen Collectibles
Payless Cake Decor
The Ultimate Baker (Cookd Dream)
Squires Kitchen Online Sop

I have ordered from Lindy's--EXCELLENT service and very quick even for overseas!

I have placed one order to Streich's and that is all they will ever get from me. I placed an order, did not hear anything for ahwile, inquires, was told merchendise was on backorder and when it would be expected. Pretty much after the 4th inquiry and 3 1/2 months later, they acted as though I never placed an order with them and never acknowledged my last two inquiries. Lucky for them, they never took any money out of my account.

I have placed an order with Nicholas Lodge. Everything that I ordered was out of stock (though not indicated as such on their site) except for one thing. They were very nice to deal with, but I never ended up getting anything from them because they had no idea when they would get stuff in.

As for sugarcraft. I have actually had nothing but pleasent experiences with them.

dl5crew Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dl5crew Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:39pm
post #42 of 62

What is butavan???

cocakedecorator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cocakedecorator Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 4:40pm
post #43 of 62

www.candylandcrafts.com

mthiberge Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 5:07pm
post #45 of 62

Hello Missyek,
Do you know how shipping is with Pfiel & Holing? They seem to have great prices but they don´t tell you how much shipping is until you order is placed and I´m afraid to order and then get stock with a super high shipping fee... Thanks so much!
Love this thread!

Oh by the way, I also order at
www.globalsugarart.com (great service)
www.intotheoven.com
www.beryls.com
and CC of course!!!

I have different online stores for different needs.
CC is great with gel colors and dusts, global sugar art is great with gumpaste cutters/tools, beryls has the best price on gums (CMC, gum arabic, etc.), into the oven has great prices on satin ice and also on some different hard to find cake pans. HTH.

missyek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
missyek Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 5:11pm
post #46 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Hello Missyek,
Do you know how shipping is with Pfiel & Holing? They seem to have great prices but they don´t tell you how much shipping is until you order is placed and I´m afraid to order and then get stock with a super high shipping fee... Thanks so much!

Their shipping is actually quite reasonable. Not inflated at all. I have to pay tax, though, since I am in NY State where they are located... icon_sad.gif

nefgaby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nefgaby Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 6:18pm
post #47 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by missyek

Quote:
Originally Posted by nefgaby

Hello Missyek,

Their shipping is actually quite reasonable. Not inflated at all. I have to pay tax, though, since I am in NY State where they are located... icon_sad.gif

Thanks for the info!! Sorry about the tax... icon_sad.gif

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 6:28pm
post #48 of 62

CashWa has the butavan 16-1 powder. I don't know if they sell to the opublic or not
Dawn foods also has this product.

tburkhalter Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tburkhalter Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 6:37pm
post #49 of 62

I noticed that www.cakecarousel.com in Richardson, Tx lists Butavan on their website. It is my favorite local cake store too.

chaptlps Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chaptlps Posted 13 Apr 2007 , 7:05pm
post #50 of 62

I just visited Dawnfoods website and ladies ladies ladies (and some dudes) they sell to the home baker woohoo!!!!!!!!!! here's the site addy: www.dawnfoods.com

loveqm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loveqm Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 2:14am
post #51 of 62

saving..thanks!

SweetResults Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetResults Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 3:17am
post #52 of 62

Pfiel & Holing is great - they only charge actual shipping costs and their Pettinice is the lowest price I have seen. Super fast shipping too, I have ordered on a Tuesday afternoon and had stuff arrive by Thursday!

Maureen1954 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Maureen1954 Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 3:24am
post #53 of 62

save

alysmom09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alysmom09 Posted 21 Apr 2007 , 3:31am
post #54 of 62

Such great info for a newbie!!!! Thanks!!!!

pumpkinroses Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pumpkinroses Posted 19 Jun 2007 , 11:12am
post #55 of 62

save

kerrixx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerrixx1 Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 6:06pm
post #56 of 62

Oh my gosh! Ya'll have no idea how much I've been needing a thread like this! I think you guys just made my WHOLE YEAR! icon_biggrin.gif I was just about to order Satin Ice and some pans this morning then I saw Butavan on sugarcraft and decided to do a topic search here because I'd never heard of Butavan but it sounded good and I NEVER...EVER do anything w/out consulting you guys first (I've become smart like that thumbs_up.gif ) and I'm glad I did. Now I have all these sites to do price comparisons on, not to mention item comparisons. And from what I can tell....the Butavan is something really worth getting and it's not only great in cakes and buttercream icings but also compliments the flavor of chocolate? Does anyone add it to, like ganaches? I've never used it so I'm anxious to get my hands on it. I live in a small town and only have a Hobby Lobby and one other small Wilton supplier so I have to order everything. I can make a three hour drive to St. Louis every once in awhile, but these online sites are FABULOUS. Thanks CCers!!!!

Luby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luby Posted 5 Aug 2007 , 7:30pm
post #57 of 62

Lots of good info on this thread - thanks!

wgoat5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wgoat5 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:21pm
post #58 of 62

kerri I have used butavan in my cakes and icing...and I really like the taste and so do my "customers"

kerrixx1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kerrixx1 Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 1:51pm
post #59 of 62

Well I went ahead and ordered some last night, along with several other items. I wanted to try out some of these sites so I basically chose a few items I really needed and did a full sweep of all the sites you guys listed and did a price comparison for those items I was going to purchase, including shipping charges and ended up ordering from Confectionary House, Earlenes Cakes and Cakes By Sam. I'm anxious to get the dark chocolate Satin Ice because it'll be my first time to try it. I usually make Rhonda's MMF (or as my hubby calls it...Rhonda Fonda icon_lol.gif ). I know I'll be going back to some of the other sites for things but those were the sites I started with. Sugarcraft has so much great stuff but their site really gets on my nerves. It's messy and poorly designed, in my opinion but I hear they have great customer service and I know that's the most important thing.

navywifetrat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
navywifetrat Posted 6 Aug 2007 , 7:37pm
post #60 of 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Quote:
Originally Posted by butternut

Hey, I live about 10 minutes from Wine and Cake. I go there all the time. Cool.

It is nice to live close to a cake supply store. It's really funny because if you look at the place from the outside, you think, there's no way this place has much. But they really do have just about everything you could want. They don't have Butavan though and I really love that stuff. So, gotta order that. Oh well, can't have everything, right?

Butternut - I live about 20 mins. from Wine and Cake - you are right, the store is huge and doesn't look that big from the outside.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%