Fbct Question

Decorating By coolchc21 Updated 11 Apr 2007 , 2:32am by ETanner

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:20pm
post #1 of 7

I'm getting ready to do my first buttercream transfer and I think I've read enough to know how to do it. My question is, do the colors bleed? Especially from the black outlines? The cake will be iced in white, and I'm just worried that as the transfer comes to room temp, the black will bleed into the white. Has this happened to anyone? Advice? Thanks.

6 replies
CherylAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CherylAnn Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 10:40pm
post #2 of 7

I have read that black does bleed, but have never experienced it myself. To prevent this from happening you might try a small star tip of white around the fbct after it comes to room temp. that would cover any bleeding. Cant wait to see your pics. HTH

mizshelli Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mizshelli Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 11:39pm
post #3 of 7

I just finished my first FBCT cake, and so far, the black has not bled at all. I did have a small problem with the outline cracking, but I just re-outlined it after it was on the cake. It's looks ok, but since it was a test drive, I didn't get real picky. The butterfly my daughter made did crack in half, but so far no bleeding.

And you can tell which parts she did...lol, but she is only 9 and new to cake decorating so I forgave her. We are only gonna eat it for dinner anyway.
LL

coolchc21 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
coolchc21 Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 12:09am
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the tips. I'm doing the cake for a cakewalk at my son's school on Saturday. I'm going to attempt their mascot logo, the Colts. I will post a pic when I'm done.

Wendoger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wendoger Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 12:54am
post #5 of 7

Mine have never bled into each other but I have heard of this happening.... icon_smile.gif

tyty Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tyty Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 1:06am
post #6 of 7

I did my first one 2 weeks ago, I put the white border around it before I coated the back. No problem with bleeding.

ETanner Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ETanner Posted 11 Apr 2007 , 2:32am
post #7 of 7

I did my first one several months ago with no bleeding, but I did blot at it as it thawed.

I also used a tube of purchased black icing by CakeMate (you can use couplers with it!) so maybe thats why it didn't bleed? Only problem is that its a little stiff in the tube, you may want to microwave it for like 3 secs!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%