Need Edible Images... In Ohio

Decorating By StephW Updated 26 Jun 2011 , 5:16pm by honestysprotege

StephW Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
StephW Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 2:20pm
post #1 of 41

Does anyone know where I can get edible images printed in northeast Ohio? I am east of Cleveland.

Thanks!

40 replies
caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 3:46pm
post #2 of 41

Hi! I'm in the Akron area & the only place I know of is Acme. The store on Manchester Rd. makes the images for all their stores- they will send it to the store of your choice. The phone # 330-645-0303. HTH!

StephW Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 41

Thanks Caryl, that is very helpful. I will have to look them up online or call to find their locations. I don't know if there is one around me or not, but I can take a little drive if need be (hopefully the snow is done!). I will be taking the cake that I need the images for to Pittsburgh... so Akron will be easy... hahaha

msauer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msauer Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 5:06pm
post #4 of 41

It's nice that your local grocery stores will still do it. The ones around Columbus (according to the lady at my local cake supply store) won't do it anymore because of liability. You have to buy the whole cake with the image or you don't get it.

You could also have them do it at www.sugarcraft.com, but I bet shipping prices would kill ya!

Someone gave me a printer and I am going to start making my own.

Good luck !
Michelle

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 5:07pm
post #5 of 41

Have you tried calling the bakery department of your local grocery store? I posted the same question for the Boston area and was suprised to see all my grocery stores offered them, and for only a few dollars!
Good luck!

caryl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caryl Posted 10 Apr 2007 , 5:25pm
post #6 of 41

I think they are like $8 each! Not something I would do often, but it is nice to have that option.
I didn't think of calling Walmart. They might do them too.
Good luck!

MichelleM77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MichelleM77 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 2:57am
post #7 of 41

I know this is an old post, but Giant Eagle will do it for $10 a sheet and Diane's Candy and Cake in Barberton (probably about a 40 minute drive for you) does it too, not sure of the price though. I'm really thinking of getting my own printer.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:03am
post #8 of 41

Have you tried Walmart? Mine here will do edible images for $5.00/sheet.

Beth in KY

StephW Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:10am
post #9 of 41

ohhhh... thanks for the replies. I got them done at the Giant Eagle near me. Who knew?? hahaha. Anyways, I think I have more to learn to use them. I put 4 pics on a cake I made.... one on each side (first communion cake in my pics). But I had some trouble cutting them and getting them to melt into the icing.

bethola Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bethola Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:16am
post #10 of 41

They will need to sit on the cake at least overnight to "blend" into the cake and they don't really cut well because of the texture of the paper. I'm going to do cookies with my grandchildren's pics on them for a surprise when I go to California this summer.

Beth in KY

midialjoje Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
midialjoje Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 11:38am
post #11 of 41

walmart in columbus will do them for $5.00 each also

MichelleM77 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:13pm
post #12 of 41

I don't have a WalMart near me that has the grocery store and bakery in it. Bummer. I'm really thinking of buying that printer...........

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:40pm
post #13 of 41

After going to ebay and seeing one on there that still had 3 days left and it was already up to 198.00, I decided to do some sleuthing. The one on ebay was just a printer and the edible ink....no sugar sheets, wafer paper or the like.

I went to Epson and seen that the printer was less than a hundred dollars aaaaaaaaaaaaand it had a 30.00 rebate. So, I went to OfficeMax. I really wanted one and if I could get sooner, I would. They had one on display aaaaaaaaaaand it was clearanced to 69.00. I told her I didn't want the display because the printhead may have been compromised with regular ink. So, she took the little scanner thing and found that the warehouse had some. "If I order it, it will be regular price". I told her I didn't care, I just want one. After it was all said and done, I did get it for the clearnce price. I was still able to use the rebate. Some investigating got me a 39.00 printer. Then 72.00 for the inks.

Don't know for what I'm gonna use it but I feel better knowing I got it and got it for a great price.

MichelleM77 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 1:50pm
post #14 of 41

OMG that is great!! When did you do this? I'll have to check out my OfficeMax. Which printer did you get? I'm so confused by all of the different printers, ink cartridges, etc.

all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 3:05pm
post #15 of 41

3 weeks ago.

there are several you can get.

epson stylus cx3810
I also got the epson stylus c88

If you find the ink that goes with those...look on the back to see what other printers those cartridges will fit and any of those printers listed on the back will do.

the c88 was on clearance for 49.00

Yeah, I got two...just in case...of what, I don't know.

MichelleM77 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 4:31pm
post #16 of 41

Thanks!

vww104 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vww104 Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 6:39pm
post #17 of 41

You can also order them from icingimages.com.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 6:54pm
post #18 of 41

hey steph there is a place in Conneaut that does them!! Monika Linz cake and party supplies....it's right off of rt. 20

mom23kids Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom23kids Posted 26 Apr 2007 , 7:03pm
post #19 of 41

Bethola....what a great idea for Mother's Day! I might have to give that a try. thumbs_up.gif

StephW Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 1:46pm
post #20 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

hey steph there is a place in Conneaut that does them!! Monika Linz cake and party supplies....it's right off of rt. 20

Thanks Tina. I didn't even know that there was a cake place in Conneaut. Which side of town is it on? Do you know how much she charges? I paid $8.00 per sheet at my local Giant Eagle.
I will check out our Walmart too as people are saying $5.00 per sheet in their areas.

I do like the idea of having my own printer for it.... maybe I will if I start doing more cakes. It's so much more convenient, and it would help with the writing on the cakes too.

KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 5:52pm
post #21 of 41

I think she charges 10 bucks for an 8x11 sheet......but she edits the background and all sorts of stuff......she's even taken people out of the photo and made the background look as though they were never there before....she does a really good job.....not just the old scan and print like the grocery stores do......she makes sure she's not cutting thing out and that it's centered and everything. It's basically in the center of town here in Conneaut. Also, in case you don't get it out where you are.....she sells americolor and has dirt cheap bakery boxes and she's getting luster dust and petal dusts too. Basically if you tell them you want them to have something in stock they'll get it for you if they know you're gonna buy it.

StephW Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 6:49pm
post #22 of 41

Ohhhh... that would really be worth the extra money to have the pic edited. The cake that I made for my godson, I used 4 pics of him. The cake was square and I really wanted to have them in a diamond shape, but the pics did not lend themselves well to that. I ended up with just one cake, but I had baked, filled and iced a 7x7 square that was supposed to go on top and the pics were going on that top cake. However, I had soooo much trouble with the filling on the bottom cake that I ran out of time and just settled for the single layer. Oh well, I like how the cross came out anyways... hahahaha

I will have to check out this shop. There is a cake & candy store in Ashtabula that has some pretty good prices on the dusts and she has the A-color as well. Also, I have found it at a store not far from where I work in Mayfield.

By the way, did you see this thread I started? It's a cake shop in Beachwood... incredible cakes!!

http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=247561&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 8:20pm
post #23 of 41

wowweeee...........that place is amazing!!!! That is my dream......that shop, those cakes.......oh man........stunning work. do you know what their cakes sell for??

StephW Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 8:57pm
post #24 of 41

I think on the site it says that they go from $5 - $25 per serving! I also read that they sell samples of the wedding cakes. I might go down there one day at lunch, it's not far from work, and try their cakes.

Maybe you should come up (or over) one day and we can check it out together.

KHalstead Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 9:10pm
post #25 of 41

that would be awesome!!! That place is so cool looking!!! Wow 25 bucks a serving!! I would LOVE to sell a cake for that and not feel like I'd be arrested for fraud LOL

StephW Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 9:14pm
post #26 of 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Wow 25 bucks a serving!! I would LOVE to sell a cake for that and not feel like I'd be arrested for fraud LOL

*cracks up* I'd be so nervous about doing a cake for that much that I'd probably pass right out! hahaha

Anyways, I'll pm you later. Would be great to meet you finally and I know of a couple other CCers that may want to go too.

MichelleM77 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 9:53pm
post #27 of 41

Eat a piece for me!

StephW Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:10pm
post #28 of 41

Michelle, you are not that far away.... you could come too!

MichelleM77 Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:19pm
post #29 of 41

I wish it was this week! I'm between jobs right now and the new one starts next week. Bummer.

Ladyfett Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ladyfett Posted 27 Apr 2007 , 11:35pm
post #30 of 41

I'm in Ohio and have a printer. Currently I'm waiting for stuff to clean out my print head (its clogged). I'm near Cleveland. If you want to talk, shoot me an email. If you need something immediately, I can't do it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%