Decorating By southaustingirl Updated 29 May 2014 , 5:38pm by nellirosas

okey Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
okey Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 3:01pm
post #61 of 69

pls where can I get the book

IowaBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
IowaBaker Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 3:10pm
post #62 of 69

It's sometimes available on EBay or Amazon, but typically 100's of dollars.

Spireite Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spireite Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 9:33pm
post #63 of 69

I just looked on The River book web site and 'The Art of Royal Icing' by Eddie Spence is available for approx. £21.  I have asked for it for my birthday, so I shall let you know if it is any good.  (note - I am in the UK)

MimiFix Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MimiFix Posted 15 Oct 2013 , 9:57pm
post #64 of 69

I'm feeling generous. PM me if you want the Lambeth book and you've previously "talked" with me on CC.

jlynnw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jlynnw Posted 25 Oct 2013 , 5:32pm
post #65 of 69

MimiFix, I wish I remembered if we had talked.  It is VERY generous of you to share.

MBalaska Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MBalaska Posted 25 Oct 2013 , 9:44pm
post #66 of 69

" rel="nofollow">

the art of royal icing

CakeChemistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChemistry Posted 25 Oct 2013 , 10:39pm
post #67 of 69

ARoyal icing then, meringue powder or egg white? I have always used egg white but am aware it is deemed risky now. Switched to MP but if am honest, don't really know why. Just doing what am told us right. My mum was a cake decorator, as was my nana, and I have been around many generations of string work and RI design. They (my mum, nan, aunties, great aunt and great gran) all used egg white, raw and unheated. I am of the opinion that any baking with egg that isn't totally cooked through could be deemed as risky. That would mean all manner iof everyday menu items would be banned. Add with the immense amount of sugar which kills off most bacterium and inhibits growth anyway, I can't see a problem with egg white. What do we all think? How can I get a cocktail with a raw egg in it at a bar but not use it in icing? Or get super easy (some might say snotty) eggs with my breakfast but not use egg whites in icing? Thoughts please! Ps I will try and find some pics of my mums stuff from the eighties. It is awesome!

CakeChemistry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeChemistry Posted 25 Oct 2013 , 10:40pm
post #68 of 69

ARoyal icing then, meringue powder or egg white? I have always used egg white but am aware it is deemed risky now. Switched to MP but if am honest, don't really know why. Just doing what am told us right. My mum was a cake decorator, as was my nana, and I have been around many generations of string work and RI design. They (my mum, nan, aunties, great aunt and great gran) all used egg white, raw and unheated. I am of the opinion that any baking with egg that isn't totally cooked through could be deemed as risky. That would mean all manner iof everyday menu items would be banned. Add with the immense amount of sugar which kills off most bacterium and inhibits growth anyway, I can't see a problem with egg white. What do we all think? How can I get a cocktail with a raw egg in it at a bar but not use it in icing? Or get super easy (some might say snotty) eggs with my breakfast but not use egg whites in icing? Thoughts please! Ps I will try and find some pics of my mums stuff from the eighties. It is awesome!

nellirosas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nellirosas Posted 29 May 2014 , 5:38pm
post #69 of 69

I think its just about seeing the photos and recreating it... I haven't seen any templates to practice with... I have recreated the hearts and the spheres... just a lot of practice and steady hand.

good luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%