Operation: Weight Loss Motivation

Lounge By mmdd Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm by Anna31

suzannetherlands Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzannetherlands Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 6:37pm
post #61 of 2466

I had a birthday today (my DH's brother and his wife) so i ate e piece of (store bought) cake. well, it was to big and not half as nice as a home made cake so i am regretting the callories now!
i think when i do some exercise everyday and get a lock on the biscuittin everything has to become ok (and you even CAN drink coffee without biscuits or cake icon_lol.gif
Tomorrow new chances!!
Have a noce day! (here in holland it's 8:30 pm now so almost bedtime shhh.gif )

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 10:12pm
post #62 of 2466

I just want to remind everyone that it takes a little time to get into a set routine. For those of you that have trouble getting up and exercising in the morning, remember you don't have to just do it in the morning. I am soooo not a morning person, so I would have a really hard time getting up early to do it. Infact if I could only do it in the morning, I promise you I would end up not doing it at all.

Find a time of day where you feel like you have more energy and use it. Maybe all the kiddos go down for a nap at a certain time, and you can spend 20 mins of that walking. Maybe when hubby comes home you can let him handle the kids for 20 mins while you walk, or have him help with bedtime to give you some time to walk.

Even SAHM's need to find time for themselves, not only for sanity, but also for their health.

If you don't have 20 mins alone, then find something you and your kids can do together. Remember we all think "Hey I need to walk" but everything we do burns calories. So if you go out and play ball with the kids you are burning more calories than you would not doing it.

You can also give your house a super cleaning and burn alot of calories dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacumning and everything else involved with cleaning. You burn many calories doing yard work as well.

I think for most of us, it isn't that we need to just carve out exercise time, but we need to find things to make us more active. If you are like me you probably spend several hours a day on here. And while I love the internet and message boards, sometimes we just need to get out and do something else for a while.

Also remember, that while we need to watch what we eat, and try to eat less calories we need to keep an equal balance. You want to make sure you are burning off what you are taking in, but you also want to make sure you are taking in what your body needs as well to be healthy. I've heard from a nutrutionist that you shouldn't go below 1200 calories a day in what you take in.

I also want to second what SoCake said. Remember we are not having a contest to see who loses more or who does it faster. We are here to support and encourage each other. Also I think instead of trying to lose as much as we can as quick as possible I think we should focus on losing weight in a healthy way. I have heard numberous times that losing slow is alot better for you and your chances for keeping it off.

We aren't just dieting here, I hope we are trying to change our lives for the better.

TexasSugar Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 10:18pm
post #63 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate

I tried to get onto the yahoo group, but was unable. I click on the link and I get my old MSN sign in page. I don't use MSN any longer.

Opps sorry I should have mentioned. These are email addresses. You can send an email to them to post a message and subscribe.

Group Email Addresses
Post message: [email protected]
Subscribe: [email protected]

If you want to just go to the site, the address is: http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/CakersForWeightLoss/

Lemondrop Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lemondrop Posted 9 Apr 2006 , 11:31pm
post #64 of 2466

I just signed up for the group....I hope everyone does the same icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 4:53am
post #65 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lemondrop

I just signed up for the group....I hope everyone does the same icon_smile.gif

Woo hoo! icon_smile.gif

TexasSugar Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 5:03am
post #66 of 2466

I've been walking for almost 6 weeks now and I just have to say that after I finished my walking to night I have walked 100 miles. icon_surprised.gif It really surprises me how fast it adds up.

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 12:09pm
post #67 of 2466

texassugar, that is great. i havent even started yet. i am starting today. i am going to walk 1/4 mile on an incline. i would do more but like they say a little at a time. i am 110lbs over weight to i think a 1/4 mile will be fine for now.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 5:02pm
post #68 of 2466

I would like to get up early every morning and jump on the treadmill, so then after I'm sweaty I can jump in the shower. Then, I have all of that time after that to be up & ready for my children.

I really need to get into a set schedule NOW because my oldest starts kindergarten this fall and a schedule will definitely be needed!!

I do love mornings....I just love the feeling of everything starting anew. It's great! But, I hate that alarm clock; and I do have to set one b/c sometimes I don't get to bed early enough!

Cakemaster26 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakemaster26 Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 7:59pm
post #69 of 2466

Hi Everyone

I am 27yrs old, 5 feet, and weigh 160pds. I Started out at 185 pounds. I still need to lose at least another 30pds. Good luck with all your challanges. I have joined the group.

Kristy

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 10 Apr 2006 , 9:27pm
post #70 of 2466

I just signed up on the Yahoo site.
YEA for us. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

TexasSugar Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 3:01am
post #71 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by alracntna

texassugar, that is great. i havent even started yet. i am starting today. i am going to walk 1/4 mile on an incline. i would do more but like they say a little at a time. i am 110lbs over weight to i think a 1/4 mile will be fine for now.

I've done some reading about walking here and there. Some of the things I have seen is that you should do what you can do when you can do it. Walking for 15 minutes is alot better than not walking at all.

Also when you walk you shouldn't feel pain. If you do you are walking too fast, too hard or for too long. You should also be able to carry on a conversation while walking. So if you are having trouble breathing slow down.

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 3:57pm
post #72 of 2466

texassugar
Are you a personal trainer? Some of the things you have said come right out of the books and the things that I have heard trainers or professionals say, which is where I learned the little tips. It is great to have you here and great that you started the YAHOO group, you sure are an inspiration!

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 4:09pm
post #73 of 2466

Hi everyone. Wow, this is really great. I wish I had something like this last year. I have another "weight" problem that I am trying to deal with. I have been in a yo yo cycle for years now. I gain, I lose, I gain, I lose. Well, you get the idea. I am 51 years old and I'm SICK of this!! Last year, I lost weight once again. I lost almost 60 pounds and I am FIGHTING to keep it off. Why in the world I became interested in baking and decorating cakes a month or so ago, is beyond me. My weekness is coming back again and I'm not sure if I can keep baking cakes icon_sad.gif It makes me so angry that I am starting to fall right back into my old routine. Over the last 6 weeks, I've gained about 7 pounds back and I know that it will continue unless I get a grip on this. I wonder if there are any groups that you can join that will encourage and support each other in trying to KEEP the weight off? If anyone can point me in that direction, PLEASE let me know. Meantime, if I can help anyone with any suggestions or advice on how I've lost weight, I would be more than happy to help out. Thanks everyone for listening. Take care and I KNOW you all will be successful!

TexasSugar Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 7:29pm
post #74 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karate

texassugar
Are you a personal trainer? Some of the things you have said come right out of the books and the things that I have heard trainers or professionals say, which is where I learned the little tips. It is great to have you here and great that you started the YAHOO group, you sure are an inspiration!

Nope I'm not a personal trainer. Since I started walking I have read many things on the topic of losing weight. I started off doing it by myself, so I wanted to have some information to go by.

I'm glad I can help inspire. It helps to know there are others out there going through the exact same things as you are. icon_smile.gif

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 9:48pm
post #75 of 2466

Just a silly little FYI for you guys - when you drink water, make sure it is ice cold. You're body actually burns a few calories to get that water to your body temp.

Every burned calorie counts!!!!

mmdd Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 10:00pm
post #76 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by KittisKakes

Just a silly little FYI for you guys - when you drink water, make sure it is ice cold. You're body actually burns a few calories to get that water to your body temp.

Every burned calorie counts!!!!

Wow! That's really neat. I watched a show one time about bingers, etc. They would drive in the cars w/o heat and with plenty of snow around, because their body would shiver and that would burn more calories....hmm...........I wonder if eating cold ice cream makes your body burn calories?? Get it?? cold water/cold ice cream.....Oh well!!!!!!!! icon_wink.gif

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 10:17pm
post #77 of 2466

Allright mmdd I'm in you've got me.. I am 31yrs old (just had a b-day on the 1st icon_biggrin.gif ) I'm 5'2 and weigh 180lbs. BUT The top half I swear is 30lbs of it icon_wink.gif . Anywhoo.. I work in an office answering phones and doing data entry, so needless to say I don't move much. However, on tues nights and every other sat I work at a local Ladies gym and I've found that I buffed up quite a bit, but I CANNOT lose the stomach!!!! UGHHH it's sooo frustrating. I mean I feel really good after working out for 1/2 hr and sometimes I'll do some of the machines more than others but I'm not losing weight. I can't figure it out, I stopped snacking at work, now I just have popcorn for my lunch at work and Yes honestly I'll sneak in a pepsi instead of water. I also drink 4cups of coffee in the morning hours. I workout on wed, fri and sat's here at the gym. Now w/nice weather I walk the dog 1mile or so when I get home. SOOO help, what else can I do. I'm here to support everyone else as were all in it together!! thumbs_up.gif

ps... can you refresh me on the exact rules?? thanks

mmdd Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 10:23pm
post #78 of 2466

Socake, are you keeping up with everyone????

Welcome, bodaisy...I think you covered the rules...I'd have to go back to page 1 and check, though. Socake is keeping us all tracked. Our next weigh in day is thurs I believe. You might want to state your goal weight...she may be keeping track of that too.

Does anyone drink that crystal light???? I just got some and it's really good!! icon_biggrin.gif

bodaisy Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 10:46pm
post #79 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdd

Welcome, bodaisy...I think you covered the rules...I'd have to go back to page 1 and check, though. Socake is keeping us all tracked. Our next weigh in day is thurs I believe. You might want to state your goal weight...she may be keeping track of that too.

Does anyone drink that crystal light???? I just got some and it's really good!! icon_biggrin.gif

I'd like to be 132lbs ya know bk icon_wink.gif , obviously not happening. I guess my goal weight is at least 150lbs. I just weighed myself today (tuesday) and it was 180.6lbs.

bodaisy Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 10:47pm
post #80 of 2466

Question...when we weigh ourselves, is it straight weight or do you take off the 3lbs for extra clothing??? At our gym we do both ways. thanks

Cause I am sooooo not getting naked here at the gym, there are no cute guys... eeewwww!!! hahaa just kidding....

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 11 Apr 2006 , 11:42pm
post #81 of 2466

Yep! I am keeping up!!!

There are 13 of us now!

Everyone has been added to the excel spreadsheet that I will use to Keep track of everyone!!!

We started this last Thursday so tomorrow will be the first time we all come back with our weights. (If we make thursdays the weigh in day then it will be easier for me to see who has not weighed in and send them a friendly reminder!!!)

I'M LOOKING FORWARD TO SEEING HOW YOU ALL WENT!!

Good Luck everyone! See you tomorrow!!!

icon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gificon_biggrin.gif

Sandra

bodaisy Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 1:13am
post #82 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmdd

AWESOME AVATAR!!!!!! IT'S VERY SPRINGY!!!! GOOD FOR YOU!

TexasSugar Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 5:06am
post #83 of 2466

[quote="bodaisy"]Question...when we weigh ourselves, is it straight weight or do you take off the 3lbs for extra clothing??? At our gym we do both ways. thanks[quote]

I think that would really be up to you. I weigh with clothes on, but no shoes. As long as you are wearing simlar things every time you weigh you should be getting a close average.

TexasSugar Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 5:09am
post #84 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodaisy

...However, on tues nights and every other sat I work at a local Ladies gym and I've found that I buffed up quite a bit, but I CANNOT lose the stomach!!!! UGHHH it's sooo frustrating. I mean I feel really good after working out for 1/2 hr and sometimes I'll do some of the machines more than others but I'm not losing weight.

Keep in mind, if you are working out with weights and machines you may be building up your mucles and mucles weigh more than fat. So that could be part of it. Also everyone loses weight differently. Are you losing inches by any chance??

mmdd Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:43pm
post #85 of 2466

Today is weigh in day dunce.gif don't tell socake....maybe she'll forget icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

As you can tell I didn't do so good. thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

I don't wanna weigh in icon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif

Nana nana boo boo......you can't make me!!!!!!!!!!! icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

So.............ahem, how'd everyone else do?!?!?!?! icon_redface.gif

KittisKakes Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:47pm
post #86 of 2466
Quote:
Quote:

Our next weigh in will be 13/04/2006

I thought we were weighing in on Thursdays? Don't forget Socake is in Aussie land, so her Thursdays start before ours do in the states.

mmdd Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:49pm
post #87 of 2466

Oh, so I have another day? icon_twisted.gif

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:50pm
post #88 of 2466

I wont forget!!!! icon_twisted.gif

Lucky for you it's still wednesday down under so there will be no harrassing until tomorrow!!!

Don't chicken out!!!! Your not allowed!!

Get those numbers out there!
good or bad don't be scared! icon_biggrin.gif

see you tomorrow!!!!!

Sandra

KittisKakes Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 12:51pm
post #89 of 2466

Actually, I just want one more day icon_biggrin.gif !!! Gotta work off that Taco Bell I had yesterday thumbsdown.gif . But I promise I will post my weight, no matter what it says thumbs_up.gif !

mmdd Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 1:57pm
post #90 of 2466

shhh.gif Was that socake I heard?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%