Operation: Weight Loss Motivation

Lounge By mmdd Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm by Anna31

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 2:15pm
post #91 of 2466

You better believe it!!!

icon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gificon_razz.gif

Im off to bed now, but I will be back tomorrow (which is actualy today because it is 12.12am)

Have a great day, see you tomorrow some time!!!

Sandra

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 2:40pm
post #92 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by bodaisy

Allright mmdd I'm in you've got me.. I am 31yrs old (just had a b-day on the 1st icon_biggrin.gif ) I'm 5'2 and weigh 180lbs. BUT The top half I swear is 30lbs of it icon_wink.gif . Anywhoo.. I work in an office answering phones and doing data entry, so needless to say I don't move much. However, on tues nights and every other sat I work at a local Ladies gym and I've found that I buffed up quite a bit, but I CANNOT lose the stomach!!!! UGHHH it's sooo frustrating. I mean I feel really good after working out for 1/2 hr and sometimes I'll do some of the machines more than others but I'm not losing weight. I can't figure it out, I stopped snacking at work, now I just have popcorn for my lunch at work and Yes honestly I'll sneak in a pepsi instead of water. I also drink 4cups of coffee in the morning hours. I workout on wed, fri and sat's here at the gym. Now w/nice weather I walk the dog 1mile or so when I get home. SOOO help, what else can I do. I'm here to support everyone else as were all in it together!! thumbs_up.gif

ps... can you refresh me on the exact rules?? thanks

Hi-
I noticed that you said you were drinking 4 cups of coffee in the am, when my step-mom cut out the coffee completely out of her diet, that seemed to help her loose weight. However I would not recommend cutting caffeine cold turkey unless you want really bad headaches. I would recommend cutting coffee out slowly to get your body used to having less and less. Also ask the trainers at the gym what kind of toning exercises you can do. The heavier the weight, the more muscle mass you are likely to build up.

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 3:21pm
post #93 of 2466

maybe thats why I've been having these headaches, I'd quit drinking my daily 2 cups of coffee. I sweeten with splenda and I have an almost fat free creamer, but I definitely DO NOT have the decaf.

itsacake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
itsacake Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 7:48pm
post #94 of 2466

Wanted to put in one more word for http://www.sparkpeople.com. It's free and let's you diet he way you want, but it does help make you aware of what you eat. If you eat less than 1200 calories a day, your body can actually decide it is starving and hang onto its fat deposits more tenaciously than before. On the other hand, it is easy to think you aren't eating very much and really be getting more calories than you think. Sparkpeople helps you keep track until you really understand how to balance your energy needs so you can lose weight at a good rate. If you want help with meal planning, it has that, but if you want to do your own thing, it has that too. It will also graph your weight loss, inches lost, and exercise if you want, so you can see your progress.

I'm not afilliated with them in any way except that when I actually use the system, I've had great success with it......

Shalom,
itsacake!

mmdd Posted 12 Apr 2006 , 8:28pm
post #95 of 2466

hey, itsacake, whats your username on there....it asks who referred you

socake Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:48am
post #96 of 2466

GET READY EVERYONE!!!

IT"S TIME TO WEIGH IN!!!

Well I just jumped on the scales and....

I did it!!! I lost some weight!!!!!!!!

I started at 181.2lbs and after one week of skipping each morning and two walks up to the park with the kids I now weigh.........

177.7lbs

I am so going to keep this up!

Best of luck to everyone else! as long as you put the effort in you should feel better about yourself, weight loss or not!!!

RESIST THE CHOCOLATE EGGS!!! Ok you can have some... but not too many!!

Sandra

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 1:21am
post #97 of 2466

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!! You go socake!!!!!!! It's only 9:20 here at night, so I guess I'll talk to ya tomorrow.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 2:36am
post #98 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by socake

Congrats!! thumbs_up.gif

My normal weight in is Tues at 9pm, so I'm going to go ahead with that time as not to confuse myself. Last Tuesday I weighed 172.9. Last night it was 171. So I lost a pound this week, which I'm really happy about since it's that time of the month too. icon_wink.gif

For everyone else that is weighing I would pick a time of the day and try to weigh yourself at the same time every week. Your weight changes many times during the day and you weigh less in the morning than in the evenings. So if you have a weekly weigh in time you are going to have an more accurate idea every week.

VACakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VACakelady Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 7:46am
post #99 of 2466

OK folks, count me in on this. I'm 30 yrs old, 5'2", and I'll weigh this morning after I get home from work, but it's in the vicinity of 215lbs. I've got to do something and this thread will give me the chance to stop feeling miserable. Thanks everyone!!!

bodaisy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bodaisy Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:16pm
post #100 of 2466
Quote:
Originally Posted by socake

GET READY EVERYONE!!!

IT"S TIME TO WEIGH IN!!!

Well I just jumped on the scales and....

I started at 181.2lbs and after one week of skipping each morning and two walks up to the park with the kids I now weigh.........

177.7lbs

I am so going to keep this up!

Best of luck to everyone else! as long as you put the effort in you should feel better about yourself, weight loss or not!!!

RESIST THE CHOCOLATE EGGS!!! Ok you can have some... but not too many!!

Sandra

Good for you, It's 8:15am here on thurs, so I'll be weighing in tonight after work

socake Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:21pm
post #101 of 2466

Ok everyone!!

How did we all go??

This is just the beginning so don't be afraid!!!

WE WILL GET THERE IN THE END!!!

Sandra

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:26pm
post #102 of 2466

icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif 258.5 icon_redface.gificon_redface.gificon_redface.gif

thumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gifthumbsdown.gif

I'm upset tapedshut.gif

socake Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:36pm
post #103 of 2466

Don't be upset!!!

There are many reasons for weight to fluctuate, I jumped on the scales yesterday (just for a sneek peek) and I weighed almost 600g less than I did today!

As long as you keep trying you will eventually see the results you are looking for!

Keep trying and DON"T GIVE UP!!!....your not allowed!!

Sandra

KittisKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KittisKakes Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 12:42pm
post #104 of 2466

Alrighty then - this morning I was 218. SO we start today right?!? Just kidding!! I have no excuse!! I only got on the treadmill twice this week and didn't do a very good job on food choices!! I SWEAR I WILL DO THIS!!!!!!!

Socake and TexasSugar - congrats on losing!!

mmdd - don't give this up!! Start saying good things about yourself, everyday! It takes time to get into an exercise routine and your diet is a lifestyle change. Even if you lose only 1 or 2 pounds a week, that's better than nothing! While you sit at the computer and browse CC, do some exercises. Tighten your stomache muscles for 10 seconds and then relax. Tighten those butt muscles, then relax. Use a small dumbell in your hand and work out those biceps. Multi-task your time here at CC. I'm sure somewhere out there in cyberspace is a description for exercises while you are sitting. But don't forget to do some kind of cardio, like walking - that is so important!

Now, if I follow my own advice, I'll lose too!!!

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 2:54pm
post #105 of 2466

okay i started at 245 and i weighed in this morning at......

242!!!

i havent done much either. i didnt walk and have no excuse but i have changed the way i eat. i am drinking alot more water and eating more fruit.

i guess i need to start walking and quit procrastinating.

texassugar you said i should only walk long enough so that it dosent hurt and as long as i can hold a conversation right? well then i guess i will walk for about 5 minuets then. thats about how long i can walk on my treadmill before i am out of breath and my legs start cramping. i have an old kathy smith treadmill that has the incline built in. i cant change the incline up or down.

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 2:56pm
post #106 of 2466

I just feel BLAGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hmmm...I 'm wondernig how much gastric bypass surgery costs!!! No, really, I am!

I just kinda feel like it's hard to get happy and it's hard to get motivated when you're NOT! I think if I could just get this weight off everything would be fine, and other times I think if I could just be happy, I'd be better on losing weight. So...I know something's gotta give somewhere. And, me yelling at dh isn't making anything better!

He says there's no way he can come home everynight right now. There's no telling if he'll get moved closer to home. He says theres no job around here that will let him make what he's making now. I will not go to work until my youngest goes to kindergarten, which will be august 2007. I've stayed at home for the past 5 1/2 years, and I'm not gonna stop now.

Maybe I should just suck it up and go on! I last posted on "not happy" complimenting my dh. So, what's my problem....I think I'm spoiled! I don't feel like I have to do much unless I really want to. But, I also put my children WAY ahead of me and next to them was dh, so everyone got taken care of except me, cuz I was too tired to do anything for myself. I do have to make "mommy time" and I've started telling my children not right now this is mommy time. And, they go in the other room and about 5 min. later they come back, mommy, can i talk to you now? That makes me feel bad, but sometimes I need a break amongst their constant fighting & arguing and hitting each other!!!

I'll stop now and APOLOGIZE....sorry I just needed to vent!

I'm so happy for you socake, I knew you'd lose some weight!!!!

alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:02pm
post #107 of 2466

mmdd dont get down.

i too stayed at home till my youngest started going to all day prek two months ago and i stayed home for almost 9 years. i started gaining all the weight i didnt want. i went from 135 to 245. you can do it. just start out slow. once you see one pound drop you will be motivated. trust me.

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:14pm
post #108 of 2466

Well, I just gained 3 lbs, so that's definitelynot motivating, but as chicken little says, today is a new day!!!

When I met dh, I was really happy with myself! But, since these boys (1 year and 9 days apart) and two c-sections, I just don't know how to jump back. But, I need to.

Thanks for your words alracntna! And, good luck to you, too!

alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:19pm
post #109 of 2466

ok mmdd,

we are going to do this together....

1. no more soda
2. lots of cold water
3. at least 5 minuets on treadmill or jump rope or jumping jacks, what ever you have to do a little exercise.
4. no more downing yourself. (most important!!)

alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:22pm
post #110 of 2466

dancing!!!!

put on some heels and turn on the radio and dance in the livingroom. the best kind of exercise and its fun and you can do it with the kids. just do it for 5 mins a day for a week and see what you get. 5 mins is just one song a day.

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:25pm
post #111 of 2466

ok, that's fine, but...

1. I have to have my diet dr pepper, but will limit to one a day, hows that?

2. no problem!, I even have some of that crystal light, yum!

3. atleast 5 min, I think I can do 15 though, I used to get on my treadmill all of the time!

4. that's a tough one...I'll need your phone no. so I can call you to talk to you, LOL, I will seriously give it a try. Here goes: I am someone important!!!!!!! (did you see me snub my nose, too) LOL!!!

alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:28pm
post #112 of 2466

no problem as long as you are drinking some water in the day i guess ONE diet dr pepper cant hurt but you want to eventually cut it out. if you want to do 15 mins okay but like texassugar said as long as you can hold a conversation then its okay. and if you need my number to talk pm me and i will be more than happy to give it to you.

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:35pm
post #113 of 2466

I do drink a lot of water, and this crystal light makes me drink even more. My children drink a lot of water, too. I can't get dh to, though!

I actually have cut tea out! I don't ever drink that anymore and that's all my dh drinks!!!

I just looked...you live in texas....might have to get my calling card out...I live in kentucky!! LOL!

I think my perspective of life will change when my oldest starts kindergarten. Did anything change for you, I mean, you really have to stick to a very strict schedule is what I'm planning on doing, b/c of him getting enough sleep, spending quality time with us, etc. My 4 yr old will still be home with me, but he's so quiet when my 5 old is gone.

Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!! icon_smile.gif

alracntna Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:44pm
post #114 of 2466

well when my youngest started going to all day prek we had to get things on a schedule not just for her but because i started working. i am up at 7am i get the kids ready for school and get them to school by 7:30 then i come home and get ready for work. i think this is where i mess up. i skip breakfast. i need to change this. then i get to work. i work in a bakery from 8:30 to 1:30 then i go pick up my 5 year old and when i come home i dont eat luch i just get on cc and read till 2:45 when i have to wait outside for my son to come home. so again i mess up by not eating lunch.then when both kids are home i go over home work and break up fights and yell at them to do the daily chores that they have and then i cook dinner. we all eat and the kids take a shower and then off to bed for them and me and the DH stay up and watch all the shows that i had recorded for the day that we missed. then i take a shower and then i am in bed by 12. i know there is a lot i need to change.

so this is what i am going to start doing. i will eat breakfast for now on and a small lunch. i will walk my 5 min while the kids fight. and i will start going to bed by 10pm. maybe this will help me loose weight.

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 3:56pm
post #115 of 2466

Wow! That kinda sounds a little hectic there, but having childre unusally is, lol.

You should definitely eat breakfast!!!!! If I have to work on my diet dr peppers, you should eat breakfast!!!!

Maybe you could get them to do something like pushups, etc in the 5 min. that you walk???whatcha think?

susanmm23 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susanmm23 Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:27pm
post #116 of 2466

Ok i too am losing weight but i am not doing it alone i am using diet pills to help me because i need to lose 120 pounds. I started feb 22nd thats the first day i took my first pill. when i first weighed in at the dr i was 259. i went back onmarch 21st and i was 249 i go back either tomorrow or tuesday when ever i have time is when i go and according to my scale i am at 238. i drink about a gallon of water a day if not more plus i drink my crystal light. feb 19th was my last soda. i can still eat whatever i want but i have been making better choices in my food. i cut my food intake. i was like alracntna no breakfast and no lunch i would snack here and there but never really ate a meal until dinner. with these pills i cant snack at all and omg i cant believe how much i was actually eating.i never really relized a chip here and there really adds up to alot. i walk on a treadmil for one hour everyday. and in the 2 months i have been doign this i went from a size 20 -22 depending on how it was made to almost fitting in a 14 i say almost because my 16's i can wear but i dont have to unbotton them to put them on but im not able to fit comfortably in a 14. i know all of you can do it. it does take time and hard work. you wont always lose and sometimes you may gain but this is not about being thin (well at least not for me) its about making healthy choices and making a lifestyle change. my dr says i am not on a diet cause diets dont work i am on a weight loss plan that will help me make healthier choices in my life so once i reach my goal i can stay there. GOOD LUCK TO EVERYONE!!!

susanmm23 Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:31pm
post #117 of 2466

oh yeah forgot to add i eat 3 meals a day now and i can eat carbs but i have to make sure i have alot of protien thats what keeps you full longer. carbs fill you up but not for long periods of time. protien keep you full for hours. i have to make my self eat lunch because i will still feel full from breakfast so i eat tuna for lunch that has a ton of protien.

mmdd Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:36pm
post #118 of 2466

Congrats, susanmm23, it sounds like you're doing good! How in the world are you able to stay on that treadmill for an hour?

I have a hard time with proportion size, so I don't skip meals b/c if I did, I'd be eating whatever was in site whenever I felt like I was starving.

I agree with the being thin thing, it's about being healthy. I just want to get back to wearing all of the clothes that are in my closet!!!

susanmm23 Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:44pm
post #119 of 2466

lol its a battle within myself to stay that long!!!!! i have to talk my self into it. for instance after about 10 minutes i am ready to go home and take a shower and just veg out but i say to myself oh come on 10 minutes do at least 20 then you will at least have made a good effort. i do the 20 and think well 10 more minues and i can say i did 30 minutes. once i get to 30 i will talk myself into doing 5 or 10 more minutes and then once you get to 40 or 45 minutes you may as well finish the hour the dr said walk for an hour 5 days a week it doesnt have to be on a treadmill and its not like i am running my aunt goes with me and we talk the whole time.

butternut Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
butternut Posted 13 Apr 2006 , 4:45pm
post #120 of 2466

susanmm23, if you don't mind my asking, what speed do you put the treadmill on when you walk for an hour? Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%