Operation: Weight Loss Motivation

Lounge By mmdd Updated 19 Oct 2007 , 4:18pm by Anna31

Karate Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karate Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 2:31pm
post #721 of 2466

Tcturtleshell: The shot didn't hurt as bad as I thought it would. He said that there was so much swelling that he had a hard time giving it to me. That was Wednesday and already it has helped 90%. I am so happy, but not overly, because I had the same problem with the other wrist and had to get two shots and eventually surgery. It isn't carpel tunnel, he called it (if I can spell it) De Queva or something like that. Anyway it already feels better, so will wait until I get back from my next work trip to start strength training. Which I will miss next weeks weigh in I will be in Louisville, KY for a trade show from Tuesday thru Saturday.

I weighed myself yesterday, just didn't get the chance to post, I weighed 214.6.

Today will be a challange in the eating department, my boyfriends god daughter turns 1. If you know anything about hispanic families, this is a huge party with lots of food and partying. Perhaps I will try to make this a small goal, eat until I feel full then walk away, drink perhaps one glass of wine or one beer then switch to water........hhhmmmm I will have to think about this and will let you all know how it goes.

ONE SMALL STEP FOR ALL OF US, ONE GIANT LEAP FOR WEIGHT LOSS!!!!!!

tcturtleshell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tcturtleshell Posted 19 Aug 2006 , 2:50pm
post #722 of 2466

Karate~ Glad to hear your wrist is feeling better! What do you do for a living? I don't think you ever told us that. Your job sounds interesting, you stay on the road all the time. To me that sounds awesome! I never get to go anywhere! icon_sad.gif

Girl, treat yourself to this party! Just don't over do it. We have to treat ourselves to our favorite foods or we'll feel like we're being punished. I love icecream!! Always have always will!! I've started treating myself to a sundae once a week. (That's a whole lot better then before... I could eat a 1/2 gal in a day!) I pick Fridays to do that. Me & my DH go to Sonic or Dairy Queen & get a sundae. It's like a mini date with lots of pleasure because I LOVE my icecream sooo much!! icon_smile.gif

I got home from driving the school bus yesterday & was exhausted from the heat! It was 109* inside the bus the whole route!! The rest of the week it was 107* every day. I have sweat so much this week that I have literally lost 5 lbs!!! I can't believe it! I'm down to 170 now. I was worried about my workouts because I wasn't able to work out this week because I was so busy with cakes & buses. Little did I know that the bus was a sauna & makes you loose too! I've came home every day soaking, sobbing wet!! icon_cry.gif I had a cake to deliver after I came home yesterday. Got home, took a shower & went to bed before 7pm!!! This heat is killing me!! icon_sad.gif With no break in it for awhile!

mmdd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mmdd Posted 20 Aug 2006 , 11:50pm
post #723 of 2466

Oh yeah, TC...complain all you want about your mobile sauna.......you'll be missing it later when you're freezing your booty off, lol!!!!

I have drilled it into my children about what to eat/what not to eat. My 5 yo will turn down cheetos, etc. b/c he tells me they're junk food. All he wants to eat is healthy food. He says he wants to have energy for school and soccer!!

If my 5 yo understands this(and can actually do it)........why can't I get it through my head?!?!

UGH!!!!!!!!!!!

Dh is getting older as he calls it. His metabolism isn't as great as it used to be. I keep telling him to eat better, but he won't do it. When I met him, he was a 29" waist........oh yes, I said 29!!! And, he would eat anything and everything he wanted!!!! Well, in the past 6 1/2 - 7 yrs...he's slowly went up to a 34" waist....looks much better now, too!!!

He used to sit and eat gummy bears and just all kinds of junk and never gain an ounce. Well, he can't do it anymore. Maybe if I can get him serious about getting healthy, perhaps we can workout together, etc.

Thanks, TC, for that challenge. I need to change several things in my life...why not REALLY start with the weight!!!

Good Luck everyone!!!!

BTW, I hope you have lots of water on that sauna-bus!!

m0use Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
m0use Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 2:30am
post #724 of 2466

mmdd- LOL about hubby..my hubby was a 32 when I married him and now he is a 38...he almost made it to 40 but he refused to buy new pants so he decided to lose some weight...so he's still a 38 but his belly isn't so big and I can hug him much better now.
I was looking at our wedding pics and he looks like such a skinny dork...I like him better the way he looks now...that and he has beautiful green eyes..I love staring into them icon_biggrin.gif
Well, my goal now is to get my belly flatter, I don't mind the size clothes that I am in now..I can fit into a size 9 in juniors but I want my belly flatter...so everynight before I go to bed I do crunches. I vary them up but doing them regular, and then keeping my legs straight I lift my legs up off of the ground a few inches and I can really feel the muscles working.
Well, this week I have the entire week off of work..so I gotta make sure I get some type of walking in every day or I will gain for sure.
My goal for getting my belly flatter is a belly ring! Hubby said I could get one if I make my goal...so flatter belly here I come!

edited for spelling error, I don't want a fatter belly, I want a flatter belly icon_lol.gif

Karate Posted 21 Aug 2006 , 3:05am
post #725 of 2466

Well the party didn't happen, the birthday girl got sick and they had to postpone the party. It was going to be next weekend, but then they had a death in the family last night so will be postponed until Labor Day weekend. I have decided if I want a bit of ice cream or a small piece of cake once a week, I will have it. Obviously deprevation doesnt work, just backfires!!!!!!!

For my job, my title is Sales and Marketing Executive Assistant. Long title for what I do. I work very closely with the Sales and Marketing Manager and am basically his right hand person. The traveling part comes in for our trade shows. We manufacture LED and strobe warning lights for emergency vehicles. We do 21 trade shows a year and I end up working at least 1/2 of those. I go, set up our booth, work the show and tear down. Most times I am gone for 4-5 nights, no more than that. This is the majority of my job since I sign us up for the shows, order the carpet, electrical, and furniture. I make sure our booth and material is shipped out in time, along with assuring where it will be shipped to after each show. I make sure our material is in working condition and all extra items are included (tools, wire cutters, needle nose plyers, ty wraps, screws, nuts and such).
The other aspects of my job include assisting our 7 salesmen with anything that they may need, assisting the customer service center. I put together bid documents that we send in for municipalities when they want to purchase our items. I take care of our show room and in general anything that any department in the office or production may need. I have been with the company for 21 years and have done just about every job there is. (geeeeezzzzzzz sounds like I am tooting my own horn, dont mean to !)

mmdd: my brother used to be able to eat everything that he wanted, then when he got older, HAHAHAHAHA it caught up with him!!! OOOHHH do I sound bitter!?!?!??!?!?! Naw, got over that long ago heheheheh

mouse: I thought about a belly ring, but I think my belly skin (once I loose the weight) might just make that ring swing so much that it might put someones eye out if I show it to anyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway I suppose I should quite, have rambled on long enough. I will be able to check in with everyone tomorrow, then off to Louisville on Tuesday morning till Saturday afternoon.

Bye all and remember the road to success is usually filled with pot holes, just learn to traverse them as best as we can. icon_lol.gificon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

tcturtleshell Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 12:48am
post #726 of 2466

Karate~ Wow! Sounds like you have a very, very interesting job! I would love to get to travel like you do! All the traveling I get to do is up & down the roads in town delivery kids to & from school~
icon_smile.gif Thanks for sharing~

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 2:22am
post #727 of 2466

I'm up this week. icon_sad.gif Up by 3lbs. I've been floating around alot between 159 and 163.

JulieBugg2000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieBugg2000 Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 4:17pm
post #728 of 2466

I just came across this post and spent way too long reading through it - I'm supposed to be getting ready for a birthday get together! lol.

But as I've spent more time on this site, I feel like I've come to be more connected to everyone and to know you all a little more, so I feel comfortable saying that this post hit a soft spot with me and I wanted to give a little input and encouragement!

I'm 5'7" and have been at a steady 128-132 pounds for several years now, but that was not always the case. During high school and most of college I weighed in at 175 with a little over 200 pounds being my highest point. I wear a size 4-6 now and have a pair of my old size 18's to remind me of how things used to be.

My point? It can be done! I started exercising every day (a little at a time; I think my first couple of months were walking about half at a time) and changing my eating habits, and it's amazing the difference it makes in how you FEEL, not only how you look.

I tried low carb, low fat, and even took Phen Phen back before anyone knew how dangerous it was, and always had the same result. I would lose some weight temporarily but when I stopped whatever crash diet I was on, I would gain it back and then some.

I finally decided to totally change my lifestyle and the way I looked at food and exercise, and can't believe the world of difference it made in my entire outlook on life! Of course, now I had to go and take up cake decorating so I've put on 2 or 3 pounds, but those are coming off asap lol.

I probably sound like I'm ramblling, but I knew that when I was in the process of hitting my "goal weight" it meant a lot to me to hear the encouragement of other people and to have someone say YOU CAN DO IT!!!. I think it's a wonderful thing to have this support system of people here on CC who can relate to one another.

Keep it up!!
Julie

mmdd Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 5:46pm
post #729 of 2466

I've been eating healthier all week, but today I broke down and had to have some chocolate, so now I'm thoroughly cleaning the house to burn it off!!!!

I haven't weighed myself since mon. morning, so....I'm hoping, I'm hoping!!!!

Good for you, Julie!! I didn't have much of a weight problem in school. One time I gained weight b/c I moved out of the house and in with some loser guy and almost failed my senior year, but once I got away from him the fat just miraculously came off, lol!! My children did this to me!!!!! AGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats a great accomplishment, that not only to lose the weight, but to keep it off!

We hope to hear from you again.....can't believe it took you this long to find us chubby girls over here...except TC, she don't look very chubby anymore by those pics!!!!!

Good Luck everyone!!

alracntna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alracntna Posted 23 Aug 2006 , 8:06pm
post #730 of 2466

I went to get weighed today and I lost 2 more ponds!!!

Kimanalynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimanalynn Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 12:48am
post #731 of 2466

What are some of the things you guys are doing to help you lose weight? I read up on just about everything i can find, trying to decide what to do. Its almost an information overload! Fruits, veggies, whole-grains; sounds simple, right? So why is it that when it comes time to make dinner, or even pack a lunch, I am stuck for an idea and end up ordering a pizza? I need dinner ideas, lunch ideas. I have done the Lean Cuisine thing; as sad as it is to say it, it doesn't do much for filling me for lunch, so that I end up snacking around 230 on bad stuff again. I have tons of recipe books, but I feel like I'm such a picky person, not trying stuff out. Why does the bad stuff seem so good?!! icon_wink.gif

m0use Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:00pm
post #732 of 2466

The trick is to get rid of most of the bad stuff in the house and replace it with good stuff.
At our house we try not to keep doritos in the house, we keep sun chips, pretzels, and trail mix instead. I'm not one to snack on chips though, but my husband and son do, so whenever I see my husband or son grabbing some chips I tell them to take some out of the bag and put it into a bowl. That way they don't eat a whole bag of chips before they realize how much they actually ate. Also, out of sight, out of mind works really well at our house. We have a drawer full of candy, but since it's not out on the counter for us tempting us we rarely eat it. Once in awhile I go through the drawer and empty it out...but it's good to keep because whenever my son wants a bunch of candy I tell him we have a whole drawerful at home so no, he doesn't need to get any candy.
I try to avoid lean cuisines and such at all costs because they are soo high in sodium!
My favorite morning snack is some fresh fruit- like sliced strawberries or blueberries- with vanilla yogurt and granola. It's healthy and covers 3 major food groups, and it's a good way to get some fiber.

m0use Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:03pm
post #733 of 2466

I almost forgot, when you burn the fat under your loose skin, you will eventually have your body absorb that excess skin. That is why it is better to gradually loose the weight, that way you are less likely to have a tired of skin around your waist.
My belly is starting to get flatter, I've been doing crunches almost every night, and I've been doing some walking and I played tennis the other day. I've really started to notice a difference now that I am exercising again!

socake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
socake Posted 24 Aug 2006 , 1:30pm
post #734 of 2466

I have started Weight Watchers! I am going with a friend of mine each week and I have discovered that the food I have been eating thinking that it was healthy was not the right kind of food for weight loss!

Where most of the people in my meeting were finding it hard keep below their points for the day, I am finding it hard to get anywhere near the points I should be using. I eat alot of foods that are "free" foods but this is not encouraging my metabolism. so to loose weight I need to eat more proteins and a bit more carbs!

At this point I am willing to eat more to loose more! so I will see how I go with it!

hope your all going well!

S

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 26 Aug 2006 , 1:32am
post #735 of 2466

I just read through this thread and I guess i'll tell the world my age, weight, and height. I am 32, 5'3", and weigh 155 lbs. I would love to get back to my high school weight of 115. I weighed 208 lbs. when my son was born and I weighed 146 when I got pregnant so I have lost most of the baby weight. 125-130 is my goal although I don't think I will ever see that weight, it's nice to dream. I am thinking about Weight Watchers but have no one to go with. Good luck everyone!!

tcturtleshell Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 1:16am
post #736 of 2466

Ya'll check out my new ticker!! I saw someone else on CC has the turtle! I had to have it!! Sorry if it's stealing!! But I'm the turtle! I have to have one too!!

I've been sick for the past few days. A sore throat & stomach virius icon_sad.gif Had to go to the dr. YUCK!! I weighed 167 on their scales!! The doc hadn't seen me since Feb because I haven't been sick since then. Thank God!! He was very proud of me!! Made me feel wonderful! He had to look back at his records at what I weighed then. I weighed 252 in Feb!!! I've lost 85 lbs!! Hard to believe!! Because of this rapid weight loss I've been having low blood pressure. It's been causing me a lot of dizziness. Doc put me on some meds to help with that. So all is well~

Carla I'm sooo proud of you!!!!!! Keep it up!!! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif
Ya'll take care~

Dordee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Dordee Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 3:18am
post #737 of 2466

WOW tcturtleshell, you are an inspiration! You should be very proud of yourself. I just can't keep sweets out of my mouth. I started doing sit ups again last night and I must have done them right because I sure could feel them. I have PCOS so it is hard to lose any weight but I just keep thinking "If she can lose 75 lbs. surely I can lose 25". I went to the water park today and it was the first time in my life that I would not go into the water without my bathing suit wrap on. I would love to lose that 25 lbs. this winter and be able to look and feel great come spring. Wish me luck!

GarfieldOne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GarfieldOne Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 4:48am
post #738 of 2466

tcturtleshell, what type of diet are you doing?

Dordee, Do they have you on Glucophage? This can help with the weightloss with PCOS. Also have you have thyroid tests done as it can contribute.

joellephillips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joellephillips Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 7:44am
post #739 of 2466

Hi everyone,

I noticed that you all started this project a few months ago but I need some help! I just turned 32 years old, have an 11 month old, 2 year old and 8 year old. I am 5'3" and weigh 160 pounds. 3 years ago I weighed 125 pounds. I am having a hard time losing the weight after two babies in a row. I was on the M&M diet during my pregnancies! I would like to lose 35 pounds. I was on my way, losing about 15 pounds a couple of months ago but put it all back on. I have absolutely no motivation. I was going to the gym 3-4 times a week and worked myself up to an hour and a half working out (1 hour cardio, 30 minutes weight lifting). But I haven't been to the gym in about 3 months. i just have no energy. On top of that I just broke my toe yesterday, so will be out from exercising for another 4-6 weeks.

I know I look horrible because I refuse to buy bigger clothes, so wear the same two pairs of pants (only ones that fit) every other day. This only makes me feel even worse, and more depressed, and so I eat more.

I need some good moral support and motivation. Help! icon_cry.gif

m0use Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 12:18pm
post #740 of 2466

You've come to the right place!
You CAN do it! We are here to help you!

Kimanalynn Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 12:56pm
post #741 of 2466

Oh, joellephillips, you sound like me! I refuse to buy new clothes, so I have two pair of pants that fit; and then one of the ripped up when we were moving so now I only have one pair!!

Karate Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 1:39pm
post #742 of 2466

Hi all, I'm back in town.

tc: the job is fun, if you are single and have very little family. When I first took on the job, most of my family lived in MN and I didn't have a boyfriend. Now my father snow birds between MN and here so half of the year he is here, and I have a boyfriend with a HUGE family that I just love. I miss so much when I am out of town, I just missed a funeral (I know not fun), I really wanted to be there to lend support. Thank goodness they all understand the nature of my job and that it will take me out of town and I will miss some things. By the way, love your ticker, fits you perfectly! So happy and proud of you for the weight loss. Glad you are feeling better.

JulieBugg: Thank you for the encouragement! We all can use some. If you have any helpfull hints or just want to chime in, please feel free we welcome everyone!

mmdd: I have a motto that I have decided to live by: EVERYTHING IN MODERATION so if you want that little piece of chocolate once a week, then have it. Just not a huge piece and not everyday.

alracntna: Good job and congrats. At this point I am afraid of getting on the scale, it is so hard to eat correctly when on the road and have to eat out every meal.

Kimanalynn: At this point I am eating no or little carbs at breakfast and lunch because I know there will be some if not lots during dinner. I am working out everymorning when I am in town. I think I need to step it up a little more, and my next small step is to incorporate workouts when I am out of town. Most hotels have workout rooms, I just get lazy!!!!!!!

m0use: I love the idea of your breakfast. I used to have yogurt and grapenuts and loved it. I have just bought cream of wheat (maple sugar flavored). I think I will get the yogurt and grapenuts and some fruit for a change.

socake: Good luck with the Weight Watchers, I was thinking about getting the Nutrisystem foods. I am actually in town for a month so would be here and able to eat their foods.

Has anyone tried Nutrisystem?

OH by the way, I have stopped all weight loss pills that I was taking. None of them helped and I really didn't want to have that stuff in my system anyway. So now am trying it the old fashioned and much healthier way!!!!!!!

Dordee: I dont think your goal weight is just a dream! Keep on working on it. Change just one thing a week, dont try to change everything at one time, this doesnt always work, or at least didnt work for me! Im sorry I dont know what PCOS means. Just tell me its none of my business if you dont want to tell.

joellephillips: welcome to our group. You will find all kinds of support, information and cheerleaders here. We all have our "blockages" to our weightloss and with sharing our down falls and accomplishments, ideas and knowledge we all will benefit. Please feel free to share anything you have heard or know to work. If anyone has tried something we will be sure to post the results! I am with you on not wanting to buy new clothes, I refuse too. Feel free to post anything here you would like, or if you feel more comfortable sending anyone of us a private message we all are willing to be the support you need.

OK I think I have caught up on all posts.

Kimanalynn Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 2:25pm
post #743 of 2466

I haven't tried the nutrisystem, but have thought about it. It just seems hard for me to buy myself a month's worth of food, and then still go to the grocery store and buy different food and cook a different meal for the rest of the family. I do know someone who has tried it; she said for the first month she followed it to a T and lost 10 pounds; the thing that gets me is that you could do it yourself; it follows the low-glycemic index. And its proper portion sizes; that is what gets me, the portion sizes. But, that's all stuff I can do on my own at home; I guess the problem is that I don't!

Karate Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 2:29pm
post #744 of 2466

Where would I find info on the low-glycemic index? I guess I never thought about it just being portion sizes. I also didn't think about still having to got the grocery for the household. HMMM glad I put this out there. Perhaps I will think on this a little more.

Kimanalynn Posted 27 Aug 2006 , 2:31pm
post #745 of 2466

I have a few books on it; here are a few websites.

http://www.glycemicindex.com/

http://www.mendosa.com/gilists.htm

mmdd Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 1:06am
post #746 of 2466

[quote="GarfieldOne"]tcturtleshell, what type of diet are you doing?

quote]

Yeah, let us all in on the secret!!!

You're doing great with your weight loss!! What does dh & your kiddies think bout it? MOstly, how much better are you feeling now than many many pounds agO?

Cute turtle!

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 2:50am
post #747 of 2466

mmdd, you know it's not a secret! I always speak openly about my weight loss surgery~ thumbs_up.gif I'm very proud of my decision to have it, it was the best thing I have ever done for myself~
I had weight loss surgery in March of this year. I had Laparoscopic Vertical Banded Gastroplasty (not to be confused with adjustable lap band surgery). My stomach was reduced to 2 oz. with a band around the opening of it so I have to chew my food really good before I swallow. I also have 12 rows of staples, so I got a stomach staple too~ thumbs_up.gif

I haven't had a foot, back, leg, knee ache etc, etc since I lost the 1st 20 lbs!! I have polyneuropathy (can't spell it right), a buldging disc in my back, no cartlidge or meniscus in my left knee (already had surgery on my knee). I weighed 256 lbs when I made the decision to have lap band surgery. I couldn't loose the weight with dieting & working out because I was not able to work out at all with all my problems. Even walking was a killer. All of my dr's were telling me I had to loose weight or the polyneuropathy would progress faster & faster. Well I've lost!! I am now pain free!!!!! I don't have to take any meds anymore not even tylenol!!! I can work out, I can run!!! I have worked out every day since my surgery. Worked hard & made goals for myself. If you don't workout after surgery you can forget loosing much weight. I can do so many things that I never thought I would ever be able to do!!!! A lot of people judge me because I did have WLS but I really could care less. This is a personal decision to make & I made it. I have bettered myself & feel wonderful for giving myself this gift!! (I hope noone thinks I have an attitude about this, because I don't. I'm just trying to explain my story) thumbs_up.gif I call what I have a Drill Sgt! It tells me when I'm full & when to stop eating. You guys know how hard it is to stop eating. Anyone over weight doesn't stop eating when they should. There are a lot of people who stay sick & throw up after WLS, thank GOD that I'm not one of them!! I have never been sick. I do have low blood pressure but I had that before surgery. I've always had low bp. My hair is falling out some which does bother me. But like my DH says... I have to take the good with the bad & if that's all the bad I get I'm doing just fine!! That leads me to my family... My DH & kiddo's have supported me 100%. I have them all eating better & we all workout now!!! Hubby can pick me up now & I can even sit on his lap without squishing him!! icon_lol.gif I can cross my legs & sit comfortably like that. Just little things like that make it all worth wild for me thumbs_up.gif

I have never really said how I feel about my weight loss so I'm so glad that the new people in our little family asked me their question. thumbs_up.gif I FEEL WONDERFUL!!!!!!!!!! I've said this before & I'll say it again..... You guys don't know how much your support means to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I come on here every day excited to see who else has success & if someone isn't having a good week I know it's my duty as part of this family to motivate them & help them get back on track!! Everyone has been there for me so I'm gonna be there for all too!!

Sooooo that's my story & I'm sticking to it icon_wink.gif I hope I didn't totally bore ya'll to death!! icon_eek.gif I'm always happy to answer any questions so PM me or ask it here. I'm not ashamed of my WLS & no question is a dumb one. But if you want to judge me please don't. I don't have time in my happy motivated life right now for negativity. Do any of us? icon_biggrin.gif

I'M SOOOOO PROUD OF EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YA'LL HAVE A WONDERFUL WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OK... I've tweaked & tweakd this post... I think I can submit it now... I hope I don't hurt any feelings because that's not my intentions!

Karate Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 3:37pm
post #748 of 2466

tc, we are all so proud of you. The decision for sugery is always scary and I am glad it has worked for you and you and your family have benefited from it!!

I would love my boyfriend to be able to pick me up again, perhaps this will be one of my goals!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

I got up and worked out this morning. I bumped it up from 30 to 45 minutes. I'm not sure what changed from when I left for my last trip and when I got home Saturday, but I want to work out and loose, maybe this was my turning point! Time will tell.

Anyway TC keep up the hard work girl!!

tcturtleshell Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 4:25pm
post #749 of 2466

Thanks Karate! You are a huge support to me! Thanks soooo much!!! DH has never picked me up in our 20 yrs of marriage! I have always been at least 40 lbs heavier then him. He doesn't go around sweeping me off my feet but boy would that be romantic!!! icon_smile.gif LOL Karate~ You will get to you goal!! Just keep on keeping on!! Be your sweet self & keep making those goals!! I believe in you!!

joellephillips Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joellephillips Posted 28 Aug 2006 , 10:06pm
post #750 of 2466

I have tried the nutrisystem diet in April of this year. I paid for my one month and spent the time to choose all of the food that I thought I would like. It was delivered straight to my house. Except about 75% of the food sent to me was not what I chose. I recieved a letter with the shipment stating that my choices were out of stock, so they decided to substitute for me. Almost all of my breakfast choices were replaced with dry cereal. I don't drink milk, so I never eat cereal. So, I couldn't use any of the breakfasts.

I also thought that with 2 little babies and a busy 8 year old that needs to be shuffled here and there, that this would be convenient for me. I was so wrong. Alot of the lunches and dinners were just start up ingredients. You still needed to purchase other things to go with the meal and prepare them as if you were cooking on your own anyway. I called them and cancelled after trying it for 2 weeks.

My mother in law has done Jenny Craig and lost a lot of weight. The meals are all prepared and just need to be microwaved (what I thought I was getting with NutriSystem).

So now I am back to doing it on my own. I did Atkins after my 2nd baby and lost 50 pounds in 5 months - then I got pregnant! Oh well!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%